Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > MacNN: Cars (pics inside)

MacNN: Cars (pics inside) (Page 4)
His Dudeness
Mac Elite
Jan 11, 2007, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by olePigeon View Post
I don't have any pictures, but here's mine (except it's the blue version.)

Dunno if this website allows hotlinks.

Hey, speakin of Toyota trucks, you know how much the 2007 Tundra is going to run? Now I would consider one of these things. That is a NICE looking truck.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jan 11, 2007, 08:48 AM

Tundras are the balls, but boy do they make ya pay for them!

centerchannel68
Baninated
Jan 11, 2007, 09:48 AM

iRez, get 18s on that thing. A neighbor of my moms has one, maroon, and he put 17s on it for a while, then I helped him put on some 18s. It looks MUCH MUCH better with 18s. 19s would look ghetto though.

His Dudeness
Mac Elite
Jan 11, 2007, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
Tundras are the balls, but boy do they make ya pay for them!
I know. All full size trucks are over priced. My favorite so far is the Ram 1500 Quad Cab Hemi. But the new Tundra is beautiful.

PB2K
Mac Elite
Jan 11, 2007, 11:09 AM

and the sound : YouTube - Alfa GT Junior
{Animated sigs are not allowed.}

centerchannel68
Baninated
Jan 11, 2007, 11:11 AM

PB2K: Your pic just gave me a huge boner.

His Dudeness
Mac Elite
Jan 11, 2007, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by centerchannel68 View Post
PB2K: Your pic just gave me a huge boner.
White squares with red 'x"s inside give me hardons, too.

centerchannel68
Baninated
Jan 11, 2007, 11:48 AM

It's a big shiny red Alfa to me. Salright. I think you have to be smart enough not to own an SUV to appreciate it anyway.

cybergoober
Mac Elite
Jan 11, 2007, 11:55 AM

It's a big shiny red Alfa to me. Salright. I think you have to be smart enough not to own an SUV to appreciate it anyway.
I can't for the life of me figure out why you have been banned so many times.

Too lazy to upload/find pics. Maybe when I get home.

I drive a 2002 Ford Ranger Tremor (got a great deal on it)
Wife drives a 2006 Hyundai Tiburon

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jan 11, 2007, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by His Dudeness View Post
I know. All full size trucks are over priced. My favorite so far is the Ram 1500 Quad Cab Hemi. But the new Tundra is beautiful.
I really don't understand the fascination with big trucks with giant inefficient gasoline engines.

Anybody in a trade that requires a powerful and capable truck usually opts for diesel.

Not saying 345 horses wouldn't be fun, but the 610 or so lb-ft of torque the monster Cummins makes gives the diesel bragging rights.

PB2K
Mac Elite
Jan 11, 2007, 02:01 PM

roadtrip thru France
{Animated sigs are not allowed.}

His Dudeness
Mac Elite
Jan 11, 2007, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
I really don't understand the fascination with big trucks with giant inefficient gasoline engines.

Anybody in a trade that requires a powerful and capable truck usually opts for diesel.

Not saying 345 horses wouldn't be fun, but the 610 or so lb-ft of torque the monster Cummins makes gives the diesel bragging rights.
That's true. I can't afforrd the 2500 Quad cab Cummins diesel, though. And the Hemi isn't exactly inefficient. It has the cylinder deactivation technology to shut off some cylinders at highway cruising speed to save gas.

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 11, 2007, 02:39 PM

( Last edited by shifuimam; Jan 18, 2007 at 10:52 PM. )
Sell or send me your vintage Mac things if you don't want them.

iREZ
Professional Poster
Jan 11, 2007, 03:01 PM

iRez, get 18s on that thing. A neighbor of my moms has one, maroon, and he put 17s on it for a while, then I helped him put on some 18s. It looks MUCH MUCH better with 18s. 19s would look ghetto though.
i agree one hundred percent...ive been only looking at 18's, thing is its such an odd size that tires for an 18 cost more than tires for a 19...weird im still gonna go with 18's but have to save up a lil more.

Originally Posted by cjrivera
Congrats on the new car.
thanks
NOW YOU SEE ME! 2.4 MBP and 2.0 MBP (running ubuntu)

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jan 11, 2007, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by His Dudeness View Post
That's true. I can't afforrd the 2500 Quad cab Cummins diesel, though. And the Hemi isn't exactly inefficient. It has the cylinder deactivation technology to shut off some cylinders at highway cruising speed to save gas.
That may be, but a 345 horse pickup wasn't made to travel on the highway for it's life. If you are pulling anything EVER a diesel is the only way to go since they usually get very similar mpg under loads. Once a big honking Hemi has to work hard it's gonna suck gas.

