Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > The President Called a liar during speech.

The President Called a liar during speech. (Page 5)
stupendousman
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 19, 2009, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by hyteckit View Post
You are not answering the question.

My Vet know it's a dog. He's the one doing to operation on the dog. Oh course he knows it's a dog.
So you say that the vet is going to knowingly, beyond a reasonable doubt, request payment for services rendered that he knows he's not eligible to receive just by doing the procedure in question? I believe that's known as "fraud" and will land him in jail. The fact that it's highly likely that the doctor will go to jail if he does what you suggest IS a safeguard and a deterrent.

On the other hand, there's no similar "beyond a reasonable doubt" that can be proved if a doctor provides services to an illegal alien that they aren't required to actually see citizenship documentation on. You can't tell that someone is here illegally just by looking at them, therefore there is no deterrent for a doctor not to treat them and gain financially.

Your analogy fails.

My Vet knows it's a dog. The government doesn't.
A vet is only licensed to perform on animals. The government won't output payments to vets because animals are not citizens. You can tell a doctor is a vet by the little initials that come after their name - it's a pretty easy way to determine if a healthcare provider is treating humans. If a vet tries, they likely would be engaging in fraud and would end up in jail which is a huge deterrent and safeguard.

Seriously...you're going to have to do better.

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Sep 19, 2009, 09:33 AM

Obama lied. Folks, it's not even debatable. I've addressed the enforcement mechanism used in numerous other means-tested programs and satisfied the spirit of HR3200s intent to cover illegal immigrants, but have you ever wondered why the Latino community is not more vocal about such a hard-line "we aren't going to cover any illegals" speak?

“Even though I do not believe we can extend coverage to those who are here illegally, I also don’t simply believe we can simply ignore the fact that our immigration system is broken,” Mr. Obama said Wednesday evening in a speech to the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute. “That’s why I strongly support making sure folks who are here legally have access to affordable, quality health insurance under this plan, just like everybody else..." “... If anything, this debate underscores the necessity of passing comprehensive immigration reform and resolving the issue of 12 million undocumented people living and working in this country once and for all.” ~ Obama

Folks, can you honestly tell me he's not simply saying we're going to solve the illegal immigrant health care coverage problem by amnesty? C'mon folks. The only thing transparent about this Admin is its BS. Face it.
ebuddy

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Sep 19, 2009, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Obama
“That’s why I strongly support making sure folks who are here legally have access to affordable, quality health insurance under this plan, just like everybody else..."
Let's dissect this:

The following people will "have access to affordable, quality health insurance under this plan":
  • "folks who are here legally"
  • "everybody else..."

Am I missing something ?
Wouldn't illegal immigrants fall under "everybody else", just as a matter of logic in this sentence ?

-t

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 19, 2009, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by stupendousman View Post
So you say that the vet is going to knowingly, beyond a reasonable doubt, request payment for services rendered that he knows he's not eligible to receive just by doing the procedure in question? I believe that's known as "fraud" and will land him in jail. The fact that it's highly likely that the doctor will go to jail if he does what you suggest IS a safeguard and a deterrent.

On the other hand, there's no similar "beyond a reasonable doubt" that can be proved if a doctor provides services to an illegal alien that they aren't required to actually see citizenship documentation on. You can't tell that someone is here illegally just by looking at them, therefore there is no deterrent for a doctor not to treat them and gain financially.

Your analogy fails.

A vet is only licensed to perform on animals. The government won't output payments to vets because animals are not citizens. You can tell a doctor is a vet by the little initials that come after their name - it's a pretty easy way to determine if a healthcare provider is treating humans. If a vet tries, they likely would be engaging in fraud and would end up in jail which is a huge deterrent and safeguard.

Seriously...you're going to have to do better.
I'm pretty sure my pets are covered because there are no safeguards to determine if my dog is a US citizen.

In the HR 3200, it states veterinarians are included:

In this section, the term ‘health workforce’ includes all health care providers with direct patient care and support responsibilities, including physicians, nurses, physician assistants, pharmacists, oral health professionals (as defined in section 749(f)), allied health professionals, mental and behavioral professionals, and public health professionals (including veterinarians engaged in public health practice).
Bush Tax Cuts == Job Killer
June 2001: 132,047,000 employed
June 2003: 129,839,000 employed
2.21 million jobs were LOST after 2 years of Bush Tax Cuts.

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Sep 19, 2009, 06:45 PM

I don't know. If the same-sex marriage slippery slope is going to eventually lead to marriages with animals, we may start to see increasing reasonable doubt about the citizenship status of animals.

