Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > WoW - map coordinates below minimap

WoW - map coordinates below minimap
PMDaly
Forum Regular
May 13, 2005, 02:37 PM

Is there a mod that puts the map coordinates below the minimap? I d/led cosmos to do this... but yes... it is extreeeme bloatware. I deleted it w/in the hour. Also, if you provide a link to the map coord adon can you also tell me the command to open it up in WoW? I d/led on program but I can't find the command anywhere. Thanks in advance.
-P

AKcrab
Moderator Emeritus
May 13, 2005, 06:27 PM

I recently started using Titan Panel which adds a bar to the top (or bottom) of your screen with lots of useful information, including your coordinates. There are "plugins" that people have made to make the bar even more useful, and interactive with other addons.

If you want just a floating, movable location window, you can try Location Coordinates which will also tell you your coordinates as you mouse around the main map. Very handy. In fact, I keep this addon installed simply for the coordinates on the map.

Edit: I just logged in, and was changing this addon to do JUST the coordinates on the map, and noticed that the TitanPanel part actually *does* put the location on the main map, at the bottom.. I never noticed cause I was used to seeing it in a certain place.

While we're talking about addons.. Ya'll should try AutoTravel. It's a bit of a pain to set up, but brilliant once you have it set. I can be standing in sentinal hill, choose raven hill cemetary from my list of destinations, and off my character runs while i get a sandwich. Simply amazing. (Has a nice plugin for TitanPanel, too.)
( Last edited by AKcrab; May 13, 2005 at 07:34 PM. )

redJag
Senior User
May 14, 2005, 11:12 AM

Wow I've been thinking about how nice an addon like AutoTravel would be but figured it would be too much of a pain to ever create one.. gonna have to try it out.
Travis Sanderson

OwlBoy
Addicted to MacNN
May 14, 2005, 04:12 PM

I am betting auto travel will be broken some day by blizzard. They are just looking the other way for now since all the functions to do it are in wow, and none break any rules.

Try this for coordinates on the World Map:

Edit: April 2008, the addon linked here was from 2005, it prolly don't work anymore.

-Owl
( Last edited by OwlBoy; Apr 19, 2008 at 09:57 PM. )

starman
Clinically Insane
Jun 23, 2005, 09:10 AM

I found Cosmos to be EXTREMELY useful. Bloated? Well, yes, but you can turn things on and off if you don't need them.

Mike

Home - Twitter - Sig Wall-Retired - Flickr

Horsepoo!!!
Banned
Jun 23, 2005, 11:18 AM

I stopped playing the game because of exactly that (and other things).

People using Comsos...people using crazy macros. It got to the point that I had to use macros also to compete with some of the other PvP players.

Normally, I wouldn't have bothered with weapon switch macros...but when I noticed how many were 'exploiting' this behavior, I had to do it also to even the match. I put exploiting in brackets because it's not really an exploit...Blizzard doesn't care at all and it's apparently realistic that characters would pull out two different swords or a dagger to backstab and then switch back to other weapons. I can't find a big enough rolleye.

I've never used Cosmos, but I know people could figure out other people's levels (when they were more than 10 levels above you) at one point, and map coordinates allows for people being attacked to broadcast their coordinates on public channels making other people come to the rescue.

The game just isn't fun anymore...but that's my opinion. I think everyone should be on equal grounds. Nobody should be allowed to download 'hacks' to gain an advantage over other players or feel obliged to download 'hacks' to regain equality.

This reminds me of MUDs back in the days...you had to type out everything you wanted to do. In PvP MUDs, the one with the faster typing skills and better nerves would win because he wouldn't fumble typing his commands, etc....until MUD clients came out and allowed for macros, triggers and scripts. Then it was all about who had the better triggers, scripts and wasn't about skills or nerves anymore.

"Oh, I've been disarmed...no problem, the trigger just detected that I've been disarmed and will 'pick sword', 'weild sword'"

I don't know how far WoW will get but I'm scared of the day they'll allow triggers.
( Last edited by Horsepoo!!!; Jun 23, 2005 at 11:24 AM. )

natedogg8723
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 6, 2007, 05:30 AM

OK i am new to this and when i try to use thottbot for a quest it gives me grid coordinates. i have tried to download an addon for getting grid coordinates on my WOW but it doesn't seem to work. is there anyone out there that can help me find one that will work and tell me how to do it and i would like to figure out that Auto Travel one to it sounds very usefull. thanks

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Aug 6, 2007, 10:18 AM

If you're downloading the mods in this thread, note that it's more than two years old. These mods won't work anymore. Try downloading from some proper mod site (e.g., The Unofficial World of Warcraft Mods site) and make sure it's a current version of the mod.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

Chinasaur
Senior User
Aug 14, 2007, 05:02 PM

Titan Panel has a recent release (+_ 1 - 2 months). I use it on my iMac. I have to disable the WeaponSwitch feature due to incompatibilities..but it functions fine nonetheless. And some of the older add ons are being re-maintained..if that's a word. Cryolisis ()for Mages) as an example that has been resurrected.
iMac - Late 2015 iMac, 32GB RAM
MacBook - 2010 MacBook, 1TB SSD, 16GB RAM

Forum Links
Forum Rules