Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > New Study on Weightloss

New Study on Weightloss (Page 2)
Roscoe
Baninated
Aug 5, 2008, 12:11 AM

Expend more calories than you consume. The end.

Roscoe
Baninated
Aug 5, 2008, 12:14 AM

Resident Evil: Find an activity you enjoy, and work really hard at it. Eat salad, with no meat, and no cheese, and minimal dressing. Load up on veggies with a bit of pepper, and maybe a couple croutons.

If you don't have much time, GO RUNNING. It sucks, but it burns calories faster than anything else. I gained a little 'pudge' around my midsection last semester from eating garbage. To get rid of it, I run about 1 mile every other day, and the other day I jog to the gym, lift weights for 15-20 minutes, then jog back. Sandwiching a weight program between a bit of jogging is supposed to burn insane amounts of calories, and so far it's working.

residentEvil
Professional Poster
Aug 5, 2008, 07:36 AM

running is still out of the question right now; hurts my knees pretty bad and makes the next day miserable. need to get the first 25lbs or more off before i can do that.

i'm now walking 2 miles before work; around 5:30am. then another 2 miles again just before the sun goes down around 8pm. also doing 20 push-ups in the morning and night. doing just one 4 mile walk was too much. i started slowing down and not really keeping my heart rate up. with doing 2x 2 mile walks...i can keep my heart rate up pretty good. feel much better too.

as for my diet, i've made some pretty big changes. instead of hitting the bar 4 or 5 times a week, i go once. instead of 5 or 6 beers each time, i have one. i say hi to my friends, drink a bunch of water too and go home. have had one fast food trip in 2 weeks. i still have a pop or 2 for a week, but not 2 or 3 a day. i'm drinking 3 qts of water during the work hours...and another 2 or 3 at home.

and so it goes. baby steps.

Phileas
Mac Elite
Nov 10, 2009, 09:19 AM

Eat spam, like Jim suggests

Gankdawg
Professional Poster
Nov 10, 2009, 09:31 AM

Old thread but a good one.

One of the biggest weight loss ideas that works (in addition to eating less and moving more) is to drink lots of water. Eight, 8 ounce glass a day is not enough. I went with a new theory that says drink half your body weight in pounds in ounces. For me, that was a minimum of 120 ounces. Somedays I went as high as 160 ounces. Drinking water keeps your metabolism spun up, lubricates joints, aids in digestion, etc. The list goes on an on.

Forum Links
Forum Rules