Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > intel imacs and shared printers

intel imacs and shared printers
juusan
Forum Regular
Feb 11, 2006, 04:46 PM

has anyone else had problems with their new duo-core machine and shared printing?

I've got two shared printers on my network, an epson stylus photo 750 and a stylus C6400 (all in one). I can print to them from any machine except the intel imac. the printer window pops up with the job, and then it sits on "waiting for job to complete" forever until I cancel out.

I've tried installing the drivers from epson, but it doesn't make a difference.

grrrrrr.
-> 20" iMac Core Duo, 1GB RAM, lame superdrive that burns at 2x
-> MacBook Pro 2GHz Core Duo, 2GB RAM
-> MacBook 2.16GHz Core Duo, 2GB RAM

©öñFü$íóÑ
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 11, 2006, 04:55 PM

Just to double check that you're using the up-to-date one....check this list

If you've used whatever was available on that page, and it still doesn't work, I guess there's nothing left for you to do but wait.

Otherwise, you could submit those bug reports to Epson's technical support

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Feb 11, 2006, 10:51 PM

Are you sure you're selecting the right driver on the Core Duo? I have a CX4600, and often enough my iBook has auto-selected the wrong, generic Rendezvous driver instead of the Epson driver. When that occurs a generic printer icon is shown in the Dock instead of the CX icon, and I get the same "waiting for" message. Make sure you're selecting the CX printer found in the "Shared Printers" menu instead of the one in Rendezvous (I mean Bonjour) Printers.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

juusan  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 12, 2006, 05:36 AM

gimp didn't work, and reinstalling the printer drivers from the install disk didn't work at first either. I finally gave it up, and it suddenly started printing a few hours later.

*shrug*

JKT
Professional Poster
Feb 12, 2006, 08:44 AM

There have been reports on macfixit.com of the Intel iMacs suffering from very slow networking - I wonder if this is an occurrence of that?

juusan  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 12, 2006, 02:55 PM

hrmm, possibly. this would be painfully slow though.

SMacTech
Mac Elite
Feb 12, 2006, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by juusan
has anyone else had problems with their new duo-core machine and shared printing?

I've got two shared printers on my network, an epson stylus photo 750 and a stylus C6400 (all in one). I can print to them from any machine except the intel imac. the printer window pops up with the job, and then it sits on "waiting for job to complete" forever until I cancel out.

I've tried installing the drivers from epson, but it doesn't make a difference.

grrrrrr.

My shared Epson 870 worked first time without a hitch. Discounting the 30 seconds it took for the shared printers to show.

And so has any networking that I have done so far to my XP Pro via SMB, G4 powerMac via AFP, Dave and SMB. I haven't noticed any speed penalties as JKT suggested others have reported.

juusan  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 21, 2006, 01:56 AM

so, just as my printing problem suddenly fixed itself, it seems to have just as suddenly UN-fixed itself. now when I print, the print manager sits at "waiting for job to complete" until I cancel the job.

anyone else having weird intermittent printing problems with their new imacs, either across a network or otherwise??

Forum Links
Forum Rules