Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Official Mac Notebook Picture Thread

Official Mac Notebook Picture Thread (Page 75)
imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Dec 24, 2007, 02:31 PM

That's a really nice pic trancepriest! I like the blur on the iPhone.

gangaspeed
Forum Regular
Dec 27, 2007, 02:09 PM

What I have here:

Powerbook 15"
Ipod 30gb, Nano 2gb
Steven Colbert Book
ILive Docking Station with speakers
Maxtor One Touch III 320gb
5 Port Router for Xbox Live
Black and Decker Multi Tool- Christmas Present haha
Police Scanner with all the locals tuned in..

( Last edited by gangaspeed; Dec 27, 2007 at 06:09 PM. )

trancepriest
Forum Regular
Dec 27, 2007, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by imitchellg5 View Post
That's a really nice pic trancepriest! I like the blur on the iPhone.
Thanks. Took it with my new Zeiss ZF 50mm f/1.4 lens.... my best lens so far.

Berzerker
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 27, 2007, 10:28 PM

So happy, got my Logitech 5.1 setup today. Sounds great with the Optical out on my MBP!

Things in this pic: Macbook Pro 15" 2.2GHz, Front portion of the Logitech z-5500 5.1 system I got today, iPod Touch, remotes , wireless mightymouse, iKlear cleaning kit, iPod Touch belt holster, PS3 Controller, Vizio 37" LCD HDTV (edit: ack! It's not in this one! it's in the next one. )

Things in this one: Pic 1 stuff + the rest of the 5.1 setup, and the rest of my room. My room is quite messy, but my desk is clean!

jaydon34
Senior User
Dec 27, 2007, 11:21 PM

Updated setup now with ergotron lcd arm

( Last edited by jaydon34; Dec 30, 2007 at 04:41 AM. Reason: Got a new desk today.)
myflickr : mytwitter : twentyonethirty
17" Macbook Pro 2.6Ghz 4gb 200GB HD: 8gb Iphone 3g: Hp Mini 1000 Netbook

jakbrud
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 2, 2008, 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by jaydon34 View Post

very clean setup, I like it.

qkslvr
Jan 2, 2008, 02:56 AM

Which Westinghouse model is that? Are you running the X360 through the component input or S-Video?
( Last edited by qkslvr; Jan 2, 2008 at 02:57 AM. Reason: Don't need the same full post three times in a row...)

Subaru_Nation555
Jan 2, 2008, 01:22 PM

Here is my new MacBook Pro:

2.2GHz MacBook Pro

slpdLoad
Mac Elite
Jan 2, 2008, 06:31 PM

Just added a 22" Westinghouse monitor. Best purchase I could have made. It's a huge difference coming from a 15" Powerbook!

jaydon34
Senior User
Jan 2, 2008, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by qkslvr View Post
Which Westinghouse model is that? Are you running the X360 through the component input or S-Video?
I have the vga cable for the xbox. The monitor doesn't have component only dvi and vga.

Andhee
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 3, 2008, 03:18 PM

Heres my set up, in light and in dark, me loves.

In the pics: Macbook 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2GB RAM 160GB HDD, Dell 2007WFP Monitor, Wireless keyboard, Wireless Mighty mouse, Midi Controller (midi keyboard), 500GB Western Digital My book pro external harddrive, PS2, Phillips speakers, iPod 5G 80GB, Sony Ericsson K850i, Apple remote, Sexy blue lamp <3

I've been waiting to post in this forum for ages, thought its about time I should!
( Last edited by Andhee; Jan 3, 2008 at 03:29 PM. )

Jasoco
Mac Elite
Jan 6, 2008, 04:08 AM

Technically I guess I could put this in a MacBook and a Mac mini setup thread.

This is just a teaser for Lair 6.0. This used to be my brother's desk. He now has my crappy small one and I am getting great use out of this huge thing that rocks. If only it still had its keyboard tray. (Dave broke it. Da bastard.)

Right now the MacBook is connected and sharing the screen with the mini. I have the Media drive connected to the mini and the movies in iTunes so I can open my iTunes and stream my movies if I want. Or I can connect to the mini directly and mount its HD and open them in QuickTime if I want. Eventually the mini will move to the TV when I can get it wireless.

