Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Import question

Import question
MacMcMacintosh
Jun 6, 2005, 08:46 AM

I recently had to wipe my Hd and indoing so i lost all of my itunes library. Ive got everything on my ipod and at the moment im reimporting my cds again onto my powerbook.

Before i had iTunes set to update my iPod automatically, what i don't want to do is plug in my ipod and to loose all my music that is already on there. Is it possible to change to preferences fromm auto to manual update so i can add new music as i import it? The reason i ask is becuase you cant change the iPod preferences until you've plugged it in. I've heard that if you have the preferences open when you plug in your iPod it doesn't do the automatic update, is this true? Just want to make sure before i try it.

Thanks for any help you can give

MacMcMacintosh  (op)
Jun 7, 2005, 11:38 AM

anyone? sorry i am the world most impatiant person.....ever

Ambassadeur
Dedicated MacNNer
Location: Transatlantic flight, first class, third row, aisle seat
Jun 7, 2005, 12:35 PM

I knew there was some shortcut to do that...

Quoted from somewhere at ipodlounge.com:

"From the iTunes keyboard shortcuts under the help menu: Command-Option as you connect the iPod to your computer (hold the keys down until the iPod appears in the iTunes Source list)"

BTW, there are also programs to copy the music on your ipod back to your mac, just a sugggestion...
- What is your nationality?
- I'm a drunkard. That makes me a citizen of the world.

Hodog16
Jun 7, 2005, 09:26 PM

Senuti worked really well to import files from my iPod back to my mac, gotta donate some money to the author just for saving me so much time (4,500+ songs!)

Forum Links
Forum Rules