Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > MB/MBP Software Update 1.1 addresses lagging keyboards

MB/MBP Software Update 1.1 addresses lagging keyboards
frdmfghtr
Senior User
Dec 18, 2007, 07:38 PM

In Software Update, I got this today:

This update addresses a responsiveness issue on MacBook and MacBook Pro notebook computers. Some MacBook and MacBook Pro systems may occasionally experience a temporary suspension of keyboard input which can last a minute or longer. The Mac OS X 10.5.1 update is required before installing the MacBook, MacBook Pro Software Update 1.1.
Here is the Apple website:

Apple - Support - Downloads - MacBook, MacBook Pro Software Update 1.1
( Last edited by frdmfghtr; Dec 18, 2007 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Found the support site entry)

JustinHorne
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 18, 2007, 07:42 PM

I just came here to post that, finally. Hope it works.

frdmfghtr  (op)
Senior User
Dec 18, 2007, 07:47 PM

I installed it and restarted without a hitch. I hope it works too; until I heard it was a widespread problem, I thought it was me not quite getting used to the keyboard.

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 19, 2007, 09:51 AM

What I find strange is that the keyboard issue only started a few weeks ago for me. I've had my new MacBook since the week after they came out (October/November?) and the keyboard has been fine up until a few weeks ago when it started randomly stopped working.

Strange.

analogika
Posting Junkie
Dec 19, 2007, 01:12 PM

It didn't happen to my machine unless I had it in safe sleep and the battery drained completely during that time.

Since that doesn't happen all that often, it's quite possible you didn't see the problem for a while?

Forum Links
Forum Rules