View the larger image on Flickr to see everything in the shot.

danbrew
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 6, 2008, 05:57 PM

Got a Macbook a few weeks ago - am really enjoying it. Put 4 gigs of ram in it and a 250 gig hard drive - half of it is running 10.5.1 and the other half is running Vista Ultimate via Bootcamp. Am very pleased with the performance. This machine replaced a Sony SGZ-370 - a great machine as well, but I wanted more ram and N wireless. Am running N on the Macbook with an Airport Extreme but am running into some whacky interference - I suspect it might be due to a 5ghz wireless phone and have been too lazy to try to isolate things. When running well I get 273 megs wireless in the house between my local machines. When not running so well I get between 13 & 53 megs. Running Photoshop & Lightroom on both platforms, Office & Outlook on Windows (awaiting MacOffice 2008 - should have in a week or two), and video & DVD mastering on the Mac side. All in all, a nice little machine that does a great job of serving pro needs for photography in terms of workflow and speed/performance & geeky amateur needs for video & DVD stuff.

( Last edited by danbrew; Jan 8, 2008 at 12:19 AM. )

Gamoe
Mac Elite
Jan 7, 2008, 05:05 AM

I got a MacBook in November to replace my eMac, but just now got all my data transferred and the system set up the way I like it. To me, moving from Mac to Mac is like moving from one house to another, and I've finally just started to settle into my new home!

Most of my workstation (I need to get the proper lens to photograph it all!)

The central attraction.

A total of six cables make this notebook Mac a desktop Mac.

The rightmost drive is my video project drive, where I store large movie files I'm editing. The leftmost drive is everything else, including a backup for the MacBook's drive and the video project drive.

The eMac has been relegated to the left corner. She has her own mouse and keyboard, though, and is still connected to the big display, which one can just tilt to work with. I'm not sure what I'll do with her now, though. I may decide to open her up, remove the broken CRT and get a new case for her.

My Linux box, as always, sits on the left corner, happily churning away Folding@home work units under Ubuntu. I don't know what happened to its blue light. It might have burned out, or I may have inadvertently disconnected a cable while working inside.

ankurcd
Jan 7, 2008, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by danbrew View Post
Got a Macbook a few weeks ago - am really enjoying it. Put 4 gigs of ram in it and a 250 gig hard drive - half of it is running 10.5.1 and the other half is running Vista Ultimate via Bootcamp. Am very pleased with the performance. This machine replaced a Sony SGZ-370 - a great machine as well, but I wanted more ram and N wireless. Am running N on the Macbook with an Airport Extreme but am running into some whacky interference - I suspect it might be due to a 5ghz wireless phone and have been too lazy to try to isolate things. When running well I get 273 megs wireless in the house between my local machines. When not running so well I get between 13 & 53 megs. Running Photoshop & Lightroom on both platforms, Office & Outlook on Windows (awaiting MacOffice 2008 - should have in a week or two), and video & DVD mastering on the Mac side. All in all, a nice little machine that does a great job of serving pro needs for photography in terms of workflow and speed/performance & geeky amateur needs for video & DVD stuff.

Hi Danbrew,

I intend to buy a Macbook and upgrade the RAM and HDD on my own too. Just wanted to know how easy it is to upgrade the HDD and run Bootcamp?

And it would be great if you can tell me which particular RAM and HDD did you install??

Nice job with your machine... I liked what you did...

Awaiting your reply...
Regards, Ankur
-----------------------------------
switching from windows (via a Macbook) right after Steve's keynote on MWSF Jan 15 '08...!!!

danbrew
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 7, 2008, 10:02 AM

I bought both the ram and the hd (wd 250) from macsales.com - $95 for the memory (Apple MacBook Memory DDR2 667MHz up to 4.0GB and up to 250GB Internal Hard Drive upgrades too at OtherWorldComputing.com) and $142 for the hard drive (250GB 2.5" Western DIgital Scorpio 5400RPM... (WD2500BEVS) at OWC). It took less than 15 minutes to install both the memory and the hard drive. I purchased the family pack of OS X and could not get the family pack version of 10.5 to install on the newly formatted drive. So I took the leopard DVD that came with the machine (it has tiger installed, but came with leopard) and stuck that in the machine and it worked like a charm. The bootcamp install went very well. I just ran the bootcamp assistant (utilities directory) and split the hd into two partitions and stuck in a vista ultimate disc and that's all there was to it.

