Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > 92%battery left, status bar shows 55min?

92%battery left, status bar shows 55min?
Bruck
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 1, 2003, 07:47 PM

This doesnt seem like it makes any sense. Running 10.2.7 brand new pbal15

i had all the settings at the highest and my isight plugged in. Now i changed the settings, but the estimate did not go up...

what was that application to time the battery life?

also. when i got it i did the following

1) use till it turns itself off
2) charge till full
3) unplug, use till it turns off
4) fully recharge.

During step 2 and 4, i was using it and it was on. I think i did this correctly, now it is ok to use it plugged in most of the time? correct?

Thanks
| MBA Student | MacAddict | CarAddict | PhotoNut | Dork | PhishHead |

LfGrdMike
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 1, 2003, 07:49 PM

Well their is a bug in 10.2.7 to .8 but apple is working on it.

YOur batter will drain sometimes but not a lot it will simply charge back up. For example mine goes down to 94% bfore it realises its not fully charged then it charges. Right now mine is stuck at 99 and this is normal. I assume this is what you mean. Furthermore the battery indicator is on crack in the latest jaguar patches. Apple has to fix this lol.

You have more power than you think in that battery, or more than what you c the indicator telling you. Bottom line dont trust the indicator. Most of the time its pulling readings from up its you know what if it had one.
MacBook Pro 15" Rev B | 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | 2GB Mem | 160GB HD | Display 15 Glossy Widescreen Display
iPod Mini Green | 35 gigs of music :-)
HP DV1040us Laptop | 1.6 Pentium M | 1GB RAM | Centrino

Sakino
Senior User
Oct 1, 2003, 07:58 PM

I will be posting an update with times later tonight. I hope to go thru about 2 cycles. I am not happy with my battery life. With little to no usage I was getting 1 and half hours on 10.2.7. I loaded the lastest version of 10.3 today because I seen my roommates battery life increase as much as 50-80% on his ti.
I think my powerbook is going back anyways. I'm probably going to demand a NEW ONE

Forum Links
Forum Rules