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 19, 2009, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Wiskedjak View Post
I don't know. If the same-sex marriage slippery slope is going to eventually lead to marriages with animals, we may start to see increasing reasonable doubt about the citizenship status of animals.
You bring up a very good point.

We all know that Pres. Obama is going to legalize all illegal immigrants.
Next Pres. Obama will legalize same-sex marriage.
From there, it's a slippery slope to human-pet marriage and US citizenship for animals.

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 19, 2009, 08:27 PM

Conservatives believe Pets will be covered under HR 3200 bill. From freerepublic to liberty.edu.

http://www.liberty.edu/media/9980/at...ama_072909.pdf

Sec. 340M, Pg. 899 - The Public Health Workforce Corps includes veterinarians. Will animals have heath care too?
Just google:

"Will animals have heath care" HR3200 - Google Search

Yes, you have to misspell healthcare as "heath care".

I don't blame freerepublic and liberty.edu for not knowing how to spell "health care"

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Sep 19, 2009, 08:30 PM

You bring up a very good point.

We all know that Pres. Obama is going to legalize all illegal immigrants.
Next Pres. Obama will legalize same-sex marriage.
From there, it's a slippery slope to human-pet marriage and US citizenship for animals.
Who said anything about legalize? It'll be "required*.

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 19, 2009, 08:40 PM

Who said anything about legalize? It'll be "required*.
As long as my pets will be covered under the HR 3200, I can deal with that.

But I will not be forced by Pres. Obama to have sex with my pet That's where I draw the line.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Sep 19, 2009, 08:44 PM

hyteckit, do you think you're funny or witty ?

You're not. Your drivel is f***ing annoying.

-t

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Sep 19, 2009, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by turtle777 View Post

-t
I think it's pretty funny when two arguments get merged together and highlight just how foolish they can be.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Sep 19, 2009, 08:58 PM

I think it's pretty funny when two arguments get merged together and highlight just how foolish they can be.
Funny ?

Yeah, in the beginning maybe. Now we're at

-t

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Sep 19, 2009, 09:33 PM

We should let illegal immigrants rule over us. Oh, but only if they're gay!

Oh-ho, I sure stuck it to those liberals right now. Because making fun of straw men is exactly the same thing as intelligent satire, apparently.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Sep 19, 2009, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Chuckit View Post
We should let illegal immigrants rule over us. Oh, but only if they're gay!
Now you're being silly. They should be gay dogs!

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 20, 2009, 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by ebuddy View Post
Obama lied. Folks, it's not even debatable. I've addressed the enforcement mechanism used in numerous other means-tested programs and satisfied the spirit of HR3200s intent to cover illegal immigrants, but have you ever wondered why the Latino community is not more vocal about such a hard-line "we aren't going to cover any illegals" speak?

“Even though I do not believe we can extend coverage to those who are here illegally, I also don’t simply believe we can simply ignore the fact that our immigration system is broken,” Mr. Obama said Wednesday evening in a speech to the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute. “That’s why I strongly support making sure folks who are here legally have access to affordable, quality health insurance under this plan, just like everybody else..." “... If anything, this debate underscores the necessity of passing comprehensive immigration reform and resolving the issue of 12 million undocumented people living and working in this country once and for all.” ~ Obama

Folks, can you honestly tell me he's not simply saying we're going to solve the illegal immigrant health care coverage problem by amnesty? C'mon folks. The only thing transparent about this Admin is its BS. Face it.

Without SAVE being mentioned in the HR 3200 bill as a requirement, there's no way to determine whether the application for eligibility credits is either a US citizen, legal immigrant, illegal immigrant, or animal.

Ever wonder why PETA is not more vocal about the HR 3200 bill?

Folks, it's not even debatable. Animals will be covered by the HR 3200 bill. Veterinarians are even mentioned in the bill as part of the Public Health Workforce Corps.

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 20, 2009, 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by turtle777 View Post

-t
Which part is annoying?

You mean the part about SAVE not being mentioned in the HR 3200 bill, so the government has no way of enforcing or determining whether the applicant is either a US citizen, legal immigrant, illegal immigrant, or animal?

Yes, turtles are even covered under the HR 3200, so you are in luck.

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Sep 20, 2009, 12:16 PM

Without SAVE being mentioned in the HR 3200 bill as a requirement, there's no way to determine whether the application for eligibility credits is either a US citizen, legal immigrant, illegal immigrant, or animal.

Ever wonder why PETA is not more vocal about the HR 3200 bill?