Although most of the Hemis I see look like they get less use than a luxury car. I guess I don't like show trucks.

xMetal
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 11, 2007, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by cjrivera View Post
Very nice, xMetal. What year is that?
And awesome photography work, too. Did you take those yourself?
It's a 2002. I'm a decent photographer, but I had a buddy of mine take those, as he's got a good eye for shooting cars.

cjrivera
Professional Poster
Jan 11, 2007, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by xMetal View Post
It's a 2002. I'm a decent photographer, but I had a buddy of mine take those, as he's got a good eye for shooting cars.
He does a great job. Is the clearbra on the car in those pictures, because if so, you can't even tell in the pictures.

I love the OEM 19"ers on the M3, although the CSL wheels are also really sharp.

"It's weird the way 'finger puppets' sounds ok as a noun..."

His Dudeness
Mac Elite
Jan 11, 2007, 03:48 PM

Stupid .mil addresses!

centerchannel68
Baninated
Jan 11, 2007, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by iREZ View Post
i agree one hundred percent...ive been only looking at 18's, thing is its such an odd size that tires for an 18 cost more than tires for a 19...weird im still gonna go with 18's but have to save up a lil more.

thanks
http://vulcantire.com/ Great prices. Great tires. Look into it.

cjrivera
Professional Poster
Jan 11, 2007, 03:51 PM

http://vulcantire.com/ Great prices. Great tires. Look into it.
How are their prices compared to tirerack.com?
I have always used them without any problems, but if vulcantire is cheaper...

centerchannel68
Baninated
Jan 11, 2007, 03:58 PM

Check and see. Duh. But they're obviously cheaper, which is why I posted them.

cjrivera
Professional Poster
Jan 11, 2007, 04:20 PM

I didn't know if you had used tirerack before to compare.... duh.

xMetal
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 11, 2007, 04:24 PM

He does a great job. Is the clearbra on the car in those pictures, because if so, you can't even tell in the pictures.
Yes, I have the clearbra. In the front shot, you can barely see the line on the hood. It disappears quite nicely on the silver paint.

jebjeb
Senior User
Jan 11, 2007, 05:52 PM

Just got rid of the C32.

Got a Renault Laguna Estate to tide me over until I get something like either of these in few months;

E55 AMG Estate

CLS

As much as like the CLS, I think I will stick with the estate/wagon.

centerchannel68
Baninated
Jan 11, 2007, 05:56 PM

Jebjeb..... you have made a poor decision. That was a cool car.

jebjeb
Senior User
Jan 11, 2007, 06:11 PM

I know, Rob. The C32 rocked. However, at the time it is what we needed to do to free up a bit of capital. That is behind us now so we can get back in to something nice. My wife and I feel like right snobs as we are always trying to convince ourselves that the Renault does the job but we never really can.

My wife really likes the C class still so maybe I will look at a C55 as they are very nice and a bit more refined over the C32.

Will see what happens. You can be sure that I will try and get something that replaces the C32 well. I do have a feeling though, that after the baby comes along (only 3 weeks or so now!), our priorities will change a bit so we may end up not going with an AMG again but something a little more sensible like an E320 CDI or something.

IceEnclosure
Moderator Emeritus
Jan 11, 2007, 06:17 PM

E55 AMG Wagon isit? badass ufckin' ride.
ice

jebjeb
Senior User
Jan 11, 2007, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by IceEnclosure View Post
E55 AMG Wagon isit? badass ufckin' ride.
Sure is. Would be nice. Fingers crossed. You never know, may even go for the new E63 AMG wagon!

I love super fast wagons. Hehehehe

cjrivera
Professional Poster
Jan 11, 2007, 06:31 PM

E55 or E63 AMG wagons. Now those are 2 kicka$$ rides. And stealthy too. Probably surprise a lot of people off of a green light.

centerchannel68
Baninated
Jan 11, 2007, 06:38 PM

Why not just another version of what you already had? It seemed pretty cool to me.

pooka
Mac Elite
Jan 11, 2007, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by xMetal View Post
Sure is a sexy ride. My cell phone doesn't take pics quite as nice as yours though...

New, Improved and Legal in 50 States

fast shadow
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 11, 2007, 07:56 PM

My recently departed.

Its successor.

