Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > Looking for small dev company

Looking for small dev company
mattstoton
Senior User
Jul 19, 2002, 06:36 PM

I'm looking for a small cocoa development company to code a project for me. I can't pay up front, but I can offer 100% of any profits. I already have an interface.

If you're interested email me at [email protected] or [email protected] if that doesn't work.
New sig coming soon. Yes, it will violate the sig guidelines :p

theolein
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 23, 2002, 08:19 PM

So <a href="http://forums.macnn.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=46&t=004596" target="_blank">this</a> didn't work out?
weird wabbit

Ludovic Hirlimann
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 24, 2002, 02:26 AM

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">Originally posted by mattstoton:
<strong>I'm looking for a small cocoa development company to code a project for me. I can't pay up front, but I can offer 100% of any profits. I already have an interface.

If you're interested email me at [email protected] or [email protected] if that doesn't work.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">try <a href="http://www.goingware.com" target="_blank">goingware</a> !!!

mattstoton  (op)
Senior User
Jul 24, 2002, 06:42 AM

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">Originally posted by theolein:
<strong>So <a href="http://forums.macnn.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=46&t=004596" target="_blank">this</a> didn't work out?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">Sorry Theoein, thats irrelevant. I can assure you that the project is not ThemeShop.

Angus_D
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 24, 2002, 06:21 PM

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">Originally posted by mattstoton:
<strong>Sorry Theoein, thats irrelevant. I can assure you that the project is not ThemeShop.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">Uhm... Well, I think he was making reference to your previous track record. Not just ThemeShop but also Red Cheetah or whatever... So many failed past projects doesn't inspire confidence.

Bwa
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 25, 2002, 09:43 AM

<strong>I'm looking for a small cocoa development company to code a project for me. I can't pay up front, but I can offer 100% of any profits. I already have an interface.

If you're interested email me at [email protected] or [email protected] if that doesn't work.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">No developer company worth their salt is going to do anything purely on a royalty basis. I am an individual consultant and charge quite a bit up front; royalties or not doesn't really influence my decision (depending on the circumstances).

You might as well go learn Cocoa yourself and do it in your spare time if you're not willing to lay down at least $150/hr for development (in my part of the world anyway).

mattstoton  (op)
Senior User
Jul 25, 2002, 10:09 AM

Angus, I never even attempted to develop red cheetah. It wasn't even mine.

As for the cost of development... this is only a small project. I will learn cocoa but I also don't want to wait on this.

Angus_D
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 25, 2002, 06:38 PM

If you are offering 100% of all profits just post a description of your app. I think your definition of "profits" must mean sales minus what you take.

Programmers' time tends to be worth money, therefore they are unlikely to work on a project for no guaranteed reward -- who's to say how much you will term "profits"? Who's to say how reliable you are? etc etc. I'm not trying to perform a character assassination here, but it's not very likely you'll get many takers on the current terms.

mattstoton  (op)
Senior User
Jul 27, 2002, 08:36 AM

No, I'm not all interested in the cash. When I say 100% I mean 100%. Not just sales minus my cut.

I can pretty much garuntee that it won't flop... though I'm not going into it with everyone here. I'm search for developers, not advertising.

Detrius
Professional Poster
Jul 29, 2002, 02:15 AM

<strong>No, I'm not all interested in the cash. When I say 100% I mean 100%. Not just sales minus my cut.

I can pretty much garuntee that it won't flop... though I'm not going into it with everyone here. I'm search for developers, not advertising.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">If you are so convinced that it will work and you are not interested in any money out of the deal, then why don't you just GIVE the interface and the idea to some company? It's the same to you. You could also just tell us what the idea is and maybe one of us will build it. Also, if you aren't worried about profits, you could just open source what you already have.
ACSA 10.4/10.3, ACTC 10.3, ACHDS 10.3

kamprath
Jul 31, 2002, 02:41 AM

If you're interested email me at [email protected] or [email protected] if that doesn't work.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">Why cocoa? Are you specifying a requirement or the implementation (classic, classic mistake in any software development project - let you implementors decide the best language for the project!)?

Do you think people will work for free? Do you really think a real company with a real balance sheet is going to respond to a RFP posted on MacNN, especially when it states "I don't have any $$$"?

Ah . . . at least your post does have some entertainment value
--
Michael F. Kamprath

Detrius
Professional Poster
Jul 31, 2002, 11:23 AM

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">Originally posted by kamprath:
<strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">Originally posted by mattstoton:

If you're interested email me at [email protected] or [email protected] if that doesn't work.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">Why cocoa? Are you specifying a requirement or the implementation (classic, classic mistake in any software development project - let you implementors decide the best language for the project!)?

Do you think people will work for free? Do you really think a real company with a real balance sheet is going to respond to a RFP posted on MacNN, especially when it states "I don't have any $$$"?

Ah . . . at least your post does have some entertainment value </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">I think I may have figured it out... he wants a good cocoa program that has his name on it that he can tell people that he wrote. Something like that might get him a job somewhere without doing any real work.
ACSA 10.4/10.3, ACTC 10.3, ACHDS 10.3

invisibleX
Mac Elite
Jul 31, 2002, 01:17 PM

There are many companies who only want some projects under their belt to gain credibility. I *know* this project belongs in Cocoa.

No, I'm trying to gain brownie points for someelse's work.
-"I don't believe in God. "
"That doesn't matter. He believes in you."

-"I'm not agnostic. Just nonpartisan. Theological Switzerland, that's me."

Forum Links
Forum Rules