Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Feedback > WTF: Scotttheking harassing me

WTF: Scotttheking harassing me
brokecollegestudentF04
Banned
Jan 31, 2007, 11:12 AM

Niesha,

I regret to inform you that you are being banned from trading in the MacNN Marketplace, and also being banned from these forums as a whole. This has come about due to a series of events over the past few months.
First, we received several complaints, with evidence, of fraud perpetraded by members of your household. Second, we have received complaints regarding your activity on this forum. Third, you have constantly violated Marketplace posting guidelines, including multiple threads per page, and commercial trading. You received warnings in the past regarding this. In addition, evidence has surfaced that you are selling machines with pirated software.

Your ban from the forums as a whole stems from a decision to not allow traders who have committed fraud to post on the forums.

--Scott

So this is what I get from scotttheking.. Now how am I doing commercial activity.. I run a small business that refurbs macs.. So what scott is saying is I cant put an operating system on t hem.. Come on.. and If i dont want to deal with someone and I have a deal going on I have the right to back out.. Now my boyfriends past history has nothing to do with me.. I shouldnt have that held against me.. This is bull crap.. ive done nothing wrong.. every time i post something scotttheking is after me.. Its like he has nothing better to do but harass me.. So cant we get this taken care of.. He wants to play games Ill play games too.. He done messed with the wrong girl..

Kevin
Baninated
Jan 31, 2007, 11:30 AM

Title is misleading.

BTW "he done messed with the wrong girl"

What are you going to do? The owners of said forum can say who goes and who doesn't for any reason.

"Sorry I don't like the why you used bevel in the sig.... BANNED"

Nothing you can do about it.

Scotttheking
Moderator Emeritus
Jan 31, 2007, 11:34 AM

Though there are mods that do harrass members they have personal issues with
Don't worry, this case was discussed amongst the mods and admins, and after consideration of the evidence this action was taken. It is nothing personal.

As for the pirating, see this thread: http://forums.macnn.com/89/macnn-lou...s-in-my-house/
In particular:

Originally Posted by brokecollegestudentF04 View Post
Exactly.. I install panther or tiger on the machines they are ready to go out the door.. i dont think apple is gonna come down on a small time operation like this
The ban is now in place. Sorry that it took so long.
My website
Help me pay for college. Click for more info.

Kevin
Baninated
Jan 31, 2007, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Scotttheking View Post
Don't worry, this case was discussed amongst the mods and admins, and after consideration of the evidence this action was taken. It is nothing personal.
I believe there is nothing personal going on with this case Scott. Nor do you have a history of doing such a thing. I also believe the topic is misleading. Asking a person to stop breaking forum rules is in no way harrassing someone. No matter who does the asking.

BTW Niesha, you are putting an OS on the computers that it didn't come with. This is ILLEGAL DEALINGS. You aren't just "putting an OS on a computer'

Dakar²
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 31, 2007, 11:54 AM

It's been some time since we've had drama in here. I blame the damn seasonal affective disorder

Kevin
Baninated
Jan 31, 2007, 12:18 PM

I doubt this gets to legendary status of the others. I don't think anyone here will agree that was harrassement.

Now if she had sold Scotttheking something and he decided he didn't want it and she wouldn't take it back and scott started harrassing her THEN she may have a point. But this isn't the case.

He is simply doing "his job"

Dakar²
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 31, 2007, 12:26 PM

No you're right, this is a weak effort.

effgee
Caffeinated Theme Master
Jan 31, 2007, 12:46 PM

... Now how am I doing commercial activity.. I run a small business that refurbs macs ...
Congrats. You ask a question, answer it in the next sentence, yet remain confused about the nature of the matter as a whole. That's what I call quite the achievement.

... So what scott is saying is I cant put an operating system on t hem.. Come on ...
No. What he's saying is that you can't put an OS, for which you don't have a license, on a computer and advertise that fact ... because ... uhm, let's see ... oh right, it's illegal. Yep, that's why.

... and If i dont want to deal with someone and I have a deal going on I have the right to back out..
Damn right you are. That is your right just as much as it is MacNN's right to decide that they don't want to do business (= let you post in their forums) with you. MacNN's servers are private property – not publicly owned space – and they can allow/refuse entry and/or participation as they please.

