Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Epson printers & Mac OS X

Epson printers & Mac OS X
BigMark
Mac Enthusiast
May 4, 2002, 08:53 PM

Anyone interested in finding out whether their Epson printer is supported in Mac OS X should have a read of this :
http://support.epson.com/webadvice/wa0301.html

palmberg
Senior User
May 7, 2002, 03:13 PM

I just spent 90 minutes trying to figure out why an Epson COLOR 900 stopped printing from a G4 iMac running OS X 10.1.

I think the problem is that this machine needs to print from Classic and OS X. I have two different drivers installed for the same printer, one under Classic and one within OS X. Once you print from Classic, you have to go into the PrintMonitor, delete the printer, then add it again before you can go back and print from OS X.

There's got to be a better way. Am I doing something wrong?
I keep the Bible in a pool of blood so that none of its words can affect me.

xenu
Senior User
May 7, 2002, 11:05 PM

I have the C70, and it prints just fine in OS X.

It comes with OS 9 drivers, which was a pain, but I found some OS X drivers, and have had no problems.
http://tech.epson.com.au/downloads/d...es_inkjet.html
Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it, you'd have good people doing good things and evil people doing bad things, but for good people to do bad things, it takes religion - Steven Weinberg.

MickS
Senior User
May 8, 2002, 07:16 AM

One thing worth noting is that the order that you install Epson printer specific drivers on OS X is important.

I have a 900N (ethernet support) and a 1290. I installed the 900N driver and used the printer with no problems at all. I installed the 1290 driver and could print to the 1290. When I tried to print to the 900N the print center couldn't find it and all sorts of applications had problems with it. I reinstalled the 900N software and can now print to either printer.

It would appear that the 1290 software overwrote some of the stuff that the 900N driver needs to function

ja
May 8, 2002, 06:32 PM

I visited the epson url - no 1290 driver although someone else mentioned that they installed one.
Is it somewhere else or will the 1270 or 1280 drivers work for a 1290 printer?

Originally posted by BigMark:
<STRONG>Anyone interested in finding out whether their Epson printer is supported in Mac OS X should have a read of this :
http://support.epson.com/webadvice/wa0301.html</STRONG>

rickray1
May 8, 2002, 07:38 PM

FWIW....

I find that when I switch from OS 9 to OS X, (or vice versa), I have to run the "Print Center" application (OS X) and start a que from that application.
The switching in operating systems seems to make the printer stop. Print Center will fix it. Kind of a pain, but it works.

On my laptop with OSX only ..... never any problems printing :-)

*go into the Applications/Utilities/Print Center

Rick
Drink PepsiOne ! It tastes GREAT!

xenu
Senior User
May 8, 2002, 07:57 PM

EPSON STYLUS PHOTO 1290 inkjet printer files
http://tech.epson.com.au/downloads/p...=Search+%3E%3E
Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it, you'd have good people doing good things and evil people doing bad things, but for good people to do bad things, it takes religion - Steven Weinberg.

Forum Links
Forum Rules