Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Alternative Operating Systems > Following OS X lockup, XP won't fully boot

Following OS X lockup, XP won't fully boot
drpepper
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 18, 2006, 11:02 AM

I've been running Boot Camp uneventfully for almost 3 months now.

On Saturday, my MBP went to sleep with a Finder window open to my XP partition (open to the My Documents directory, but no files were open). There were only a couple of apps running, maybe Mail and TextEdit. When I woke it up, everything locked except for the mouse pointer. The mouse buttons and keyboard we completely non-responsive.

Seeing no alternative, I did a power button shut down.

I restarted OS X without issue.

This morning, each time I try to start Windows, it makes it to the desktop for several seconds, then the computer restarts and goes from the Apple sound/gray screen to a black screen.

One of the times, when XP quit, I saw a flash of a blue screen with an error message. Far to fast to read. On one of the attempts to start XP, I was offered choices as to how to start, but of course, the keyboard doesn't work until XP has fully booted.

Anyone seen this or have any ideas?

Forum Links
Forum Rules