Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Help me sync my Sprint/Nextel i870.

Help me sync my Sprint/Nextel i870.
chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 10, 2005, 11:56 AM

I really like this phone, and so far I've been much happier with the quality of the signal/service from Sprint/Nextel than I was with ATT/Cingular. (billing "anomalies" as well). However, no workee with iSync. This bums me out, as it was the ONLY thing I liked about my old Sony Ericsson T-630. Bluetooth sees the phone, but then declares it incompatible. iSync sees it, then declares it's not supported.

What are my possibilities? There is a USB cable available for sale, but I don't know what that'll get me. Any third-party utilities?

What about *shudder* Virtual PC? Does Virtual PC work with bluetooth? Is there a way to move data from iSync to a Windows equivalent, and then on to the phone?

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

chris v  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 11, 2005, 12:30 PM

If this thing is supported in Windows, (you'd think some OS would support it, or why the Bluetooth) does VPC work with Bluetooth?

Anybody? Bueller?

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

Lo_Ruhamah
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 19, 2005, 12:42 PM

I also purchased the i870 (after my old tattered i60 started to give up the ghost). Your bluetooth should work fine, I can transfer pictures, movies, and audio back and forth, try the "Bluetooth File Exchange" application in the utilities folder.

With regards to iSync, at the moment I have not been able to find a solution. It seems we may have to wait for the next update from Apple on that one, unless someone with more phone knowledge than me, can create an iSync plug-in.

Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 1, 2006, 09:10 PM

I tried the bluetooth file exchange, but wasn't able to get files FROM my i870-- was there anything special you had to do? Thanks

parsec_kadets
Senior User
Jun 2, 2006, 11:35 AM

Check out howardforums.com. Lots of info on syncing cell phones to macs there.

Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 3, 2006, 01:48 AM

Thanks for the site parsec

And to clarify, it turns out that I was just misunderstanding what Lo_Ruhamah meant-- he said "I can transfer pictures, movies, and audio back and forth" and I thought that meant he could use the bluetooth "browse" function and move ringtones back and forth. Unfortunately those functions are disabled by Nextel/Sprint, atleast with regards to bluetooth. It turns out that single files at a time can be transmitted. "To transfer from the phone to the computer, you need to select the picture/song/movie etc press the menu button and go all the way down to "Transfer" where you can select Bluetooth."

Forum Links
Forum Rules