Folks, it's not even debatable. Animals will be covered by the HR 3200 bill. Veterinarians are even mentioned in the bill as part of the Public Health Workforce Corps.
Ladies and Gentlemen of the PWL;

The above is exhibit A of Reductio ad absurdum bestia
When you can't argue the merits of your point, bring up animals. Once you've brought up animals, the handcymbal-clapping monkeys who agree with your meritless point will join in the choir of cacophony by including PETA, gay animals, and sex with gay animals.
ebuddy

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Sep 20, 2009, 01:09 PM

When you can't argue the merits of your point, bring up animals. Once you've brought up animals, the handcymbal-clapping monkeys who agree with your meritless point will join in the choir of cacophony by including PETA, gay animals, and sex with gay animals.
And, that's the point.

But, thanks for providing a term to describe this. I'll remember it for the next time there's a same sex debate and someone says that same-sex-marriage will create a slippery slope that will lead to humans marrying animals.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Sep 20, 2009, 02:36 PM

As far as I can recall, the only people who say that are morons and people trying to make it out like all social conservatives are exactly the same as those morons.
Chuck
___

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 20, 2009, 05:54 PM

What's the argument here?

Without SAVE mentioned in HR 3200, there no safeguard to determine if the applicant for eligibility credits is a US citizen, legal immigrant, or illegal immigrant?

Well, how would the government determine if the applicant is an animal without the safeguard SAVE?

If someone can help illegal immigrants apply for eligibility credits, I sure can help my dog apply for eligibility credits. Since no safeguard, both would be covered under the HR 3200.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Sep 20, 2009, 06:16 PM

Did somebody say sex with gay animals?

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Sep 21, 2009, 01:12 AM

Wow, that really cleared the room.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Sep 21, 2009, 02:23 AM

Without SAVE mentioned in HR 3200, there no safeguard to determine if the applicant for eligibility credits is a US citizen, legal immigrant, or illegal immigrant?

Well, how would the government determine if the applicant is an animal without the safeguard SAVE?

If someone can help illegal immigrants apply for eligibility credits, I sure can help my dog apply for eligibility credits. Since no safeguard, both would be covered under the HR 3200.
What is your argument? That an animal trying to get federal insurance is as likely as an illegal immigrant?
Chuck
___

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 21, 2009, 03:19 AM

What is your argument? That an animal trying to get federal insurance is as likely as an illegal immigrant?
Yes. I help both illegals and animals to obtain health coverage since there's no safeguard or enforcement.

Any pet owner who wants to save money on vet bills can come to me for help. Illegals who don't know English can come to me for help as well.

stupendousman
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 21, 2009, 07:10 AM

I'm pretty sure my pets are covered because there are no safeguards to determine if my dog is a US citizen.
There are no "safegaurds" needed besides what is already there. Dogs aren't citizens, dogs can be determined by simple visual examination. That's not true of illegal aliens, and that is why additional safeguards are required.

It can be determined with 100% effectiveness that a dog is a dog without any additional laws being required, unless it's your argument that a healthcare provider could credibility make the excuse that he didn't know that the dog was a "dog" and assumed it was a human, as a healthcare worker could credibly claim that they assumed (since no safeguards are required) that the person they gave care to was here legally. Good luck with that.

In the HR 3200, it states veterinarians are included:

In this section, the term ‘health workforce’ includes all health care providers with direct patient care and support responsibilities, including physicians, nurses, physician assistants, pharmacists, oral health professionals (as defined in section 749(f)), allied health professionals, mental and behavioral professionals, and public health professionals (including veterinarians engaged in public health practice).
Wow..so you are right. The Democrats are including not only illegal aliens, but animals as well. You've successfully argued for why they do not have ANY business creating laws in regards to healthcare. Congratulations.

Not only did Obama lie about illegal aliens, he forgot to tell us his plan would force taxpayers to foot the bill for pets as well.

AMAZING!
( Last edited by stupendousman; Sep 21, 2009 at 07:49 AM. )

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 21, 2009, 02:52 PM

There are no "safegaurds" needed besides what is already there. Dogs aren't citizens, dogs can be determined by simple visual examination. That's not true of illegal aliens, and that is why additional safeguards are required.

It can be determined with 100% effectiveness that a dog is a dog without any additional laws being required, unless it's your argument that a healthcare provider could credibility make the excuse that he didn't know that the dog was a "dog" and assumed it was a human, as a healthcare worker could credibly claim that they assumed (since no safeguards are required) that the person they gave care to was here legally. Good luck with that.
What visual exam? What are you talking about?

Didn't realize applying for eligibility credits under the HR3200 require a visual exam or a photo to go with the application.

Where in HR3200 does it say a visual exam or a photo is required to apply?

