Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Display losing resolution options

Display losing resolution options
ajtpolo
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 28, 2000, 02:49 PM

I have a new Dual 450 G4 that until today was working just fine. I've had an extreme number of hung apps that I've had to force-quit and now my monitor is acting strangely. Even after I re-installed my Entire OS (I even zeroed the disk first) my monitor is stuck in 640x480 @ 67Hz mode. All of the other options in the monitors control panel are gone - and that control panel looks different than it used to. (no grays options). I am using a 17inch Studio Display CRT from Apple and it worked fine before. now, I don't have a clue what I should do. Please help! This is really annoying! As a side-note: I was playing Rainbow six just before this happened, but now R6 isn't even installed on this machine. Thanks.

-ajtpolo

*****Update*****

Called Apple, tried a bunch of things finally reset PRAM and it worked. Neither of us knew what caused the problem in the first place, but It worked nonetheless. Thanks for your help.

-ajtpolo

[This message has been edited by ajtpolo (edited 08-28-2000).]

ajtpolo  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 3, 2000, 02:25 PM

Okay Guys,

The problem I listed above has recurred adn zapping PRAM is not working. I'm calling Apple Support but they don't seem to have a clue. If it was just corrupted PRAM, then why (1) does zapping the PRAM not work, and (2) why is it becomming corrupted so often? any ideas, because this is quite disturbing. Thanks for your help.

-ajtpolo

Wetsponge
Sep 4, 2000, 10:40 AM

same thing happened to me on a newly installed system (B&W G3, system 9.04) and i was like "WTF?" as soon as i zapped the PRAM, everything was hokey dorey, who knows?

Forum Links
Forum Rules