... Now my boyfriends past history has nothing to do with me.. I shouldnt have that held against me.. This is bull crap.. ive done nothing wrong..
It has everything to do with you. No one can, with reasonable certainty, verify that it is actually you who is running this business and/or posting ads. The only thing we have is your word and for me personally that's not even remotely good enough.

... every time i post something scotttheking is after me.. Its like he has nothing better to do but harass me.. So cant we get this taken care of.. He wants to play games Ill play games too..
Quit flattering yourself ... he's "after you" because you consistently break the rules of the Marketplace; be it "one ad only", "no commercial traders without prior consent from MacNN" or "no illegal software", it seems there isn't a single rule you haven't broken yet. And you are honestly surprised that you got your butt banned from this place ... even if it weren't for your boyfriend's ... uhm, "shady" (< and I'm trying desperately to remain polite here) past?

... He done messed with the wrong girl..
WTF does that even mean?

( Last edited by effgee; Jan 31, 2007 at 12:54 PM. )

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Jan 31, 2007, 01:10 PM

1. "Fraud perpetrated by members of your household" is hogwash. If I pry into Scott's personal life and find he has a relative with a record, does he get banned? Tooki explicitly said that what members of your household do is irrelevant.

2. What is the Marketplace for, if not engaging in commerce? That's what a marketplace is!

Originally Posted by effgee View Post
It has everything to do with you. No one can, with reasonable certainty, verify that it is actually you who is running this business and/or posting ads. The only thing we have is your word and for me personally that's not even remotely good enough.
Then don't do business with her. That isn't reasonable grounds for banning.
( Last edited by Chuckit; Jan 31, 2007 at 01:27 PM. )
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

Kevin
Baninated
Jan 31, 2007, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Chuckit View Post
1. "Fraud perpetrated by members of your household" is hogwash. If I pry into Scott's personal life and find he has a relative with a record, does he get banned? Tooki explicitly said that what members of your household do is irrelevant.
There is no way to verify who is actually posting. If I am banned, I could register an account saying I was my GF and would still be able to post. Sometime the actions of one hurt those that they are close to.

Also when you are married to, or date a known con artist you are going to have to expect to also receive some flack because of your relation to that person.

Not to mention the fellow's mom herself came on here an announced he was also part of the selling process.

Also brokecollegestudentF04 admitted he was apart of her selling process until later when she backpedaled and said he didn't have anything to do with the selling part.

2. What is the Marketplace for, if not engaging in commerce? That's what a marketplace is!
It's not for selling stolen merchandise.
Then don't do business with her. That isn't reasonable grounds for banning.
That wasn't the only reason for the banning.

If "she" wants to get mad, "she" needs to get mad at the person responsible for this happening. Her boyfriend.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Jan 31, 2007, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
There is no way to verify who is actually posting. If I am banned, I could register an account saying I was my GF and would still be able to post. Sometime the actions of one hurt those that they are close to.

Also when you are married to, or date a known con artist you are going to have to expect to also receive some flack because of your relation to that person.
And when you ban somebody for violating made-up rules, you can expect flack for that as well.
Chuck
___

Kevin
Baninated
Jan 31, 2007, 01:43 PM

And when you ban somebody for violating made-up rules, you can expect flack for that as well.
What made up rules is that? Please list them.

If there is any "made up rule" banning going on, believe me I'd be the first to be hissing and honking about it.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Jan 31, 2007, 01:54 PM

What made up rules is that? Please list them.
Did you read the tooki post I linked? He explicitly said that there is no rule against — and you should not be banned for — living with somebody who has done something banworthy. Unless I'm misreading, that was the first reason Scott gave for her banning. Hence, made-up rule.
Chuck
___

Kevin
Baninated
Jan 31, 2007, 02:30 PM

My point was, take that out, they they STILL had valid reasons to ban her.

Notice, they knew about the situation WELL before today. It wasn't till she started advertising that she sold computers will illegal software did she get banned.

Now, her being known to be hooked up with a KNOWN con artist along WITH her sellling illegal software..

effgee
Caffeinated Theme Master
Jan 31, 2007, 02:37 PM

Did you read the tooki post I linked? He explicitly said that there is no rule against ...
Not that my opinion counts for anything (and not that this would keep me from voicing it anyway) but methinks that, especially when you deal with someone over the internet (= never meet them in person), living under the same roof with person A who's been involved in criminal activities directly related to what person B is attempting to sell could/should very well disqualify B from selling these items here. Simply because it is impossible to verify that A isn't involved in B's business dealings. Being found "guilty by association" is always a very sticky issue but personally, I'd rather see MacNN protect many potential buyers than a single seller.

