Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Need help getting my 15" PowerBook

Need help getting my 15" PowerBook
skelotar
Forum Regular
Jul 21, 2004, 05:46 PM

Best Buy is trying to keep me from becoming a happy 15" PowerBook owner. I've been carrying this powerbook brochure in my pocket for the last month as I save up and guess what happens...

I have 1225 dollars in best buy in-store credit from a returned laptop (HP) and I want to get a 15" PowerBook.

I also have the remaining balance to purhcase the powerbook.

So I go to buy it and best buy says "We don't have any 15" PowerBooks in our distribution center so there's nothing we can do."

Not only am I having to buy it from them, I'm being forced to pay full price (and not get the student discount).

I was hoping someone could help me come up with a solution to the 1225 dollars I have sitting in limbo.

Here's what i've come up with so far:

Offer someone 1225 dollars towards a flat-screen TV or something in exchange for 1125 dollars cash.

Sell the in-store credit on e-bay for 1125 dollars (but I think i have to be the one to use it).

Buy a gift card for 1225 dollars and sell it on ebay.

Turns out, they don't really have any apples in stock. I had them look to see if they had any 12" PowerBooks with the superdrive because I know I could easily sell one of those on eBay, but once again i'm greeted with the same sorry response.

:::::: Please offer any suggestion you think may work. I've done everything in my power at this point to become a happy mac user and now I need help.....

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Jul 21, 2004, 07:05 PM

Are you in California, by any chance?
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

skelotar  (op)
Forum Regular
Jul 22, 2004, 01:52 AM

No, actually i'm located in Florida....

I just actually purchased a iBook with the money and am going to attempt to trade it in for a powerbook when it arrives at the local mac store.

I guess no one had any suggestions... I'm probably the only one something like this has happened to.

Thanks for viewing though

ryju
Professional Poster
Jul 22, 2004, 09:41 AM

Maybe you could just wait until they get more Macs in stock. Possibly.

Forum Links
Forum Rules