Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > New Macbook maybe around the corner

New Macbook maybe around the corner
hatim
Forum Regular
Sep 14, 2006, 10:24 AM

I heard that there maybe changes to the macbook soon. An Applestore here says that they are not ordering stock right now becuase at a conference that was held they were told the macbooks may get some changes.

mduell
Posting Junkie
Sep 14, 2006, 06:12 PM

All of the other large OEMs announced Core 2 Duo laptops a couple weeks ago... Apple is expected to do it any day now.

Dillon-K
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 15, 2006, 02:29 AM

NOO! Apple can NOT update the MacBooks! I won't have it! I just got mine less than two weeks ago! they can't! noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

(in all reality, they might; ignore this post)
Black MacBook 2.0GHz Core Duo, 1GB RAM.
Logitech V270 Bluetooth mouse, Brenthaven Metro (black).

wancothesane
Sep 15, 2006, 04:04 AM

how'd you get them to talk? lol i asked an employee at my local store when i should buy one but he kept tight lipped about it, he can't legally comment on any rumors.

well, keep us updated. i was actually thinking of buying a MBP today.. but i guess i'll play the waiting game longer.

drnkn_stylz
Senior User
Sep 15, 2006, 10:32 AM

Sh*t I dunno what to do now! I want a free iPod so I want to order today or tomorrow, but it may end up being a bad idea if the update is coming anyday now. GAH!!!
..13" MacBook Pro | 2.53gHz | 4gb RAM | 320gb Seagate Momentus XT | OSX.6.6.. // iPhone 4 32gb

HouseSold
Senior User
Sep 15, 2006, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by drnkn_stylz
Sh*t I dunno what to do now! I want a free iPod so I want to order today or tomorrow, but it may end up being a bad idea if the update is coming anyday now. GAH!!!
When the Apple promos end is usually around when new stuff shows up. (if history repeats itself again and again and again)

Wait for Santa Rosa in the spring for a real boost.

You also have a 14 day grace period for Apple stuff from Apple.

TommyR
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 15, 2006, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Dillon-K
NOO! Apple can NOT update the MacBooks! I won't have it! I just got mine less than two weeks ago! they can't! noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

(in all reality, they might; ignore this post)

R-E-L-A-X! Enjoy the goodness of the Macbook you have and don't worry about it. The one you have is awesome enough believe me.

Tom
(Who never tries to keep up with the Joneses.)

cmeisenzahl
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 16, 2006, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by hatim
I heard that there maybe changes to the macbook soon. An Applestore here says that they are not ordering stock right now becuase at a conference that was held they were told the macbooks may get some changes.
Wouldn't surprise me, I fully expect to see Core 2 Duo MacBooks by year end. Really hope so too. ;-)

drnkn_stylz
Senior User
Sep 16, 2006, 10:54 PM

I may just order within a week then. I'll be upset if there isn't an update by then since I missed out on a free iPod....
..13" MacBook Pro | 2.53gHz | 4gb RAM | 320gb Seagate Momentus XT | OSX.6.6.. // iPhone 4 32gb

HouseSold
Senior User
Sep 16, 2006, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by drnkn_stylz
I may just order within a week then. I'll be upset if there isn't an update by then since I missed out on a free iPod....
You still win either way.

The new Pods are nice and the MacBook rocks too, no matter which version of either, you score.

jasonsRX7
Mac Elite
Sep 16, 2006, 11:35 PM

I just bought a MacBook yesterday for myself at work, so it makes sense that they will get updated soon. It wouldn't bother me if it was just a processor upgrade, but if the screen was higher res, I'd be jealous.

optishin6
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 17, 2006, 02:08 PM

I just bought a MacBook yesterday and the estimated ship date is Oct. 4th. Doesn't that sound a little late?

Maybe they are waiting for new versions?

drnkn_stylz
Senior User
Sep 17, 2006, 02:18 PM

Wow Oct. 4th is a little late... It's only mid way into Sept...

optishin6
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 17, 2006, 06:07 PM

sorry..the arrival date was October 4th...the ship date is September 27. But that is still 10 days from the order date. Sounds a little late to me.

G5man
Forum Regular
Sep 17, 2006, 06:43 PM

If there is a delay with the standard configuration, this maybe a whoof of something to come.

Edit: Clarified it is the MacBook standard config is 5-7 buisness days meaning into next week at photokina with the special event. There maybe a new one around the corner.
( Last edited by G5man; Sep 17, 2006 at 06:54 PM. )
Mac mini 1.42 Ghz 1GB RAM 80 GB HD + 160 GB External HD

Nuks
Sep 17, 2006, 07:07 PM

^It's been like that for approx a week now.

optishin6
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 17, 2006, 07:14 PM

yeh..i ordered the basic basic config..the cheapest one I could get. No additions. It says 5-7 days on the site, but if they shipped on the 27th...that would be 8 business days from the ordering date. And it goes right into Photokina. Who knows...maybe I'll get lucky and they will switch to the Core 2 Duo

G5man
Forum Regular
Sep 17, 2006, 07:58 PM

Apple gives two weeks notice, if you order from within two weeks online, usually it takes longer. With my mini, I did not have to pay extra for Airport and BT when they went to revision B or C?
Mac mini 1.42 Ghz 1GB RAM 80 GB HD + 160 GB External HD

drnkn_stylz
Senior User
Sep 18, 2006, 03:29 AM

Hmm well it may be a pain to have to send the MacBook back after a week or two to get the new one, but we shall see what is going on in a week. My friend is buying my iBook so I wont be ordering it until I have the money and she is set up with everything. So yeah that will be in about a week.

frankthetank966
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 18, 2006, 08:37 AM

well i knew this was going to happen sooner or later. but it core 2 duo that much better than duo core?

p.s. my guess is they will release a new macbook next year in april same time they released the macbook.

drnkn_stylz
Senior User
Sep 18, 2006, 10:10 AM

It will not be that much better unless you do a lot of processor heavy work all the time.

Forum Links
Forum Rules