Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Apple shipping iPod shuffle 1-2 weeks... but I bought mine off the high street today.

Apple shipping iPod shuffle 1-2 weeks... but I bought mine off the high street today.
siflippant
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 5, 2006, 07:55 AM

Sorry to all those ppl waiting for their iPod shuffles to get to them... you know, the ones who ordered their new player via Apple direct...

I tried to order one through the Apple UK store here, yet shipping times quoted were 1-2 weeks! But hang on, I went into Comet this morning, on a Sunday... chillin', as you do... and wow, there they were... IN STOCK, 24 of them!

I realise Apple have to supply inventory to their retail partners and resellers but I was kinda surprised [pleasantly I might add] and now have a new iPod shuffle charging and fully loaded as I'm typing this. But I do feel for those loyal Apple customers who went through the 'proper channels' and yet are still waiting. I didn't pre-order or put my name down or even pay anything until I was at the checkout with my shuffle.

Apple rocks, but sometimes their shipping just sucks. I'm not complaining as I've benefited... just an observation.

Good luck to all those waiting on their orders... trust me, it's worth the wait...

( Last edited by siflippant; Nov 5, 2006 at 07:23 PM. Reason: I'm a slacker...)
The more people I meet, the more I love dogs...
Women aren't stupid........................ men are ;)

peterauch21
Nov 6, 2006, 12:25 PM

If you pre-ordered it you might have gotten it a few days ago. But if you order it now of course there is going to be atleast a 1week shipping delay as they are being released all over the world. I might go pick one up in a few days we'll see. I still want to see what people think of them after a little use.

siflippant  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 7, 2006, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by peterauch21 View Post
If you pre-ordered it you might have gotten it a few days ago. But if you order it now of course there is going to be atleast a 1week shipping delay as they are being released all over the world.
Mmmmmm... I only know a couple of people that pre-ordered WAY ahead of me through Apple... and yet I managed to get one well before them...

But hey, what do I know? [not a lot, right? LOL]

The more people I meet, the more I love dogs...
Women aren't stupid........................ men are ;)

hookem2oo7
Senior User
Nov 7, 2006, 09:55 AM

I placed my order on Sunday night (Nov 5th) and it shipped this morning (Nov 7) from China...

edit::: oh yeah, i had it engraved too

peterauch21
Nov 7, 2006, 10:45 AM

You were talking about having one shipped to you. Not about walking into a store after they were released and buying one there.

Forum Links
Forum Rules