Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > Got it!

Got it!
surferboy
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 2, 2004, 09:44 AM

A poster on the phpbb forum pointed out that if I am using php5, it won't work unless I use a new, currently unsupported version of phpbb. I downloaded it- and sure enough it works!

I am still happy to buy the book - what can I expect to learn from it?

Do you all recommend not using php5? I am not sure why I have it- may be because I was briefly using a the GUI MAMP- that may have installed php5- or it was just on my mac?

Thanks again!

philzilla
Occasionally Useful
Nov 2, 2004, 09:49 AM

for that reason, and similar reasons, i'd say you should stick with php4 (which is all covered in the book, but this isn't a thread about my book)

also, can please do the forum a service, and keep all your phpbb troubles contained to one thread? it gets a bit confusing if there's 3 threads from the same user about the same problem.
"Have sharp knives. Be creative. Cook to music" ~ maxelson

surferboy  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 2, 2004, 10:22 AM

Originally posted by surferboy:
A poster on the phpbb forum pointed out that if I am using php5, it won't work unless I use a new, currently unsupported version of phpbb. I downloaded it- and sure enough it works!

I am still happy to buy the book - what can I expect to learn from it?

Do you all recommend not using php5? I am not sure why I have it- may be because I was briefly using a the GUI MAMP- that may have installed php5- or it was just on my mac?

Thanks again!
I agree. The sleep deprivation is getting to me- didn't realize what I was doing.

I will buy the book. Can I get it at borders- or only online?

philzilla
Occasionally Useful
Nov 2, 2004, 10:39 AM

Borders, Fry's, Amazon, the Apple Store @ 1 Infinite Loop...
"Have sharp knives. Be creative. Cook to music" ~ maxelson

surferboy  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 2, 2004, 11:26 AM

Originally posted by philzilla:
Borders, Fry's, Amazon, the Apple Store @ 1 Infinite Loop...
Looking forward to it. Will try to make a trip to Borders today. Then, I need Father Time to give me 30 hours a day, so I can do my daytime job and still make time to learn all this stuff!

Forum Links
Forum Rules