Mind you, I'm not saying the matter was handled in the most perfect way possible ... but I'm definitely convinced that all the mods/admins deserve their fair share of slack. They are volunteers, after all and each of them has a life outside of MacNN. Everybody makes mistakes, including (but not restricted to) the admins/mods.

Railroader
Banned
Jan 31, 2007, 03:02 PM

As for the pirating, see this thread: http://forums.macnn.com/89/macnn-lou...s-in-my-house/
In particular
So, I expect that any advocacy of pirating games or music or even Vista (OMG!!!) to be a bannable offense? I'd expect someone to receive an infraction for such despicable behavior (despicable, according to MacNN mods it appears).

Looks like you have a lot of house cleaning to do.

Look, I am not defending Niesha's actions with being a "wholesaler" of used Macs and posting multiple thread in the marketplace when it is forbidden to do so. Warn her, give her an infraction, and if she continues to violate the rules, then ban her.

She should certainly be allowed to advertise in her sig like everyone else seems to do around here.

But to ban her for talking about pirating an OS when it is commonly discussed without punishment, and punishing her for dating a guy with a scammer history, seems like harassing behavior to me.

Atomic Rooster
Jan 31, 2007, 03:08 PM

There is nothing wrong with selling a machine with an operating system on it. The person receiving it needs to know it works. They'll have to obtain some discs sooner or later to reinstall and such.

Fekk you guys are wanting to wrangle about everything.

I have no problem with any of this sh!t. Some of you guys need to get the pine cones outta uranus.

Now awaiting the the Kevin (Iknow everything) attack.

Edited by Scott: Atomic Rooster, you really are not promoting ban evasion.

Hmmm...theking? No humility and thinks this is the be all end all. Weeeee! I'm a mod, I have power over you drones.

HOLY CRAP!!!!! I agree with Railroader!
( Last edited by Scotttheking; Jan 31, 2007 at 03:45 PM. )

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 31, 2007, 03:22 PM

S/He has done and said things that appear fishy, under the table, or otherwise untrustworthy.

The mods don't *really* need a justifiable reason to ban that user from the forums. She wasn't making a good name for herself and dug herself deeper and deeper into a hole that didn't really help her case.

I agree with Kevin. The mods were probably well aware of his/her shady behaviour before anyone started complaining, and these last bits were the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.

Banning happens. It's not as though ScotttheKing has been following brokecollegestudentF04 around the forums, harassing her and locking every single one of her threads or deleting her posts everywhere.
Sell or send me your vintage Mac things if you don't want them.

effgee
Caffeinated Theme Master
Jan 31, 2007, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Railroader View Post
So, I expect that any advocacy of pirating games or music or even Vista (OMG!!!) to be a bannable offense? I'd expect someone to receive an infraction for such despicable behavior (despicable, according to MacNN mods it appears) ...
Oh come on, how's that even worth mentioning? These forums exist because the ads pay for them. If people openly discuss pirating software it's only a matter of time until the ad networks will be done placing ads here and the forums will be gone as well. As simple as that.

... Looks like you have a lot of house cleaning to do. ...
I rarely find myself motivated/bothered to the point where I actually take the time to defend a mod's "questionable" actions – but this time around, I not only agree with their decision but the "discussion" also bothered me enough to type up my opinion. But yes ... there's always room for improvement, nothing wrong with pointing that out

... Warn her, give her an infraction, and if she continues to violate the rules, then ban her. ...
That would indeed have been the consequent thing to do. That or banning her outright, without any "you're in/you're out/you're in/you're out". Alas, we're all human and everbody makes mistakes, no?

... She should certainly be allowed to advertise in her sig like everyone else seems to do around here. ...
This has been pissing me off for ages – no one should be allowed to do that here. Ever. I see ads aplenty during my offline days and at the top/bottom of every page here. No need to turn people's posts into billboards as well.

