Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Mac News > Apple extends two-step ID verification to Canada, other countries

Apple extends two-step ID verification to Canada, other countries
NewsPoster
MacNN Staff
May 10, 2013, 10:54 AM

Apple is extending its two-step verification option for Apple IDs to a wider range of countries, users say. When the feature first launched in late March, it was restricted to the US, UK, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand. Now though people in Canada, Argentina, and Pakistan are reporting getting the feature, and other countries may be following suit.

Apple has yet to update its FAQ with the new countries. The company does say, though, that the two-step verification option will be automatically added to people's accounts, appearing in the Password and Security section of Manage My Apple ID. At the moment, verification still requires a device with Find My iPhone or SMS support.

que_ball
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 10, 2013, 11:51 AM

Just tried.

SMS messages from Apple do not make it to Telus in Canada. I guess it's not really ready yet.

que_ball
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 15, 2013, 01:16 PM

Apple has stopped the roll out in Canada, likely due to the SMS messages not being received issue. The ability to sign up for users who used to have the option but had not yet completed the enrolment for two step verification has been removed. Only users who used the find my iphone method of getting a code will have been successful.

Forum Links
Forum Rules