ankurcd
Jan 7, 2008, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by danbrew View Post
I bought both the ram and the hd (wd 250) from macsales.com - $95 for the memory (Apple MacBook Memory DDR2 667MHz up to 4.0GB and up to 250GB Internal Hard Drive upgrades too at OtherWorldComputing.com) and $142 for the hard drive (250GB 2.5" Western DIgital Scorpio 5400RPM... (WD2500BEVS) at OWC). It took less than 15 minutes to install both the memory and the hard drive. I purchased the family pack of OS X and could not get the family pack version of 10.5 to install on the newly formatted drive. So I took the leopard DVD that came with the machine (it has tiger installed, but came with leopard) and stuck that in the machine and it worked like a charm. The bootcamp install went very well. I just ran the bootcamp assistant (utilities directory) and split the hd into two partitions and stuck in a vista ultimate disc and that's all there was to it.

Cool..... me planning to buy the base level Macbook White and upgrade the RAM and HDD (as I am in Switzerland planning to buy this Steg Online Shop - is this the one you bought?

Also, I plan to plug in an external DVD-Writer when I want to write DVDs... plus with Bootcamp I can keep running windows too (for office work)... after this... will we ever need another laptop? I don't think so !
( Last edited by ankurcd; Jan 7, 2008 at 10:30 AM. Reason: additional info added)
Regards, Ankur
-----------------------------------
switching from windows (via a Macbook) right after Steve's keynote on MWSF Jan 15 '08...!!!

G4Man
Jan 8, 2008, 06:13 PM

what wallpaper is that?

Originally Posted by danofthedead View Post
Well after trolling these forums for a long ass time I figured might as well sign up and throw in my own pics. Unfortunately since I just recently moved in with the girlfriend and her apartment is only so big. There is no place for me to set up a desk. As it is I just have the MBP and blackbook hanging out on the ottoman. Every now and then ill hook one of them up to the 42 Sharp. Oh and thats the gf's blackbook hanging out on the back of the couch charging.

packet of krisps
Jan 8, 2008, 09:50 PM

[15" MacBook Pro 2.6 Ghz] [G4 733] [G4 MDD DP 1.25]

Dark Goob
Forum Regular
Jan 8, 2008, 10:30 PM

I got the big crt monitor for $15 on craigslist.

Total system: MacBook Pro 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, 200GB 7200 internal
2TB of external storage, external DVD burner
NTSC monitor for Final Cut Pro
Apple LaserWriter 16/600PS! Works over airport!

klb5090
Mac Elite
Jan 8, 2008, 11:41 PM

Subaru_Nation555

mouse pad and desktop picture... where can i get these?

thetman
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 9, 2008, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by Dark Goob View Post

2TB of external storage,
would I be right to guess the left external hard drive is using a Compusa hard drive enclosure?

harbinger75
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 10, 2008, 12:26 AM

Wow, very nice setups everybody. It's been a while since I've been on MacNN (yes, I've been on the dark side for a few years now), so when I get my MBP with the old tax return, I'll post my setup.
the geek source
Twitter: @thegeeksource

harbinger75
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 10, 2008, 12:49 AM

...not exactly a MacBook, but this was the last "iBook", and I owned it until about 2003 or 2004 (can't remember).

Until my tax return gets here for '08 and I get a MBP, this is my only memory for the time being...

the geek source

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 12, 2008, 05:36 AM

heh heh. nice mod there harbinger75

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Jan 12, 2008, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Gamoe View Post

The rightmost drive is my video project drive, where I store large movie files I'm editing. The leftmost drive is everything else, including a backup for the MacBook's drive and the video project drive.
Where did you get the little case for the Mercury Elite? Looks nice.

