Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Elaborate,High-tech underground pot-growingin TN (pics)

Elaborate,High-tech underground pot-growingin TN (pics) (Page 2)
Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Feb 26, 2006, 12:42 PM

arg.

Stop talking about marijuana.

You're gonna cause me to relapse.

IceEnclosure
Moderator Emeritus
Feb 26, 2006, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by PacHead
You can usually judge finished weed by the smell of the buds (and obviously from smoking it). There's different kinds of highs from different kinds of weed. Imagine a wine store with hundreds of different kinds of varieties, flavors and tastes. That's how weed is also, in my opinion. Some weed gives you a head high, others give you a body high, some makes you alert, some makes you sleepy, some makes you get the munchies.
Odor is not always connected to the potency, but usually, a bag that smells really strong is a good indicator that you're not getting some cheap Mexican schwag for example. I can't stand schwag.

ice

Kevin
Baninated
Feb 26, 2006, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by macaddict0001
Nice setup, a methane fueled generator would probably be a good choice no smell no smoke, same with propane. Up here in canada though we grow it outside, especially in the vancouver/langly(possibly spelled wrong) area.
Yes but you can't do it year round nor at the same cycle he was.

macaddict0001
Mac Elite
Feb 26, 2006, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin
Yes but you can't do it year round nor at the same cycle he was.
True but outdoors you can do way more because you can get way more land.

Kevin
Baninated
Feb 26, 2006, 02:52 PM

Were bambi can eat it.

subego
Clinically Insane
Feb 26, 2006, 03:17 PM

Some weed gives you a head high, others give you a body high, some makes you alert, some makes you sleepy, some makes you get the munchies.
Some is like a million tiny orgasms all going off at once...

What do you mean that's heroin and not pot?

scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 26, 2006, 06:38 PM

Were bambi can eat it.
do deer like to eat marijuana crops?

MM-o4
Senior User
Feb 26, 2006, 06:50 PM

wow. that is coolness. Don't approve of the pot growing, but done with style.

MM

JoshKurtz
Forum Regular
Feb 26, 2006, 06:53 PM

That beats anything I ever did in my younger years.
iMac 17" 2GHz Core2Duo | 1GB RAM | 160GB hdd | Superdrive | Tiger and XP Pro

JoshuaZ
Professional Poster
Feb 26, 2006, 09:30 PM

You`d think the constant pizza dilivery would have given them away.

Clearly, legalizing pot would be one of the smartest moves the USA could make.

ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 26, 2006, 10:02 PM

You can usually judge finished weed by the smell of the buds (and obviously from smoking it). There's different kinds of highs from different kinds of weed. Imagine a wine store with hundreds of different kinds of varieties, flavors and tastes. That's how weed is also, in my opinion. Some weed gives you a head high, others give you a body high, some makes you alert, some makes you sleepy, some makes you get the munchies.
Odor is not always connected to the potency, but usually, a bag that smells really strong is a good indicator that you're not getting some cheap Mexican schwag for example. I can't stand schwag.
I smoke weed only very rarely, but I'd have to be sceptical of this statement, from a scientific point of view. I'd think the different effects are more from a psychological perspective, rather than the "different kinds" of weed. Delta-9 THC of course delivers the main pharmalogical effect, and so different plants have different levels of it. I don't know how having a different strain of plant would change the mechanism of action of the molecule (it binds to CB1 and CB2 receptors...and I think inhibits the formation of cyclic AMP, leading to inhibition of transmitter release in acetylcholine, dopamine, serotonin and opoid pathways from what I remember). So while different plants might change the flavour or "taste" of the weed, I can't think why they'd change the type of high you get.

Your point about the wine is an example of this: yeah, there's many varieties and flavours and tastes, but that's a product of the wine, not the specific alcohol molecule which gives the effect. With all wines, you still get a similar "drunk effect." Whether you're drinking beer, rum or wine, the effect itself should be the same (different gastrointestinal effects notwithstanding).

Anyways, I don't know much about this aspect of weed. Anyone have any info to fill me in?

greg
Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid.