I also have a 2002 Honda S2000, blk/blk. No pics handy.

cjrivera
Professional Poster
Jan 11, 2007, 10:16 PM

Well heck, here's mine then....

macintologist
Professional Poster
Jan 11, 2007, 10:43 PM

I think Xmetal's BMW M3 wins the award for best MacNN car. *drools over the bmw*

xMetal
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 11, 2007, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by macintologist View Post
I think Xmetal's BMW M3 wins the award for best MacNN car. *drools over the bmw*
Why thank you! Though it's really the photography that makes the difference. You know, I realized that I never put an Apple sticker on that car. I'll have to rectify that...

centerchannel68
Baninated
Jan 11, 2007, 11:57 PM

Shadow... I know the evo is a good performing car...but how the hell does one adjust themselves from a BMW interior to a plasticy shitbox mitsubishi interior?

fast shadow
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 12, 2007, 12:16 AM

Shadow... I know the evo is a good performing car...but how the hell does one adjust themselves from a BMW interior to a plasticy shitbox mitsubishi interior?
The Evo's interior is a big step down, though it does have better seats than the M3. I'm not done w/ BMW yet, I just was let down by mine. I bought it with super high expectations and it had problems and even when it didn't it came up short on things I didn't expect it to. On the other hand I bought the Evo with low expectations and it's far exceeded them. It's like a modern take on the original E30 M3. And with a relatively small investment it's now pretty quick.

cjrivera
Professional Poster
Jan 12, 2007, 12:48 AM

My vote is for the_glassman's RX-7 as a close 2nd.

centerchannel68
Baninated
Jan 12, 2007, 01:24 AM

My vote is for the_glassman's RX-7 as a close 2nd.
I'd vote for the RX7 or your corrado over the BMWs anyday of the week. I mean... just count them in this thread alone. Cool car and all, but I see it everywhere. It's not very unique. I think a clean 'rado or rx7 is much cooler.

jebjeb
Senior User
Jan 12, 2007, 03:22 AM

E55 or E63 AMG wagons. Now those are 2 kicka$$ rides. And stealthy too. Probably surprise a lot of people off of a green light.
I will tell you what, in the C32 AMG I surprised a number of M3 owners off the lights! I'd admit that the C32 is not quite the drivers car that the M3 is but it is certainly quicker in a straight line and the practicality wins it for me.

A C55 is mighty tempting instead of moving up to the fair bit bigger E.

Can't wait to see the new M3 wagon. 'Bout time they released the M3 again as a saloon and for the first time as a wagon/estate.

macintologist
Professional Poster
Jan 12, 2007, 04:31 AM

I'd vote for the RX7 or your corrado over the BMWs anyday of the week. I mean... just count them in this thread alone. Cool car and all, but I see it everywhere. It's not very unique. I think a clean 'rado or rx7 is much cooler.
It's a ****ing bmw, what are you talking about??

pooka
Mac Elite
Jan 12, 2007, 04:08 PM

It's a ****ing bmw, what are you talking about??
Yeah, I don't worry too much about the badge or how many I see. Out of everything I've driven, it just makes me smile the most. Maybe it's just the way I connect with it. Straight line doesn't mean much. Just feels right hugging the curves.

New, Improved and Legal in 50 States

macroy
Mac Elite
Jan 12, 2007, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by jebjeb View Post
I will tell you what, in the C32 AMG I surprised a number of M3 owners off the lights! I'd admit that the C32 is not quite the drivers car that the M3 is but it is certainly quicker in a straight line and the practicality wins it for me.

A C55 is mighty tempting instead of moving up to the fair bit bigger E.

Can't wait to see the new M3 wagon. 'Bout time they released the M3 again as a saloon and for the first time as a wagon/estate.
There's actually a lot of (cheaper) cars faster than the M off the line (including STi, Evo, Cobra etc..). And some of those will probably run better too. But its the entire package that makes the M what it is.

My only grip with AMGs is that a manual is not offered. If that was a choice, I'd be driving a E55 rather than a M3 (well... I didn't quite like the dash of the E either.. but that wasn't a deal breaker). I still don't understand why that is the case (if it still is)... But I guess from a demand stand point - it really doesn't matter. If I went the E55 route, it would've been a 9 months wait (waited 3 for the M).

