Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > battery indicator problem after replacing power adaptor

battery indicator problem after replacing power adaptor
yugyug
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 4, 2008, 02:31 PM

So I replaced the my MBP 85watt power adaptor because of its frayed cable (1 month out of warranty..... don't get me started on this) but anyway since I have started using the new one, my battery does not indicate, after it has been unplugged for some time, that it has gone into "reserve" power and the battery indicator on the screen does not turn red in the last 5 to 15 minutes as it used to..... so whats up? Its pretty annoying as suddenly the computer will die with no warning ... oh yeah and that special sleep startup thing it used to do (though not always) never happens anymore. So I guess my battery has a problem or is this something to do with the OS or the new power adaptor.....

all help much appreciated, cheers!
ππ>_<ππ

seanc
Moderator Emeritus
Jul 4, 2008, 02:49 PM

Try resetting the SMU.

From the Apple site:

MacBook, MacBook Pro

1. If the computer is on, turn it off.
2. Disconnect the AC Adapter and remove the computer's battery.
3. Press and hold down the power button for 5 seconds and then release the button.
4. Reconnect the battery and AC Adapter.
5. Press the Power button to restart the computer.

Forum Links
Forum Rules