Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Alien spotted!!

Alien spotted!!
amsalpemkcus
Mac Elite
Aug 18, 2002, 01:26 PM

http://www.geocities.com/sfritz2994/other/other.htm

What's the first question one would ask him, if he figured english out in 2 seconds?
( Last edited by amsalpemkcus; Aug 18, 2002 at 02:55 PM. )

mchladek
Mac Elite
Aug 18, 2002, 01:31 PM

Why do you need such big eyes?

Apple Pro Underwear
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 18, 2002, 01:37 PM

how many other alien races are out there.

of course...existence of alien(s) wreaks havok on a lot of religions right?

L'enfanTerrible
Mac Elite
Aug 18, 2002, 01:47 PM

I can't see the pic.. Got link?

Montezuma58
Senior User
Aug 18, 2002, 02:19 PM

Originally posted by Apple Pro Underwear:
how many other alien races are out there.

of course...existence of alien(s) wreaks havok on a lot of religions right?
The religious right are aliens. They were planted here. Their mission: condition the earthlings to believe they are the only intelligent life in the universe in order to make the real invasion a surprise.

mchladek
Mac Elite
Aug 18, 2002, 03:42 PM

Originally posted by Montezuma58:

The religious right are aliens. They were planted here. Their mission: condition the earthlings to believe they are the only intelligent life in the universe in order to make the real invasion a surprise.
Does that mean that Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy are all aliens?

Zimphire
Baninated
Aug 18, 2002, 04:22 PM

I've read allot about Alien encounters and the like. Esp people that went through astrial projection and met some. 90% of the time Jesus's name gets mentioned, sometimes the contactees even meet him, and he always professes NOT to be the son of God, and that he didn't die for our sins.

My question would be, why travel all that time just to tell use Jesus didn't die for our sins?

Doesn't make sense.

Well it does.. but...

eep!
Mac Elite
Aug 18, 2002, 08:01 PM

The religious aliens were sent to enslave us (as already stated) and Jesus was an inter-planetary freedom fighter trying to help us before we really needed it.

ok, my imagination is getting all worked up now. time to switch off and get some coffee

Footy
Mac Elite
Aug 18, 2002, 08:54 PM

Notice the "view count"? People love to hear about Aliens!

I think the universe is just to big not to have another intelligent life form out there.

I'd ask him not to probe me with anything.

L'enfanTerrible
Mac Elite
Aug 18, 2002, 09:20 PM

I don't think there are any other intelligent/technological civilizations out there.. here's why:

Our society has only been noticeably advanced for, at the most, 5 thousand years.. And we've only been technological for a few hundred years. I expect we will be a civilization for a few hundred more at the VERY most, because I don't have too optimistic of a view of our society.

Now that leaves a window of about 6 thousand years or so that a society is technological, but for arguments sake we could raise that to even 100 thousand years bcos we've had language for about that long, I suspect. But the universe is so old. It's been around for an estimated 14 billion years. What are the chances of two societies popping up and advancing at the same time? I think the chances are almost nil.. that doesn't mean there isn't life out there, of course there is. But the odds of two advanced civilizations is nil, IMO.

mchladek
Mac Elite
Aug 18, 2002, 09:31 PM

Originally posted by L'enfanTerrible:
I don't think there are any other intelligent/technological civilizations out there.. here's why:

Our society has only been noticeably advanced for, at the most, 5 thousand years.. And we've only been technological for a few hundred years. I expect we will be a civilization for a few hundred more at the VERY most, because I don't have too optimistic of a view of our society.

Now that leaves a window of about 6 thousand years or so that a society is technological, but for arguments sake we could raise that to even 100 thousand years bcos we've had language for about that long, I suspect. But the universe is so old. It's been around for an estimated 14 billion years. What are the chances of two societies popping up and advancing at the same time? I think the chances are almost nil.. that doesn't mean there isn't life out there, of course there is. But the odds of two advanced civilizations is nil, IMO.
I see what you're getting at. However, just because a planet exists doesn't mean life will evolve there. As such, just because an advanced civilisation comes into being doesn't mean it will destroy itself. We can't say that all intelligent life is going to mimic human life. We might be the anomaly. Other intelligent life (if we can even be considered intelligent on the galactic scale) may not have the same problems we have created for our planet.

jcadam
Mac Elite
Aug 18, 2002, 09:34 PM

Originally posted by L'enfanTerrible:

Written history begins about 6,000 years ago. We have no written records of earlier times (except for religious texts, of course ).

Events that transpired before the beginning of our written records are based on scientific investigation mixed with conjecture. Nobody REALLY knows (except for God, if you believe).
Caffeinated Rhino Software -- Education and Training management software

jcadam
Mac Elite
Aug 18, 2002, 09:38 PM

Originally posted by mchladek:

I see what you're getting at. However, just because a planet exists doesn't mean life will evolve there. As such, just because an advanced civilisation comes into being doesn't mean it will destroy itself. We can't say that all intelligent life is going to mimic human life. We might be the anomaly. Other intelligent life (if we can even be considered intelligent on the galactic scale) may not have the same problems we have created for our planet.
I tend to think that our planet is abnormally fertile to the extreme. Other intelligent races out there may not have the problems (political issues, etc.), or benefits (there are a few) that accompany a large population, simply because their worlds cannot support billions of people.

Edit: obscene grammatical error
Caffeinated Rhino Software -- Education and Training management software

amsalpemkcus  (op)
Mac Elite
Aug 18, 2002, 10:13 PM

is more believable than those large stupid lookin eyes

vmpaul
Professional Poster
Aug 19, 2002, 12:53 AM

Originally posted by jcadam:

I tend to think that our planet is abnormally fertile to the extreme. Other intelligent races out there may not have the problems (political issues, etc.), or benefits (there are a few) that accompany a large population, simply because their worlds cannot support billions of people.
I sort of agree with your theory. I think you need large populations to reach a high level of techincal advancement. The advances that come from solving all the problems of sustaining a large population inevitably lead to scientific advancment.

If you do have a large population then you must've solved the basics - agriculture on a large scale, poltical solutions other than war, etc., etc..

But I don't think we're abnormally fertile. That's a stretch.

Ca$h68
Banned
Aug 19, 2002, 11:46 AM

"What happened to your dong?"

heh

- Ca$h

Forum Links
Forum Rules