IceEnclosure
Moderator Emeritus
Feb 27, 2006, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by ShortcutToMoncton
I smoke weed only very rarely, but I'd have to be sceptical of this statement, from a scientific point of view. I'd think the different effects are more from a psychological perspective, rather than the "different kinds" of weed. Delta-9 THC of course delivers the main pharmalogical effect, and so different plants have different levels of it. I don't know how having a different strain of plant would change the mechanism of action of the molecule (it binds to CB1 and CB2 receptors...and I think inhibits the formation of cyclic AMP, leading to inhibition of transmitter release in acetylcholine, dopamine, serotonin and opoid pathways from what I remember). So while different plants might change the flavour or "taste" of the weed, I can't think why they'd change the type of high you get.

Your point about the wine is an example of this: yeah, there's many varieties and flavours and tastes, but that's a product of the wine, not the specific alcohol molecule which gives the effect. With all wines, you still get a similar "drunk effect." Whether you're drinking beer, rum or wine, the effect itself should be the same (different gastrointestinal effects notwithstanding).
I'll go for on this one too.

Perhaps the THC levels in chronic provide a sort of overdose? I don't know either way, but I'm so freakin' high right now it's ridiculous.
ice

Kevin
Baninated
Feb 27, 2006, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by scaught
do deer like to eat marijuana crops?
Yes

scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 27, 2006, 12:44 AM

haha. thats incredible. i would imagine it affects them pretty good, eh?

aberdeenwriter
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 27, 2006, 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by JoshuaZ
You`d think the constant pizza dilivery would have given them away.

Clearly, legalizing pot would be one of the smartest moves the USA could make.
I think I'd have to agree.

However, the idea of some of you having no legal prohibitions to force you to stay straight at least SOME TIMES would be truly scary.

Remember, a mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Make it legal but increase the penalties for being high while driving or doing work which affects the lives of others.
Consider these posts as my way of introducing you to yourself.

Proud "SMACKDOWN!!" and "Golden Troll" Award Winner.

ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 27, 2006, 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by IceEnclosure
Perhaps the THC levels in chronic provide a sort of overdose?
Yeah, guess I should've stated that clearer. I think different types of high would be more a product of the level of THC in the plant, combined with one's psychological state at the time, rather than some unknown quality concerning the type of plant.

greg

iLikebeer
Mac Elite
Feb 27, 2006, 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by aberdeenwriter

However, the idea of some of you having no legal prohibitions to force you to stay straight at least SOME TIMES would be truly scary.

Make it legal but increase the penalties for being high while driving or doing work which affects the lives of others.
If someone ever designs a roadside weed test with high accuracy, you might just see pot legalized one day. I always hated driving around with people that got too baked but would say they were fine to drive. It's too easy to hide.

I've always dreamed of having a house like that. Put all kinds of arcade games, go cart track, and every other Richie Rich kind of thing you can think of in there. And a firepole. Gotta have a firepole!

aberdeenwriter
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 27, 2006, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by iLikebeer
If someone ever designs a roadside weed test with high accuracy, you might just see pot legalized one day. I always hated driving around with people that got too baked but would say they were fine to drive. It's too easy to hide.

I've always dreamed of having a house like that. Put all kinds of arcade games, go cart track, and every other Richie Rich kind of thing you can think of in there. And a firepole. Gotta have a firepole!
Yup!
( Last edited by aberdeenwriter; Feb 28, 2006 at 05:58 AM. )

aberdeenwriter
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 28, 2006, 06:00 AM

Other than having the room spin on ya or getting a huge case of the munchies or falling asleep, is it possible to OD from pot???

macaddict0001
Mac Elite
Feb 28, 2006, 07:09 AM

Yeah its even pretty easy to get around the piss-test.

Kevin
Baninated
Feb 28, 2006, 08:02 AM

Other than having the room spin on ya or getting a huge case of the munchies or falling asleep, is it possible to OD from pot???
Not that I know of. I've never heard of any cases of such a thing happening.

Unless you see falling asleep as O/Ding.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Feb 28, 2006, 08:27 AM

I agree

I leave my smokin' for home (never smoked before work....can't say the same for a car, but not anymore anyways).

Sourbook
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 3, 2006, 06:45 PM

Damn-it. Now where do I get my weed?

macaddict0001
Mac Elite
Mar 3, 2006, 07:52 PM

Not that I know of. I've never heard of any cases of such a thing happening.