Gamoe
Mac Elite
Jan 13, 2008, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by imitchellg5 View Post
Where did you get the little case for the Mercury Elite? Looks nice.
The rightmost drive you mean? I got it under the Rosewill name from NewEgg a few years ago. It has FW 400 and USB 2.0 interfaces.

Before buying the new enclosure to the left, I looked for the Rosewill drive again and found that it is actually from a company named MacPower Tytech, which sells them to other companies to rebrand.

Unfortunately, they are no longer sold under Rosewill, and OWC, the only people I could find who sell a similar drive (which is probably another rebranded version) charge way too much for them, in my humble opinion. So I went with the IcyDock instead, which is actually a rather nice drive as well.

-- Probably more than you wanted to know, but thanks for the complement.

drnkn_stylz
Senior User
Jan 14, 2008, 04:27 AM

Hey everyone! I just picked up a new monitor so I was inspired to take a few pictures.

Here's the MacBook setup:

-MacBook
-HP 22" LCD (w2207)
-Ghetto monitor stand (Basic Statistics & random VHS tapes)
-Logitech Z4i 2.1 Speakers
-iPod Nano 4gb. (gen.1)
-Apple Pro Keyboard
-Mighty Mouse

-Sharp Aquos 26" LCD HDTV
-Altec Lansing vs4121 2.1 Speakers

The pictures were taken with my Nikon Coolpix p5000
..13" MacBook Pro | 2.53gHz | 4gb RAM | 320gb Seagate Momentus XT | OSX.6.6.. // iPhone 4 32gb

indiecraig
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 19, 2008, 10:39 PM

Here's my humble setup, geared for simplicity and ease of Macbook removal.

Macbook (newest model as of posting, 2.2ghz, 4gb ram, 200gb 7200rpm hdd)

Griffin Elevator

Logitech V470 on a faux leather place mat which gives such a comfortable mousing experience (I had the Wireless Mighty Mouse, but it's not very good if you are even considering playing games).

Apple Wireless Keyboard

And another picture from a different perspective.

The thing I really like about my setup is the lack of need to plug in lots of wires to use my Macbook at my desk and the clean appearance that results from it. With wireless internet, printing, iTunes over AirTunes, bluetooth keyboard and mouse and bluetooth phone/pda synchronization I rarely have to plug in a cable other than macbook's power cable. I find I spend a lot more time computing at my desk rather than on my bed because I don't have to set it up every time I get home.

harbinger75
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 20, 2008, 01:24 PM

heh heh. nice mod there harbinger75
The Spongebob? Hehe, yeah, I was really into modding my bootpanels and all that when I had that iBook. That was my official eBay pic when I was selling it.
the geek source

mavherzog
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 21, 2008, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by indiecraig View Post
The thing I really like about my setup is the lack of need to plug in lots of wires to use my Macbook at my desk and the clean appearance that results from it. With wireless internet, printing, iTunes over AirTunes, bluetooth keyboard and mouse and bluetooth phone/pda synchronization I rarely have to plug in a cable other than macbook's power cable. I find I spend a lot more time computing at my desk rather than on my bed because I don't have to set it up every time I get home.
I very much like your setup. For the most part, I don't "do" wireless keyboards because I am very picky about my tactile feel (Model M (buckling springs) and blue Cherry keyswitch (ala Das 2 keyboard) fan). But there is something about the MacBook keyboard (which is also present in the new Apple keyboard), that gives a very pleasant tactile feel.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Jan 21, 2008, 10:02 PM

Here's a recent pic of my setup for old time's sake:

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 21, 2008, 11:24 PM

awww, that looks so precious!

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Jan 21, 2008, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by brassplayersrock² View Post
awww, that looks so precious!
Thanks

cutlassvillager
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 27, 2008, 01:24 AM

My thread is still going on strong but this will be my last picture because my Macbook is gone.
It was sold this thursday but replaced with a Macbook Pro
-
2.16 Ghz
2GB Ram
100GB Hard drive
256mb Graphics card

I have that monitor for my Quicksilver G4! I really like it, especially for the price! ($250 at Best Buy)

jaydon34
Senior User
Jan 27, 2008, 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by cutlassvillager View Post
I have that monitor for my Quicksilver G4! I really like it, especially for the price! ($250 at Best Buy)
Bestbuy actually had a sale and I purchased mines for $175. A friend called me because he purchased one so I ran over and picked one up.

cutlassvillager
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 27, 2008, 02:00 AM

Bestbuy actually had a sale and I purchased mines for $175. A friend called me because he purchased one so I ran over and picked one up.
Wow that is really good....geeze and I thought I got mine for a good deal!

jakbrud
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 4, 2008, 05:55 PM

This isn't my setup but I just wanted to share my enw laptop skin. Tell me what you think?

