Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Watch OS 10

Watch OS 10
ghporter
Administrator
Nov 23, 2023, 05:06 PM

I upgraded my Series 6 watch to Watch OS 10 a few days ago. Yesterday and today I have noticed that the watch battery doesn’t seem to last anywhere near as long as before the update. Which is weird because wasn’t 10 supposed to feature “better battery life”?

I’ve restarted and “hard” restarted the watch, as well as quitting any app I am not actively using, with minimal improvement. Apple suggests if the hard restart doesn’t fix it, that I should unpair the watch from my phone then repair it.

Any ideas about what’s going on here? I’d like to avoid the unpair/re-pair thing if possible.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Nov 23, 2023, 07:20 PM

Yup. Love the new features and the changes they’ve made, but battery life is shit on my Series 6.

Supposedly, the next update will bring improvements.

ghporter  (op)
Administrator
Nov 24, 2023, 09:17 PM

Oh. Joy. It's not like I do a ton of power-intensive stuff with my watch, but this past July I went two days without charging it (I forgot my charger). By the end of the day lately, I'm getting down to the low 30% range. At first it was worrisome, but now it's just a bother...

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Forum Links
Forum Rules