Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Office X GM?

Office X GM?
Steve Bosell
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 19, 2001, 11:42 AM

Any word on office x gm? I have been using build 1308 that appears to be GM with the exception of the Microsoft Database Demon in my log in items that jacks up my sleep functionality

dark3lf
Mac Elite
Oct 19, 2001, 11:52 AM

Those questions are best asked in the irc channel you downloaded your pirated build from. No one knows as it hasn't even been released yet.

scarab
Forum Regular
Oct 19, 2001, 11:56 AM

I sense a moderator getting ready to move this to 'OS X - Third Party Software'.... How's the performance of the build you've got anyway?

MacGorilla
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 19, 2001, 01:16 PM

A developer friend of mine [company name withheld to protect the innocent] says that Office X went GM last week but that's all he'll say.
Power Macintosh Dual G4
SGI Indigo2 6.5.21f

King Kong
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 19, 2001, 01:49 PM

If the build I have seen is the GM... we're all going to be sad. Entourage and Excel are sooo slow it's painful. Entourage especially.

malvolio
Professional Poster
Oct 19, 2001, 03:00 PM

Well, I...er, a "friend" is using build 1302, and Entourage is pretty darn quick.
A couple of Carracho servers have announced that they have build 15xx. This has just appeared in the past day or two, so it might be the GM...
/mal
"I sentence you to be hanged by the neck until you cheer up."
MacBook Pro 15" w/ Mac OS 10.8.2, iPhone 4S & iPad 4th-gen. w/ iOS 6.1.2

bobrocke
Oct 19, 2001, 03:11 PM

Any idea of what the expiration dates are on the last few betas (12xx, 13xx)?
Bob
-----------
Robert J. Rockefeller
Cincinnati, Ohio
"I'm growing older, but not up!"

piracy
Mac Elite
Oct 19, 2001, 03:57 PM

Originally posted by King Kong:
<STRONG>If the build I have seen is the GM... we're all going to be sad. Entourage and Excel are sooo slow it's painful. Entourage especially.</STRONG>
Then you don't have anything near the GM.

malvolio
Professional Poster
Oct 19, 2001, 04:07 PM

"Any idea of what the expiration dates are on the last few betas (12xx, 13xx)?"

Just guessing here, but it wouldn't surprise me if they end on November 1. Delivery of the retail version is scheduled for "early November."
/mal

Agasthya
Professional Poster
Oct 19, 2001, 05:08 PM

Originally posted by bobrocke:
<STRONG>Any idea of what the expiration dates are on the last few betas (12xx, 13xx)?</STRONG>
december 1st I do believe.

-agasthya

michaelb
Mac Elite
Oct 20, 2001, 08:18 AM

I'd always wondered why they put the "v" in "Office v. X" but then I started pronouncing it the way you guys write it.

"Office Sex"

Hmm... controversial! Can't have that going on in Redmond.

eno
Banned
Oct 20, 2001, 10:40 AM

Originally posted by dark3lf:
<STRONG>Those questions are best asked in the irc channel you downloaded your pirated build from. No one knows as it hasn't even been released yet.</STRONG>
God I get sick of this anti-piracy crap from self-righteous moral do-gooders and the l-users who are just jealous because they don't have da mad skillz ta warez the buildz.

gorgonzola
Admin Emeritus
Oct 20, 2001, 11:00 AM

Moving to OS X Third Party Apps.

(You knew it was coming. )

thanks
-gzl.
"Do not be too positive about things. You may be in error." (C. F. Lawlor, The Mixicologist)

dark3lf
Mac Elite
Oct 20, 2001, 11:05 AM

Originally posted by eno:
<STRONG>

God I get sick of this anti-piracy crap from self-righteous moral do-gooders and the l-users who are just jealous because they don't have da mad skillz ta warez the buildz.</STRONG>
Sucks for you if you can't afford it.

Person Man
Professional Poster
Oct 20, 2001, 12:07 PM

Originally posted by eno:
<STRONG>

God I get sick of this anti-piracy crap from self-righteous moral do-gooders and the l-users who are just jealous because they don't have da mad skillz ta warez the buildz.</STRONG>
No. This type of public forum is NOT the place to come and get help with pirated ANYTHING. If MacNN did that, then they could face certain legal consequences. AFAIK, the policy around here is that people can make comments on prerelease software, but they can't ask for help or give help around here.

For the most part, people who LEGITIMATELY have the software in question, there are usually legitimate avenues they can turn to to get help (Apple Developers excluded, but that's a different story entirely).

<Macsrule>
Oct 20, 2001, 02:44 PM

Hey.. Apple Store Albany theater announced in store availability of retail version on Nov 8th. I hadn't seen this elsewhere yet.

electroJerm
Forum Regular
Oct 20, 2001, 02:45 PM

Originally posted by Person Man:
<STRONG>

No. This type of public forum is NOT the place to come and get help with pirated ANYTHING. If MacNN did that, then they could face certain legal consequences. AFAIK, the policy around here is that people can make comments on prerelease software, but they can't ask for help or give help around here.

For the most part, people who LEGITIMATELY have the software in question, there are usually legitimate avenues they can turn to to get help (Apple Developers excluded, but that's a different story entirely).</STRONG>
Um... lighten up... Not one person in this thread has asked for help. From what I've seen, its nothing but comments anyway. Whether the people making those coments have legal or illegal copies is and should be none of your concern. I agree that if this thread became a "How do I get &lt;pirated build&gt; of Office v. X to work on my mac?" then it would be a violation. But its really annoying when people try to impose their beliefs on others. (IE: Spanish Inquisition, Nazi Germany, Stalinist Russia, and me making forum posts with my own personal opinion.)
My name is Jeremy Cogan, and my thoughts are here: JeremyCogan.com

<urp>
Oct 20, 2001, 04:19 PM

oh there it is--the reference to nazi germany. mods shut this thread down.

perhaps YOU should lighten up. telling someone to go elsewhere to get info on pirating software [that after all is the policy of these boards] != the death of millions. so get a life or learn to draw better analogies.

chris_h
Mac Elite
Oct 21, 2001, 01:11 AM

Originally posted by Person Man:

No. This type of public forum is NOT the place to come and get help with pirated ANYTHING. If MacNN did that, then they could face certain legal consequences.
What legal consequences would those be?
I'll stick my neck out here and say none.

-chris

scarab
Forum Regular
Oct 21, 2001, 01:28 AM

Originally posted by michaelb:
<STRONG>I'd always wondered why they put the "v" in "Office v. X" but then I started pronouncing it the way you guys write it.

"Office Sex"

Hmm... controversial! Can't have that going on in Redmond.</STRONG>
Maybe it was meant to be read as "Office vEx"

malvolio
Professional Poster
Oct 22, 2001, 09:36 AM

Using ResEdit to look around M$ Word in Office v.X, I came across the version listing. It says build 1312, Final (not beta).
This is the version that's usually listed as "b15."
/mal

pastusza
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 22, 2001, 12:42 PM

Does anyone know if Office v.X will support long file names. From what I understand none of the current builds do. It would be real disappointing to have Office stuck with 32 character filenames.
Andy Pastuszak
amp68(spammenot)-at-verizon.net

Forum Links
Forum Rules