Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Lock Adium Buddy List?

Lock Adium Buddy List?
fobside
Mac Elite
Feb 7, 2006, 01:58 AM

I like using Adium's borderless window, but I don't keep my buddy list in the corner, so I often find myself moving the buddy list accidentally when moving quickly and trying to click on a contact. I know when there is a regular window for the buddy list, it's only movable from the top bar. Is there a way to lock my dock's position so that I can't move it without command clicking or just not at all?

Thanks in advance for any help.

poocat
Mac Elite
Feb 7, 2006, 07:27 AM

If you look in "Preferences > Advanced" there's an option under "Contact List" that says "Order the contact list" and a drop-down menu.

If you select "Below other windows" it will make the contact list stick to your background. "Above other windows" will make it float (the opposite of what you're looking for, I believe).

Hope that's right. Not quite clear if that'll solve your problem, but it should.
"The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive."
-Robert A. Heinlein, Job

fobside  (op)
Mac Elite
Feb 7, 2006, 12:33 PM

No, that's not it. I want to prevent dragging of the buddy list, meaning I won't be able to move it. I can still drag it when it's below all other windows.

poocat
Mac Elite
Feb 8, 2006, 07:44 AM

Yeah. The more I think about that I'd like it too. Don't really think it's possible right now. It does stick to sides, but doesn't lock on them, if you know what I mean despite the poor vocabulary for it.

Sorry.
"The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive."
-Robert A. Heinlein, Job

Forum Links
Forum Rules