Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Decode this system.log error...

Decode this system.log error...
PuzzleOfLife
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 15, 2004, 10:17 PM

Just got a new 2Ghz G5... and I see this is

Jun 14 23:31:26 localhost kernel: ^PSound assertion "!success && ( 0x6A == address )" failed in "AppleOnboardAudio/K2Platform.cpp" at line 289 goto Exit

repeated alot on the system.log during reboot. Anyone knows what it means?
Now with G5 Power...

audiffred
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 15, 2004, 10:38 PM

I get similar messages on waking from sleep, and the audio is "messed up". Sounds are almost muted and accompanied by a loud buzz. I had another person confirm the same behavior on this forum.

I had a very brief look at the Darwin source code that generates that error, and it was not very informative. It appears that re-establishing the operation of the audio IC after wakeup is problematic on my machine (dual 2GHz). I hope the problem is not electrical so that a bit more attention to the code can clear up the issue.

-Bryan

Forum Links
Forum Rules