Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > iBook keyboard protector

iBook keyboard protector
realeyz
Aug 22, 2000, 02:49 PM

Anyone know of a product you can buy that covers the keyboard with a clear plastic shell to protect against greasy fingers or other debris getting into keyboard but still allow easy use of the keyboard? I know there are products like this for regular keyboards.

Anyone seen anyting like this?

Thanx

------------------
RealEyz Imaging
Animation | 3D Modeling | Visual Effects | Web Design | Compositing
realeyz imaging
animation | 3D modeling | visual effects | web design | illustration

amar
Aug 24, 2000, 12:33 AM

I wish I could find something like that , I would buy one in less than a second , with a keyboard replacement from apple costing $275 .I am sure not going to stop drinking coffee or beer around my ibook

Chris_G
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 24, 2000, 02:38 AM

Realeyz:

What I believe Wlonh is refering to is the fact that the clearance between the keyboard and the screen when the iBook is closed is very thin... in the Pismo PB series a problem arose that when closed the keyboard actually touched the screen, causing marks to be left. Any such product as you mention would in effect close the gap between the keyboard and the screen, perhaps causing a similar situation. Hope this helps.

Cheers!
Chris

Forum Links
Forum Rules