Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Apple in talks to buy Twitter for $700m

Apple in talks to buy Twitter for $700m (Page 3)
Phileas
Mac Elite
Jun 16, 2009, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by - - e r i k - - View Post
Which is annoying for everyone. Twitter and Facebook should be kept separate, they are not overlapping.
Indeed. I hate it when I get identical updates on multiple platforms.

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Jun 16, 2009, 11:59 PM

In that case, I don't think I'll be able to win at the social networking game. There are too few hours in the workday.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

SSharon
Professional Poster
Jun 17, 2009, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by - - e r i k - - View Post
Which is annoying for everyone. Twitter and Facebook should be kept separate, they are not overlapping.
Seconded. I send out very different messages on facebook and twitter. Surprisingly I consider twitter to be more professional, as in future employers are more likely to read a few of my tweets by googling my name than reading the junk on my wall on facebook.

Getting the same updates in both places and seeing RTs as part of a facebook status update are kind of annoying.
AT&T iPhone 5S and 6; 13" MBP; MDD G4.

Forum Links
Forum Rules