Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > 2 mac.com homepages on one Mac?

2 mac.com homepages on one Mac?
BigMark
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 26, 2002, 10:10 PM

does anyone have a trick to maintaining 2 mac.com homepages on their Mac?

I want to set up another iTools account, but it seems I have to delete all previous iTools cookies /plugins before I can do this.

thanks

vmarks
Moderator Emeritus
Mar 26, 2002, 11:04 PM

not so at all.
set up the accounts, and then search OS X Developer forum for Synotic's iDisk Mounter application.
It will let you mount as many iDisks as you like.

When you want to do the site creation using the iTools web page, you can do that by going to the iTools site and logging out, and then logging in with the different accnt.
If this post is in the Lounge forum, it is likely to be my own opinion, and not representative of the position of MacNN.com.

BigMark  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 26, 2002, 11:13 PM

Originally posted by vmarks:
<STRONG>not so at all.
set up the accounts, and then search OS X Developer forum for Synotic's iDisk Mounter application.
It will let you mount as many iDisks as you like.

When you want to do the site creation using the iTools web page, you can do that by going to the iTools site and logging out, and then logging in with the different accnt.</STRONG>
OK thanks for that. I was forgetting about the 'Logout' tab at the top of their pages!

imperiale
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 27, 2002, 04:08 AM

Forget about Synotic's iDisk Mounter. You can mount multiple iDisks by using the "Connect to Server" option found under "Go" in the Finder's menu bar. For an address, just type: afp://idisk.mac.com You will then have to enter your iTools username and password. This can be done multiple times.

BigMark  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 27, 2002, 05:44 AM

Yeah, I was going to say I've never really warmed to iDisk Mounter- it's essentially an AppleScript which seemed to take just as long to mount the iDisk w/o taking away any of the usual hassle.

iDisk Manager is an alternative (I was using both these in OS 9, BTW) but it needs some cosmetic polishing off before I'd feel comfortable using it.

In Mac OS 9, the Network Browser is the way to go if you want to open the iDisk using the afp protocol.

Forum Links
Forum Rules