Mediaman_12
Professional Poster
Jan 12, 2007, 05:30 PM

I always thought the RSX looked tall, short, and fat compared to the integra. But maybe that's just because I feel pretty much any post 2000 car got fatter, shorter, and taller. I liked the lighter, lower cars of the 90s. I do really like whatever wheels you upgraded to in the last few shots. Much cooler.
Thought that USA RSX=Intergra R in Japan?
You've go the older one similar to my brother, he has the classic pearl white, with red hi-lights.
Don't rate the newer one without the cut outs for the lamps in the bumper.

Fantastic though, he loves his.

the_glassman: Always thought of getting an RX-7 A really good looking car, very 'Asian' looking. All the ones that come up in the UK are always almost the same milage, being sold off just before the Rotary tips need redoing, and I don't fancy a big bill after a month or two.

I currently have a Peugeot 206GTI 2.0, but the weather has nasty, so Here is a similar one from the web

jebjeb
Senior User
Jan 12, 2007, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by macroy View Post
There's actually a lot of (cheaper) cars faster than the M off the line (including STi, Evo, Cobra etc..). And some of those will probably run better too. But its the entire package that makes the M what it is.

My only grip with AMGs is that a manual is not offered. If that was a choice, I'd be driving a E55 rather than a M3 (well... I didn't quite like the dash of the E either.. but that wasn't a deal breaker). I still don't understand why that is the case (if it still is)... But I guess from a demand stand point - it really doesn't matter. If I went the E55 route, it would've been a 9 months wait (waited 3 for the M).

You are dead right. I meant it more that most people don't expect a station wagon to be quicker off the mark than their M3 or even many WRX's or Evo's. It always gives people a bit of a suprise. Particularly as the C32 is a lot more understated than an M3.

I am very much a manual man myself but have found the autos to be very good in the AMG's and suit the way we are using the car more. My wife probably drives our car more than me and much of our driving is London (city) driving so the autos are pretty handy for this.

I would like to see them offer a manual but I can see how they are trying to market themselves compared to BMW M sport.

What didn't you like about the dash? There was the face lift last year which may have improved it for you.

Drakino
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 12, 2007, 05:44 PM

After my move out of Colorado to Austin, TX, I decided I could afford one of these:

Really helps to not need a winter snow car. My recent trip back home for the holidays proved that while it is fun in the snow, it's not that great at getting around.

<This space under renovation>

IceEnclosure
Moderator Emeritus
Jan 12, 2007, 06:40 PM

As much as I love them, I find rear drive(particularly solid axle) V8 cars need to be piloted with a supreme steady hand and foot. Rain and snow are no friends of the breed.

Nice rides everyone(most everyone I guess).

I've got a crappy '99 Saturn SL1 with 120,000 miles that I picked up for $1000. 25+MPG, Automatic, A/C, CD. Maybe I'll take a picture of it. Of course if I post it, I will have to offset it's gayness by posting all my friend's cars.
ice

macroy
Mac Elite
Jan 12, 2007, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by jebjeb View Post
What didn't you like about the dash? There was the face lift last year which may have improved it for you.
I think it was just too "busy" - Which is a plus in many peoples eyes. I really didn't like the integrated phone... it just looked funny to me with a phone pad right on the dash (or maybe the middle console). All this is from memory of course.. this was back in '03. But I guess I was even lucky to see one. The day we were there they were prepping that car for the new owner.

But like I said, that would not have been the deal breaker. That car was just TOO awsome to let the dash details get in the way. And I think the cup holder (which I never use since I do not allow Food / drink to be consumed in my car... yes.. OCD), more than makes up for it .

And if they have made improvements to it, that may be cause to check it out again (or whatever the new AMG lineup would be currently) since the wife is due for a new car. But I am also starting to take a liking to the wagons (i.e S4 Avant).

But again, that Manual/no manual thing is a real big hurdle to get over. Perhaps we'll have to wait and see what BMW's new X6 looks like......

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jan 12, 2007, 06:58 PM

Maybe I'll take a picture of it. Of course if I post it, I will have to offset it's gayness by posting all my friend's cars.

-t

Gossamer
Professional Poster
Jan 12, 2007, 08:55 PM

As much as I love them, I find rear drive(particularly solid axle) V8 cars need to be piloted with a supreme steady hand and foot. Rain and snow are no friends of the breed.

Nice rides everyone(most everyone I guess).

I've got a crappy '99 Saturn SL1 with 120,000 miles that I picked up for $1000. 25+MPG, Automatic, A/C, CD. Maybe I'll take a picture of it. Of course if I post it, I will have to offset it's gayness by posting all my friend's cars.
You used to have a pretty fast Mustang, no? You could toss up some pics of that instead.

Forum Links
Forum Rules