Unless you see falling asleep as O/Ding.
Its possible to overdose, but its really rare, then again its possible to overdose on nicotine.

aberdeenwriter
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 4, 2006, 06:08 AM

sek929
Posting Junkie
Mar 4, 2006, 04:07 PM

The amount of pot you would need to smoke in order to OD is enormous. Above 1lb I'm sure. So even if you tried to, I think after about the third ounce in a couple hours you'd either

A. Pass out
B. Vomit
C. Forget that you were trying to OD in the first place

aberdeenwriter
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 6, 2006, 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by sek929
The amount of pot you would need to smoke in order to OD is enormous. Above 1lb I'm sure. So even if you tried to, I think after about the third ounce in a couple hours you'd either

A. Pass out
B. Vomit
C. Forget that you were trying to OD in the first place
Pot in the 1970's was nowhere NEAR as potent as it is now. The last time I smoked was about three years ago and ONE hit and I was done. Not that I felt it right away, it's just that when you are trying stuff for the first time experience tells me to sample a small amount first, then wait til you KNOW how it is.

I'm glad I waited because that one toke was quite enough for me. Any more and it would have been unpleasant I think.

Kevin
Baninated
Mar 6, 2006, 08:03 AM

aberdeen, you've been watching too much Refer madness.

PB2K
Mac Elite
Mar 6, 2006, 12:25 PM

hm. it;s pretty advanced. i am from the netherlands,

personally i hate these growhouses. they belong to big ass criminals because of the money involved.

personally i support any development in the law that enables people to legally own a maximum of 7 plants for private use. so people don't end up with those horrible dealers or in the famous dutch coffeeshops, which are a stupid concept anyhow. (the exploiter makes millions)
{Animated sigs are not allowed.}

sek929
Posting Junkie
Mar 6, 2006, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by PB2K
hm. it;s pretty advanced. i am from the netherlands,

personally i hate these growhouses. they belong to big ass criminals because of the money involved.

personally i support any development in the law that enables people to legally own a maximum of 7 plants for private use. so people don't end up with those horrible dealers or in the famous dutch coffeeshops, which are a stupid concept anyhow. (the exploiter makes millions)
I agree with you completely.

Put the drug in the hands of the users and watch the criminal aspect evaporate. (I understand this can't be done for all drugs of course)

ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 6, 2006, 05:42 PM

If that reasoning were true, I imagine we would be seeing more people making home-made cigarettes and/or alcohol.

Having a legal marijuana market would result in commercialization much like the beer or cigarette markets. They provide a service, and people take advantage of that.

greg

ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 6, 2006, 05:44 PM

If that reasoning were true, I imagine we would be seeing more people making home-made cigarettes and/or alcohol.

Having a legal marijuana market would result in commercialization much like the beer or cigarette markets. They provide a service, and people take advantage of that.

greg

sek929
Posting Junkie
Mar 6, 2006, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by ShortcutToMoncton

greg
Cigs and alchohol take waaaaay more effort to create than pot.

Pot plants are extremely versatile and grow in all kinds of soil, with only minor care one can yeild very potent pot. Tobacco plants require massive amounts of nutrients and only grow in very specific climates, also they leave the soil barren and in need of fertilization again before the next grow cycle....pot does not.

macaddict0001
Mac Elite
Mar 6, 2006, 06:52 PM

Pot in the 1970's was nowhere NEAR as potent as it is now. The last time I smoked was about three years ago and ONE hit and I was done. Not that I felt it right away, it's just that when you are trying stuff for the first time experience tells me to sample a small amount first, then wait til you KNOW how it is.

I'm glad I waited because that one toke was quite enough for me. Any more and it would have been unpleasant I think.
Was it a cocopuff? Because that stuff will get you wasted.

aberdeenwriter
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 6, 2006, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by macaddict0001
Was it a cocopuff? Because that stuff will get you wasted.
I think it tasted more like this:

aberdeenwriter
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 6, 2006, 07:10 PM

aberdeen, you've been watching too much Refer madness.
LOVE that flick! Used to like watching it while stoned. But I never knew when it was going to be on so the times when I could smoke and the times when it was on TV weren't that often. But it's a great film.

Forum Links
Forum Rules