Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Sherlock Phone Book channel gripes

Sherlock Phone Book channel gripes
Montezuma58
Senior User
Oct 30, 2003, 03:57 PM

I've got a couple of issues with the Phone Book channel in Sherlock (I'm using v3.6 that installed with Panther). The first is a complaint the second I believe is a bug.

My complaint is that I'm not able to go back to previous results when there are more results than will fit on the screen. Eventually after clicking the maginfying glass to get more results enough times I end up with a blank page and no easy way to get back to the previous search results. The only way to get back is to do a new search then do the original search again. This is extremely annoying when attempting to browse for a business or look up somebody by last name only. Maybe there's an easy way to go back but it ain't obvious to me.

The other problem is just weird. If I enter a name and city to look up a somebody it works as long as I stay in the Phone Book channel. If I switch to another channel and back or quit and restart Sherlock I have problems. The city will stay the same in the location feild. If I don't change it the searches will be conducted on my home city even though it's showing a different city in the search criterea.

I think I'll just stick to using web pages for my directory searches. Sherlock is just too goofy.

Forum Links
Forum Rules