... But to ban her for talking about pirating an OS when it is commonly discussed without punishment, and punishing her for dating a guy with a scammer history, seems like harassing behavior to me. ...
Like it or not ... and I'm not saying that to piss you off, merely stating facts, it's private property, they make/interpret the rules and that's all there's to it.

Scotttheking
Moderator Emeritus
Jan 31, 2007, 03:36 PM

Thanks for all the comments here.

I'm not making individual responses, but you can all rest assured that there was a long process involved in this.
Living under the same roof as someone is not in and of itself grounds for banning, however carrying on the same things he was doing before he was banned, stating on the forums that she does this with her bf, and maintaining similar actions does warrant it. Plenty of warnings were given, her "Scott is out to get me" comments relate to the warnings she was previously given.
Finally, evidence was presented about past actions, and there were various other indicators, including trades with issues, that justified the ban.

--Scott
My website
Help me pay for college. Click for more info.

Atomic Rooster
Jan 31, 2007, 04:02 PM

--Scott
I made a suggestion as to why she farted up an come back in time and keep things impersonal. Just look at all the personal attacks on people here. And I'm not saying I'm innocent of this fact.

Leave my posts alone and do not alter them or am I next Scottt?

OK...Lock.

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 31, 2007, 07:11 PM

all i'm gunna say is thank god she's gone. always had a bad vibe about her

edit: maybe not? :/ wtf? online?:

Alex
( Last edited by brassplayersrock²; Jan 31, 2007 at 07:50 PM. )

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Jan 31, 2007, 08:25 PM

Why does this thread feel like deja vu?

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Jan 31, 2007, 09:08 PM

Well since we're on the topic of banning people who put OSes on Macs, better ban me for selling a Mac with an OS without including discs.

SSharon
Professional Poster
Jan 31, 2007, 09:33 PM

Although there is always room for improvement in the moderation of MacNN, I don't think scott is one of the moderators that abuses his power in any way. Other mods here have reputations for interfering (think tookinated huge images) even though their intentions are generally good. Only one side of this debate has someone whining and complaining, the other side seems overly patient and calm.

I don't think people should be judged by their family members in this context, but there was enough other evidence to warrant a ban anyway. Everyone wants the marketplace to work and even people that are hated by members here often carry on perfectly legitimate sales. It seems cash is back now, but I did business with him after his last ban with no problems at all. The difference is that in his case only his online activities were questionable (all those personal attacks), but here both the online and offline activities are inappropriate.

As for ads in sigs, if it is for an item posted in the marketplace, I have no problem with it at all.
AT&T iPhone 5S and 6; 13" MBP; MDD G4.

osxpinot
Senior User
Jan 31, 2007, 10:24 PM

I'm glad this individual is gone. I've received personal threats from her and her sociopath husband, so she is hardly one to talk.

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 31, 2007, 10:27 PM

Do you know what happened when I saw this thread?

Honest to god, I cracked open a and opened up a bag of with .

Kenneth
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 31, 2007, 10:42 PM

A thread about brokecollegestudentF04, that's big.

Long story short, I had problem dealing with her as well.

effgee
Caffeinated Theme Master
Jan 31, 2007, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by Kerrigan View Post
... ...
I've always wondered how anyone could drink that yuppie-piss.

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 31, 2007, 11:03 PM

Mmm it is so good!

As for Mrs. Ca$h, I think MacNN has acted responsibly. We all know how serious Apple legal is, and if they discover that the owners/mods knowingly allowed her to sell pirated installs of OSX, things could get nasty.

Another thing: people buying 8-9 year old computers don't give a hoot about OSX. She probably could've just shipped them with the original OS and gotten the same amount of money.

Person Man
Professional Poster
Jan 31, 2007, 11:30 PM

Mmm it is so good!

As for Mrs. Ca$h, I think MacNN has acted responsibly. We all know how serious Apple legal is, and if they discover that the owners/mods knowingly allowed her to sell pirated installs of OSX, things could get nasty.

Another thing: people buying 8-9 year old computers don't give a hoot about OSX. She probably could've just shipped them with the original OS and gotten the same amount of money.
News flash: Brokecollegestudent is not Rob's wife. Cash and Niesha aren't related in any way.

Notice that greenascash68 got banned, but centerchannel68 is still a member.

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 31, 2007, 11:36 PM

Wait, what? I'm seriously confused. Who is the con-artist husband? Who is greenascash68?

