Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > Burning long mp3's as tracks

Burning long mp3's as tracks
DamnDJ
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 4, 2003, 01:14 PM

Hi everyone,

I am looking for an audio burning program that will allow me to take one large MP3 file, set "markers" at different points in the audio, and then burn it to CD as different tracks.

For example, I make my own DJ mixes which I record onto my computer. The result is one large .wav (or .mp3) file which contains up to 13 different songs total. When I burn the CD, I get one long 73 minute track. I'd like to be able to use some sort of program that I can place markers at the points where one song mixes into another so that the CD will have 13 separate tracks, just like a CD you'd buy at the store.

I'd rather not be forced to physically separate the tracks, save them to disk, and then burn 13 different files. There's a program for windows called Feurio which allows you to see the entire length of the file, set markers, and it'll burn the mp3/wav file with track markers. I think Nero does this as well but it's not as nice.

Is there anything like this for OS X? Thanks for any assistance.

DamnDJ  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 4, 2003, 02:03 PM

Well I came upon a sight that provided some help, but it seems like the best solution is a multi-step, multi-program operation. Was hoping for something a little more "All in one".

Oh well.

scottiB
Professional Poster
Jul 4, 2003, 02:38 PM

Roxio's Jam will do it. It ain't cheap, but I bought it for that reason (and cross-fades, etc.).
I am stupidest when I try to be funny.

Forum Links
Forum Rules