Jens Peter
Senior User
Feb 4, 2008, 06:22 PM

No MacBook Air yet?

Ant1-Hero
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 4, 2008, 06:55 PM

cut the apple out
MacBook Pro 2.2 / 120HD / 2gig ram/ Leopard 10.5.1

macuser9909
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 7, 2008, 03:46 AM

Here's my setup. Somewhat messy, but I can handle it.

Subaru_Nation555
Feb 7, 2008, 11:08 PM

Here is my MacBook Pro setup at school (Juniata College). I just got the Griffin Elevator and Apple keyboard. The combination really helps prevent any neck/back pain.

( Last edited by Subaru_Nation555; Feb 8, 2008 at 11:04 AM. )
2.2GHz MacBook Pro

trancepriest
Forum Regular
Feb 9, 2008, 03:22 AM

jaydon34
Senior User
Feb 9, 2008, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by trancepriest View Post
I can't explain how envious I am of you. You have an Amazing setup now you've just added the air to the mix.
A. How do I become your good buddy that gets all the left over gadgets?
B. Can you donate to a struggling gadget freak?
C. If none of those at least let me have your address so I can arrange a heist.

Just joking bro keep the stuff coming and I always see your stuff on flickr. It's usually right after I put up my meager setup then see yours in the Apple groups, kinda makes me feel like pulling my pictures down lol.

trancepriest
Forum Regular
Feb 9, 2008, 01:36 PM

I can't explain how envious I am of you. You have an Amazing setup now you've just added the air to the mix.
A. How do I become your good buddy that gets all the left over gadgets?
B. Can you donate to a struggling gadget freak?
C. If none of those at least let me have your address so I can arrange a heist.

Just joking bro keep the stuff coming and I always see your stuff on flickr. It's usually right after I put up my meager setup then see yours in the Apple groups, kinda makes me feel like pulling my pictures down lol.
LOL... if it's any consolation... at one time... a long long time ago I was a struggling gadget freak too... just keep believing that good macs & electronics lay over the rainbow. If you are a true believer they will appear.

xsphat
Forum Regular
Feb 12, 2008, 04:23 AM

Just got my new desk and chair, swapped some keys of the SMK85 and cleaned. Now my set up is pretty much brand new.

BTW, anyone recognize my monitor stand?

And here's a better shot of the drawer with the flap up.

doolally
Feb 16, 2008, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by kanishkl View Post
Hey what keyboard is that?
It's an Avid keyboard. Well, it's a regular Apple keyboard with the keys pulled off and Avid keys put on
--
"What is it you see, in the horizon's bruised smear, that cannot be blotted out by your raised hand?"
www.thecrookedcrow.com

harbinger75
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 17, 2008, 11:39 PM

Ok, I finally got at least one decent picture. Not a stupendous setup by any stretch, but hey, my wife and I have very practical use of the workspace. The gaming PC I built is off to the right on the same desk...

the geek source

brokenheartnote
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 18, 2008, 05:25 PM

This is my setup. I know it's not much, but it gets the job done.
-MacBook: 2.4ghz Core 2 Duo, 1gb ram, 120gb hdd
-30gb iPod Video, Belkin brushed metal cover
-Logitech cordless optical mouse
-Logitech notebook speaker system/dock
-Samsung Hue

Cadaver
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 18, 2008, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by brokenheartnote View Post
This is my setup. I know it's not much, but it gets the job done.
-MacBook: 2.4ghz Core 2 Duo, 1gb ram, 120gb hdd
Not to be a spec Nazi, but must be a 2.2GHz. There are no 2.4GHz MacBooks at present.

Forum Links
Forum Rules