Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Firefox bookmarks

Firefox bookmarks
TheoCryst
Mac Elite
Feb 2, 2006, 01:48 PM

Sorry about the resurrection last night; I was on the forum while I should have been sleeping.

Anywho, I use Safari, but would love to switch over to Firefox for several reasons. Primarily, I just prefer the Gecko rendering engine to that of Safari. Also, I prefer both the UI and the extensability of Ff (brushed metal just doesn't do it for me). Finally, I've been using Ff on Windows since the second beta release of 1.0 waaay back when Internet Explorer still had over 95% of the browser market. It's just more comfortable for me than any other browser, even Camino.

However, there is one niggling problem that has kept me from switching back: the bookmarks. Simply stated, is there any way to get the Fox to show favicons (both the default globe and custom ones) next to names in the Bookmarks menu?

Any ramblings are entirely my own, and do not represent those of my employers, coworkers, friends, or species

mduell
Posting Junkie
Feb 2, 2006, 04:54 PM

Firefox shows favicons next to bookmarks by default.

TheoCryst  (op)
Mac Elite
Feb 2, 2006, 06:37 PM

Well I've got 1.5.0.1 installed, and they don't. All folders and the bookmarks themselves are solely text, with no picture next to them at all. (Please note that I'm describing the Bookmarks menu item at the top of the screen, not a folder on the Bookmarks toolbar.)

Any ramblings are entirely my own, and do not represent those of my employers, coworkers, friends, or species

wataru
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 2, 2006, 07:59 PM

He means in the Bookmarks menu in the system-wide menubar. There is no way to do this, as far as I know. Why not just keep your bookmarks in a folder in the Bookmarks Toolbar folder? Then you can access them, with favicons, from the bookmarks toolbar.

Forum Links
Forum Rules