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Feb 1, 2007, 12:21 AM

About the OS: most of her Macs that she gets do not come with a HD.

Kevin
Baninated
Feb 1, 2007, 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by osxpinot View Post
I'm glad this individual is gone. I've received personal threats from her and her sociopath husband, so she is hardly one to talk.
Got any logs?

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Feb 1, 2007, 02:04 AM

Wait, what? I'm seriously confused. Who is the con-artist husband? Who is greenascash68?

Well, greenascash68 is the same girl as brokecollegestudentf4, I think. If you're curious…
Chuck
___

Gamoe
Mac Elite
Feb 1, 2007, 03:04 AM

I'm not making any other judgments, nor defending nor attacking anyone here, but on the point of an OS-- It's pretty standard practice for individuals to advertise/sell a machine with the latest OS it can run on it. In fact, I recall an old Consumer Reports article advising this if one was selling an old computer.

It's not really a Mac without the Mac OS, and I doubt that many people have issue with this, even including Apple. Now, to include burned Mac OS X or Photoshop discs would be another mater entirely.

Kevin
Baninated
Feb 1, 2007, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by Gamoe View Post
I'm not making any other judgments, nor defending nor attacking anyone here, but on the point of an OS-- It's pretty standard practice for individuals to advertise/sell a machine with the latest OS it can run on it. In fact, I recall an old Consumer Reports article advising this if one was selling an old computer.
She didn't just advertise what OS it could run. She put the LATEST on there without paying for the license fees.
It's not really a Mac without the Mac OS,
Then put the OS it CAME WITH on it.
and I doubt that many people have issue with this, even including Apple.
You'd be wrong.
Now, to include burned Mac OS X or Photoshop discs would be another mater entirely.
No, including any OS on there she didn't pay for or the customer didn't pay for is still very illegal.

She would have to pay a group license fee, or pay for each copy she put on the computer.

What she is doing is no different than making copies of the CD and selling them.

She is making copies and putting them on computers they did not come with. And selling those computers.

The point is, she sweared up and down that "her" business was legit. That no funny business was going on that "her" BF was involved in.

"She" already had many strikes against her as well before this.

Dakar²
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 1, 2007, 09:05 AM

WTF: This thread is harassing me

Kevin
Baninated
Feb 1, 2007, 10:01 AM

I am all for banning this thread.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Feb 1, 2007, 10:23 AM

In before the lock!

Kevin
Baninated
Feb 1, 2007, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by imitchellg5 View Post
In before the lock!
Demonhood rule
Don't post nonsense threads, +1 posts, or anything else with no semantic value

BAN HIM

Atomic Rooster
Feb 1, 2007, 05:00 PM

Demonhood rule
Don't post nonsense threads, +1 posts, or anything else with no semantic value

BAN HIM
Who's anti-semantic? That is downright outrageous and even rayshizt.

So is this person Mrs. Ca$h? I had no idea she was causing such a ruckus around these here-abouts.

I'm confusionated.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Feb 1, 2007, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Atomic Rooster View Post
So is this person Mrs. Ca$h? I had no idea she was causing such a ruckus around these here-abouts.

I'm confusionated.
No, this girl has no relation to Rob except they hate each other. I posted a link to a thread that basically details who she is and why people have a problem with her. (Long story short: Her boyfriend was, and possibly still is, an Internet scammer.)
Chuck
___

Kevin
Baninated
Feb 1, 2007, 05:15 PM

Me and my boyfriend go to local surplus sales and purchase computer equipment and fix up and resell it.
"She" told on "herself" right there.

"her" boyfriend was banned from selling things here. Using "her" account to sell things is still him selling things here.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Feb 1, 2007, 05:22 PM

"She" told on "herself" right there.

"her" boyfriend was banned from selling things here. Using "her" account to sell things is still him selling things here.
Once again, read the post by tooki about Rob's wife. You are mistaken.
Chuck
___

Demonhood
Administrator
Feb 1, 2007, 05:32 PM

she was banned. that's all there is to it.
this thread now serves no purpose and will be put down.

residentEvil
Professional Poster
Feb 1, 2007, 06:06 PM

okay; thanks!

in after the lock!!! ???

Demonhood
Administrator
Feb 1, 2007, 06:14 PM

i didn't wear pants to work today either. i must be losing it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules