Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Windows Vs Mac

Windows Vs Mac
steve1341
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 21, 2003, 12:49 PM

I have used a Mac for the last 6 months and i am verry happy with it. Can someone tell me why where=ver i read people say Mac s are better then Windows but yet 99% of people use Windows. If Macs were so good then everyone should use them

Right?

I want to know this because when my friends say Windows is superior to Macs i have an answer for them.

From Java Developer!

Maflynn
Professional Poster
Dec 21, 2003, 01:03 PM

Why do people prefer fords over chevy's?

Personal preference. alot of people here will tell you (as I do) that
Apple produces a suprior product.
The hardware intergrates better with OS.
The OSX is a better more seemless operating system then windows.

Why do they only have 7% market share, I don't know, partly do to microsoft's monopoly, partly due to apple shooting themselves in the foot from time to time.

If I had my choice I would use Macs all of the time, and since I do have that choice I do

Mike

steve1341  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 21, 2003, 01:19 PM

Could you quantify exactly why Macs are better then Windows. They are slightly simpler to use but do not integrate well with Windows.

For example in a windows network i spent nearly an hour to print via samba windows. if i had a windows machine it would have been plug and play since it detects it.

And also the thing that gets me no end is that administartors offer to help configure your computer but when you tell them you have a Mac they put their hands up and say they dont know

People buy Fords over Chevys because they are cheaper and do the job adequately.

Yet Macs are dearer and they have limited software especially in the Games section. Trying running a game via Virtual PC and it just wont work.

Finally there must be a logical reason why people dont use Macs as much as Windows. I work on the example that the more people using something the better is it is. This seems to not be the case with computers- i am still undecided.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Dec 21, 2003, 01:20 PM

Do a search in the Lounge on Mac vs. PC or Windows. There's been a lot of threads with very, very good arguments made.

Also some in the Mac OS X forum, so you might want to search there too.

Plenty of material to be found.

This thread probably won't last too long, btw, since it really belongs in the Lounge (not Powerbook-specific).

Also, you can search for the first post by a user named "bettafish" (he only has something like 8 total). I recall that being a nice "switcher" story.

-s*

Alpha-sphere
Forum Regular
Dec 21, 2003, 02:31 PM

Originally posted by steve1341:
I have used a Mac for the last 6 months and i am verry happy with it. Can someone tell me why where=ver i read people say Mac s are better then Windows but yet 99% of people use Windows. If Macs were so good then everyone should use them

Right?

I want to know this because when my friends say Windows is superior to Macs i have an answer for them.

From Java Developer!
I can tell you one reason why 99% of people use windows. Some people don't have the money to buy a mac or he/she is a cheap basterd.
Powered by a 15" alu powerbook superdrive

PowerTower Fan
Dec 21, 2003, 03:53 PM

$$$ is the reason PC's are so much more popular. If money was a critical issue, which would you get: a $400 PC or a $1000 Mac? I'm not saying the $400 PC is gonna be a good computer, but for many people they don't care. Price is the number one determing factor.

CeRtiFiedSkitZo
Dec 21, 2003, 04:12 PM

Could you quantify exactly why Macs are better then Windows. They are slightly simpler to use but do not integrate well with Windows.

For example in a windows network i spent nearly an hour to print via samba windows. if i had a windows machine it would have been plug and play since it detects it.

And also the thing that gets me no end is that administartors offer to help configure your computer but when you tell them you have a Mac they put their hands up and say they dont know

People buy Fords over Chevys because they are cheaper and do the job adequately.

Yet Macs are dearer and they have limited software especially in the Games section. Trying running a game via Virtual PC and it just wont work.

Finally there must be a logical reason why people dont use Macs as much as Windows. I work on the example that the more people using something the better is it is. This seems to not be the case with computers- i am still undecided.
I had the same problem, but a friend of mines who is a big Unix Guru helped me setup my Mac to print using CUPS. Here's the link which he used to set it up. I hope it helps.

http://homepage.mac.com/william_whit...html#_Overview

By the way this settings also works on panther.

forcelite
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 21, 2003, 05:25 PM

Honestly allot of it is price an luck.

Beta was better than VHS. It was smaller and better quality.

VHS won, who would have guessed.

I think allot of it is that people tend to go with the side that is not a monopoly.

Apple hardware is only sold by apple. For a little while that was not true but for most of apple's life it is true.

These days Microsoft makes more money and controls more than anyone else in the computer industry so it should be considered a monopoly too, but in the beginning there was allot more choice and uncertainty in the PC world

So basically its luck and price.
Force

WizOSX
Mac Elite
Dec 21, 2003, 06:57 PM

Originally posted by steve1341

If Macs were so good then everyone should use them

Right?

I want to know...
I've used both Macs and PCs now for 20 years. And I think it mainly comes down to price -- and a little history. I don't think it really has much to do with people being afraid to buy Apple, or they don't like Apple because of the media or because Apple has a monopoly (or because Microsoft does). Obviously people are happy to buy from Apple if the price/product is right--just witness the success of iTunes and the iPod.

About the time that Compaq came out with the first PC clone, IBM and Apple were about neck and neck. The Apple IIe was cheaper but not quite as powerful and didn't have quite the appeal to businesses. But the coming of the clones changed all that due to price. In the early 90's Apple made another attempt to compete on price and for awhile were the largest computer manufacturer with over 10% of the total sales. But clearly it was not as profitable to do this as to produce unique products, keep a monopoly on those products and sell at a higher price. I have no doubt that if Apple came out with a unique sort of consumer computer and sold it at a very good price they would sell millions.

PowerMac 7600 .........................� Mac IIcx...............................� Apple IIe

JOHNGAETANO
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 21, 2003, 06:58 PM

People use Windows because they are told to use windows. 94% of computer users don't even know how to turn a computer on, let alone make a decision on an OS.

WizOSX
Mac Elite
Dec 21, 2003, 09:28 PM

Originally posted by JOHNGAETANO

People use Windows because they are told to use windows.
For some people that may be true. But I still think that if Apple put out a killer machine at a reasonable price, people would buy it.

James L
Mac Elite
Dec 21, 2003, 09:57 PM

Great points above, and here are my thoughts:

1) For the average computer user, they don't know any better. They decide/are told that they need a computer, they go to their local Walmart / Best Buy / Future Shop / etc and tell the sales clerk what they want to do with the machine. Because PC's are cheaper, more and more stores stock them, so this is what the sales clerks push. What OS comes with PCs? Windows. I don't think it is a case at all of one being superior to the other (though in MANY regards OSX IS superior), but a lack of buyers knowledge over the years perpetuating the cycle. Now, people just assume that a machine has windows on it when they buy it... unless they are an educated shopper.

2) On my next thought, to quote:

"Finally there must be a logical reason why people dont use Macs as much as Windows. I work on the example that the more people using something the better is it is."

....more people drive Hyundai's and crappy little cars then BMWs... to use your logic then a Hyundai is a superior vehicle to a BMW, which we all know is not the case.

I think the truth of the matter is people confuse PC OS's (windows) and the hardware. PC hardware IS superior the the current generation of Mac hardware. You can still build a PC with superior performance to a top end G5, only people in denial don't realize that. Apple is hopefully working on this and one day we will wave the flag.

When people say a windows platform is superior, the truth is the hardware may very well be superior. The windows based OS leaves a lot to be desired compared to OSX though, but I think when PC types brag about their machines they don't distinquish between the two.

And. my last thought, any PC dude who tries to build up his own ego by trying to trash the Mac platform simply has no life, no confidence, and I can pretty much bet he has never kissed a girl in real life either!

RooneyX
Mac Elite
Dec 21, 2003, 10:22 PM

When people say 99% of the world use Windows they are counting places where Macs aren't available, places where Macs are too expensive (you can't expect the developing world to use Macs when they need cheap computers with free operating systems and software).

Using that formula you'd think nobody owned Jaguars or BMWs because the majority fo the world uses beat up Nissans and third hand Fords.

To get an accurate picture you go to a modern city like London, New York, Hollywood, etc and you'll see that Mac ownership is far higher. In some cases higher than most PC manufacturers like Dell, Sony or Toshiba.

Ti X
Forum Regular
Dec 21, 2003, 10:44 PM

Three reasons people use Windows instead of Apple.

1.Political reasons

2.Perception of value

3.No interest in leading technology

People use Windows because of political reasons. Whether at work or at school, politics push technology into the hands of users, and frankly, the Windows camp has more politicians (businesses profiting from Windows products) to do the pushing.

Many people I know just don't care what kind of computer they buy as long as it works, and is the cheapest. They just don't see the value as it relates to computers. They will pay more for quality in other markets, but they believe it is wasteful when purchasing a computer. This is probaly more specific to people in my age group who are on their fourth or fifth computer over the span of ten years. When you have purchased your fifth computer in ten years because of obsolescence, most likely you are a little peeved at the money you burned in such a short time. People compare computers with other electronic devices such as televisions, stereos and such. I have had my stereo for 14 yrs and my tv for 11 yrs. That is a reference point for many people, and that is what they compare their idea of value with when considering electronic purchases. Obsolescence creates both constant cash flow and decreasing margins for computer companies due to consumer perception of value.

I admit I throw my money away on Apple products and other leading technology items for the sole reason that I like technology. Technology is my hobby. Everyone spends money on hobbies, but everyone's hobby is not technology.
15" AI PowerBook
17" PowerBook 1GB RAM
15" PowerBook 512MB RAM
700Mhz iBook

Maflynn
Professional Poster
Dec 22, 2003, 12:49 AM

Could you quantify exactly why Macs are better then Windows.

I thought I did qauntify macs are better then windows, and as I mentioned its a personal opinion. Better harder, better OS, better intergration of the superior hardware and OS.

My point on the fords vs chevy's was not that one was cheaper but people have personal preferance that has nothing to do with one is better then another. In a similar sense both Macs and Windows can accomplish things.

slffl
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 22, 2003, 12:47 PM

It's the same reason people will buy a PS2 over an xbox, an NVIDIA card over an ATI card, or a Intel chip over AMD chip. MARKETING! They do a great job at brainwashing fanboys into basing purchasing decisions on brand names instead of product quality, etc.

Also, the reason there are not as many games on the Mac is because Windows has most of the market share. Same with PS2 and Xbox. Xbox is easily the superior hardware, but software developers are going to develop their products on the systems in which they will have the best chance at making the most profit.

If Mac had 70% market share, then you would see ALL of the windows games on Mac.

JRobinson
Dec 22, 2003, 03:58 PM

A lot of it is job-related. I use SQL Server for my job and it is available only for Windows. The same thing goes for Visual Studio and Visio. I wish these products could run on Mac OS X, but they don't and I have to live with that.

I'm happy to see my Mac when I get home, though!

solitere
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 22, 2003, 05:08 PM

Right?

From Java Developer!
Why are Wintel in most homes today? One good answer could be the distrubution and broader range of retailers. As for hardware sales, Computer retailers don�t make a lot of money on computers these days, however they do make money on selling Anti-Virus software and firewallssoftware for windows!
Plus do not forget that maintance and service is overall greater on the wintel-side.

bkb
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 22, 2003, 05:20 PM

Originally posted by Alpha-sphere:
I can tell you one reason why 99% of people use windows. Some people don't have the money to buy a mac or he/she is a cheap basterd.
An astute, well reasoned argument. I'm impressed.

GDoering
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 23, 2003, 12:11 PM

Mac OS X is easily the best consumer operating system on the market but most people are unaware that it exists and the ones who are aware of it get hung up on the price/performance of a Mac. The G5 is comparable in price/performance with the high-end wintel machines but the average customer doesn't want to spend that much on a computer so they head back to Best Buy or Walmart and pick up their $500 Windows machine. Another problem is Apple uses their own hardware which turns some people off. A lot of computer geeks like to build their own computers for cheap and this is not possible on the Mac platform. Obviously another reason is that games are either not released for the Mac or they are released months after the PC version. While most people would just buy an XBox and avoid this issue altogether some people still buy computers to play games on. Overall though I think once people get more experience with computers you will see things change. Windows is like AOL when the internet took off, it's all people know. People used to think AOL was the internet but once they got more experience they started turning to better alternatives. I think computers will be the same way in the near future. All people know now is Windows but they will eventually get fed up and start looking for better alternatives. I used Windows from 3.1 all the way to XP before I switched to OS X. The only reason it took as long as it did was because I was unaware that OS X existed. Well I knew it existed but I had no idea how great it was until I saw it on a friend's PowerBook. I fell in love with the machine and OS instantly and bought my own PowerBook a week later.
( Last edited by GDoering; Jan 2, 2004 at 12:43 PM. )

Stradlater
Professional Poster
Dec 23, 2003, 01:18 PM

the operating systems:

http://www.xvsxp.com/

the computers:

Macs cost more (but last longer), so people usually stay with the cheap. BMW also has a small share of the auto market, doesn't mean their product is bad, or even worse than their competitors.

Vi0
Baninated
Dec 23, 2003, 07:30 PM

Ignorance leads people to buy a PC and Windows???

That's the stupidest thing I've even heard. It isn't ignorant to buy the dominant competitor in the market who offers the most compatibility and convienience.

kanker
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 23, 2003, 10:28 PM

Originally posted by WizOSX:
I've used both Macs and PCs now for 20 years. And I think it mainly comes down to price -- and a little history. I don't think it really has much to do with people being afraid to buy Apple, or they don't like Apple because of the media or because Apple has a monopoly (or because Microsoft does). Obviously people are happy to buy from Apple if the price/product is right--just witness the success of iTunes and the iPod.

About the time that Compaq came out with the first PC clone, IBM and Apple were about neck and neck. The Apple IIe was cheaper but not quite as powerful and didn't have quite the appeal to businesses. But the coming of the clones changed all that due to price.
I'd have to say this post comes closest to the mark with one addition- IBM was already entrenched in the business market and had been for decades. Most companies don't change horses in the middle of the stream, and with how expensive business computers were, who could blame them? Had there been a more open business market back in the day, things might be different now, and we'd all be running on about the beauty of PC's. What makes Apple computers better than PC's in this day and age is control. Apple specs the processors, picks the components that go in the box, and sells it to you with an OS that has that in mind. PC's can be configured a vast multitude of a host of a plethora of ways, an people expect an OS to be able to take that into account and run flawlessly. Were the processor, graphics, etc... options fewer on the PC side, M$ would be able to provide an OS that would easily be as stable as Apple can. As it stands, there are just too many variables on the PC side for my tastes, especially when one doesn't know how to configure a BTO, and no OS can take them all into account

@ho
Dec 23, 2003, 10:56 PM

It's personal taste.

Most people don't know or haven't use a mac.

Zatt
Dec 24, 2003, 08:06 AM

Do you really have to argue it with them? The key point is why do you like your Mac better than a PC? Everyone has their preferences.

I've only owned my Mac for a week and I'm already hooked on them. I know that I won't go back to using Windows anytime soon. Of course, the reasons are many, but they're mine. I can't convince someone to switch from Windows to Mac (aside from pointing at their machine and laughing when their system crashes).

GDoering
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 25, 2003, 02:54 PM

Originally posted by Vi0:
Ignorance leads people to buy a PC and Windows???

That's the stupidest thing I've even heard. It isn't ignorant to buy the dominant competitor in the market who offers the most compatibility and convienience.
Well if people are unaware of any alternatives then yes ignorance would be the reason, wouldn't it? I didn't say that was the only reason, just one of the reasons.

pdot
Senior User
Dec 26, 2003, 12:49 AM

I think the main reason is perception of value as someone pointed out. This not only includes the lower price point for a machine they think will save them money, but also the free (illegal) software new users want. It's hard to persuade many people into getting a Mac b/c they'll be able to get such-and-such programs or games from Joe Bob. Illegality of software copying is harder to realize it seems. I think it comes from years of freely borrowing videos, cassettes, and cds from friends.
Current: XPC SB81P, 3GHz P4, 1GB RAM; Compaq Presario V2410US, Turion 64 ML-30, 512MB RAM
Previous: Sawtooth G4/400 448MB RAM
ATI Radeon 8500 64MB - flashed variant
OS X 10.3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399 37510
Future: 13" Widescreen Powerbook, Core Duo Intel

Skypat
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 26, 2003, 06:17 AM

I think the top 3 problems is :

- Distribution problem. PCs are everywhere.
- Marketing problem. Everybody knows the Mac but most of the PC users out there never saw or used one. They have plently of ideas about a mac (not compatible, expensive, ...). And Apple doesn't do anything about this. Thet should aggressively communicate about the Mac OS. All they do is showing hardware. Every time.
- Ambition problem. I think Apple does not want more than 3-5% market share. Apple is very profitable the way it is, why get bigger and become a second HP. Apple does not want that I think.

That's it. We do the evangilizing They sell the computers. That's how it works.
S k y p a t

fizzlemynizzle
Senior User
Dec 29, 2003, 01:31 AM

I have a little bit of experience in this arena..

I've been a sysadmin for several years now. I started off with Solaris 2.5.1 and Windows NT Server 4.0.. This was after about 10 years of experience as a user/power user. My first computer ever having been an Apple //+ then various PCs, Amigas and then a Quadra 605. The Quadra was nearly enough to keep me away from Apple for good. Frankly, I hated System 7 and later 7.5. Hated them. Maybe I didn't have enough horsepower to run them properly. I used Windows 95 pretty much exclusively, then 98 and ultimately 2000 Pro and XP Pro. In the server arena I became very familiar with Windows 2000 Server and now 2003 Server. Along the way I've learned my way around a couple of popular Linux distros, mostly for use as penetration testing tools against the Windows machines.

I just bought a Powerbook for my primary personal computer. Frankly, I could have gotten anything I wanted. I chose the PB because I think OS X is absolutely awesome. It's the most modern operating system I've used. I also appreciate Apple's massive attention to detail on their hardware. Fit and finish, ergonomics, etc. I will always have an x86 computer around because I have uses for Windows and Linux.

As to why people don't buy Macs, the price/performance ratio scares them off. Most people don't care enough about their computers to want to spend more for all of the extra touches Apple provides. I think if they had a better understanding of things, they'd see where the value is.

Josh

waffffffle
Mac Elite
Dec 29, 2003, 01:57 AM

I agree with what many people have said but I think one important factor that people are forgetting. Historically, Apple has been notoriously bad at selling their products. This has to do with the marketing, pricing, retail presence and a number of other issues. Apple historically hasn't responded as quickly to market trends. There was a stretch of time in Apple's history where PowerBooks weren't available at all for some stupid reason, and more often a product update is months behind expectations (like the recent 15" PowerBook update, or the G4 tower update of early 2002) and Apple falls far behind in price and performance comparisons.

I think in the past two years Apple has done a much better job with its sales and marketing problems, yet they still refuse to change their overall marketing messages. Apple never tells you just HOW easy it is to use a Mac or to make the switch. They only hint at it. Their commercials are very abstract and artsy. This hasn't worked in increasing Apple's marketshare but it has been working recently in creating awareness of the iPod.

As we all know the iPod is flying off store shelves. Everyone wanted one for Christmas this year and the $300 models were sold out anywhere (yet the $500 models were easy to find). Hopefully this will lead to more Mac sales, however Apple has not done a good enough job explaining to the world that the iPod is only the beginning, and that the Mac platform is on another level. Hopefully Apple will start delivering this message to consumers.

urban
Forum Regular
Dec 30, 2003, 02:02 AM

A couple reasons I can think of on top of my head:
1 MS PC's are readily available
2 MS PC's are already well established in virtually every sector of the economy.
3 MS PC's are cheaper and have a bigger software library.
4 (From personal experience) Pirated softwares everywhere which draws some (if not a lot) home users to MS PC's
Powerbook 12" 1GHZ, 1.25GB of RAM
My blog

urrl78
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 30, 2003, 08:39 AM

To put it quite simply I bought PC's because Mac stores were few and far between. I never ran into a store that sold Macs until about 3 years ago. I would probably still have a PC if I did not walk into a CompUSA and fell in love with my first Ti 400 Mhz. At that time to tell you the truth looks and form factor had much to do with it, and I heard the Ti could edit video better. Now I have a first rev. 17" and though I check on Centrino technology laptops now and then, I don't think I will go back to PC's just yet. The gaming arena PC advantage was easy; just bought myself a Playstation II.

Blizzake
Forum Regular
Dec 30, 2003, 03:36 PM

i think if MAC had some pothead kid screaming "Dude, Your gettin a Powerbook"
that would def. increase sales.

i just got my first mac about a week ago. now my xp pro tower is just sitting.

i love the look and feel of the mac, and i enjoy useing it so much more than the pc

im hooked....

money can be an issue, espically with college kids, and pc is a household name, and its more common everywhere you go.

but now that i have a powerbook, my friend got one, and he preferes it more than the pc too.

its ashame my lcd is just sitting turned off..

BigDaddy
Forum Regular
Jan 1, 2004, 02:44 AM

I still do not get why people have to hate windows to like apple. I have two iBooks g3 and new g4 and a desktop PC. I like both. XP rocks as does OS X.

Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Jan 1, 2004, 03:23 AM

Originally posted by Blizzake:
i think if MAC had some pothead kid screaming "Dude, Your gettin a Powerbook"
that would def. increase sales.
A) Its Mac, not MAC. Its not an acronym.
B) Mac is not the company, it is the platform. You mean 'Apple' should have the stoner boy.
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

Drakino
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 1, 2004, 06:29 AM

Originally posted by Alpha-sphere:
Random nit-pick, thats a 17 inch Powerbook in your signature picture, not a 15. You can tell from the way the slot load drive works. The 17 has more of an open defined slot near the top of the system, while the 15 inch one has a dust cover slot more in the middle of the machine.

(Just an FYI for anyone playing name that Mac based on pictures from the front )
<This space under renovation>

Phat Bastard
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 1, 2004, 02:29 PM

Many people have said that it's ignorance that makes people buy PC's over Macs...I can't stress this point enough! Many other reasons pointed out here are true (quality of hardware, software compatibility, price, etc, etc) but I think we are overanalyzing this a little too much.

Look at it this way:

You go to ANY RANDOM computer store and they will have PC's FOR SURE and Macs PROBABLY NOT. If a newbie computer user goes to this random store to buy a computer, 93% of the time they will buy a PC. Macs just aren't available as much as PCs. It's as simple as that.

If every computer that has PC's also carried Macs, even if the Macs were more expensive, have less software compatibility, less overall hardware power, etc, etc, Apple's market share would still go up to something like 50% because people (like us) would buy the Macs JUST BECAUSE THEY WERE THERE.

Once again:

In my opinion, the strongest factor in why more people use PC's instead of Macs is EXPOSURE. There just aren't that many stores that carry Macs. This could be interpreted as an argument for collusion by Wintel companies, but that's another story.
The world needs more Canada.
PB 12" 867 MHz, 640 MB RAM, AE, OS 10.4.2
Black iPod nano 4GB

Dr.Michael
Jan 1, 2004, 05:09 PM

From Java Developer! [/B][/QUOTE]

Hi,

I am a java developer too and I do most of my work on a powerbook.

I wrote an answer to another question (Thinkpad vs. Powerbook) which breaks down in a comparison between Linux, Windows and Mac OS. You will find some answers there that have not been posted in this thread:

http://forums.macnn.com/showthread.p...88#post1759488

In general I agree with previous posts: As a Mac user you don't have to defend yourself and find answers for Windows people. If they want to know, let them try themselves. Where is our self-confidence?

It has always been so that specialists, who know what they are doing, use different tools than average people. At least most mac users have made a choice (like most linux users btw.). This is much more than 99% of the windows users have ever done.

Dr Reducto
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 2, 2004, 12:42 AM

Let me share my experience:

I had about $1500 to get a computer a few months back. I thought: "Hey, I can put together a PC for that amount! And I will learn. YAY!!!". When I got all of the parts together, I installed them, and then started to configure. I had to find the "lucky order" of installing device drivers, and my sound card was being retarded with driver support. Two week later I had to wipe the HDD reinstall Windows. Today, I did the exact same thing. I wish I had at least bought a computer already complete, and wish I would have bought a Mac, because I don't even play games that much at all.

PC's: Hacked together system
Mac: Complete

It's not hard to choose a winner in retrospect.

haunebu
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 3, 2004, 12:46 PM

And why is this broken record crap in the PowerBook forum?

Phat Bastard
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 3, 2004, 02:18 PM

"If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all."

Originally posted by haunebu:
And why is this broken record crap in the PowerBook forum?
The world needs more Canada.
PB 12" 867 MHz, 640 MB RAM, AE, OS 10.4.2
Black iPod nano 4GB

Stradlater
Professional Poster
Jan 3, 2004, 04:32 PM

Check the lounge or OS X forum for things like this.
"You rise," he said, "like Aurora."

DesignByJack
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 4, 2004, 02:13 AM

I can answer your question 50% here I been asked for this many times too. The feedback that i got is, PC pirated software is easy to get, and PC has more Games the Mac. Beside this, they wont mind to switch.

Due to the PC had targeted to home user first than Mac do.. long time ago Mac was very expensive this is also a reason that most people get to know PC first then Apple.. but after the Colorful iMac and PowerPC G3 released, Mac has a better reputation and sales increase after that.

It doen't really mean that PC 90% market then must be a best thing than Mac. Mac is always innovative and creative to me.

Last thing here.. many people still thought that Mac is only for graphic use.. not for home user, I can say they are wrong.. thats why till now people still dun have the initiative to switch... they still have many doubts.

I ever switched to PC but one words can descript.. SUCK I still go back to Mac.. I been using 9 apple machines. So I can tell.

Soon or later Mac will be in certain rank in the market. Trust me!!

Forum Links
Forum Rules