Snow-i
Professional Poster
Sep 21, 2009, 07:38 PM

Didn't realize applying for eligibility credits under the HR3200 require a visual exam or a photo to go with the application.

Exactly why this bill is no good for us.

stupendousman
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 21, 2009, 08:58 PM

When a doctor looks at you...he's visually examining you. A 100% accurate determination regarding qualifications based on not being a dog can be performed at that time with no further "safeguards" required. This isn't the case for determining qualifications based on being a legal citizen.

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 21, 2009, 09:21 PM

When a doctor looks at you...he's visually examining you. A 100% accurate determination regarding qualifications based on not being a dog can be performed at that time with no further "safeguards" required. This isn't the case for determining qualifications based on being a legal citizen.
What are you talking about?

Where does it say the patient must have a physical exam by a doctor before the patient can apply for eligibility credits under the HR 3200?

stupendousman
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 22, 2009, 07:08 AM

What are you talking about?

Where does it say the patient must have a physical exam by a doctor before the patient can apply for eligibility credits under the HR 3200?
People can apply for whatever they want. I can apply for credits for the tree I have in my backyard.

Applying does one no good if you go to get services and you are denied because the physician in question knows he cannot legally treat trees and be reimbursed, and there is no way he can make the excuse "I didn't know it was a tree" if he's caught trying it.

Again, there's no need for additional checks in regards to animals, plants, and inanimate objects, as far as knowing if they are covered or not. Illegal aliens however can't be determined unless there is a requirement to check eligibility, as it is impossible to determine that criteria by simple visual examination.

You are engaging in demonstrable absurdity.

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 22, 2009, 12:41 PM

People can apply for whatever they want. I can apply for credits for the tree I have in my backyard.

Applying does one no good if you go to get services and you are denied because the physician in question knows he cannot legally treat trees and be reimbursed, and there is no way he can make the excuse "I didn't know it was a tree" if he's caught trying it.

Again, there's no need for additional checks in regards to animals, plants, and inanimate objects, as far as knowing if they are covered or not. Illegal aliens however can't be determined unless there is a requirement to check eligibility, as it is impossible to determine that criteria by simple visual examination.

You are engaging in demonstrable absurdity.
Like I've said, veterinarians are covered as they are part of the health workforce.

I can get eligibility credits for my dog and veterinarians are covered.

So my pets are covered under HR 3200.

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 22, 2009, 12:53 PM

Besides. You make it sound like someone in the government is actually going to enforce anything.

If the government isn't going to verify the information on the application on whether the applicant is eligible for affordability credits base on income and citizenship, why would you assume they would verify if a medical procedure is eligible for compensation.

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Sep 22, 2009, 01:01 PM

Will illegal gay pets get coverage? I'm not voting unless illegal gay pets get coverage.
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

stupendousman
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 23, 2009, 06:44 AM

Like I've said, veterinarians are covered as they are part of the health workforce.
..but not for the care of pets. As it's been stated, the law says that reimbursement for services is only allowed for citizens of the United States.

We've already covered this. You are arguing in absurd circles.

indrani
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 23, 2009, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by stevesnj View Post
every one may b not prferct
there may be the chance

indrani
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 23, 2009, 06:53 AM

hope

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Sep 23, 2009, 07:02 AM

The emergency room is no place to have your pet spayed or neutered. Even if they were registered to vote for Obama.
ebuddy

stupendousman
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 23, 2009, 12:22 PM

The emergency room is no place to have your pet spayed or neutered. Even if they were registered to vote for Obama.
ZING!

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 23, 2009, 03:33 PM

..but not for the care of pets. As it's been stated, the law says that reimbursement for services is only allowed for citizens of the United States.

We've already covered this. You are arguing in absurd circles.
Let me rephrase it for you:

SEC. 246. NO FEDERAL PAYMENT FOR UNDOCUMENTED ALIENS.
Nothing in this subtitle shall allow Federal payments for affordability credits on behalf of individuals who are not lawfully present in the United States.

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 23, 2009, 04:50 PM

House GOP wants Health Care for Pets by introducing the HAPPY Act (Humanity and Pets Partnered Through the Years)

House GOPer Seeks Co-Sponsors For Pet Health Care Tax Benefit

Don't know why since the HR 3200 would cover pets.

stupendousman
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 23, 2009, 07:50 PM

Nothing in this subtitle shall allow Federal payments for affordability credits on behalf of individuals who are not lawfully present in the United States.
I'm looking at that quote, and I still don't see a requirement to actually check for citizenship, since that can't be determined by a simple visual check.

Could you break down the paragraph to show me where I'm missing it?

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Sep 23, 2009, 08:46 PM

The problem with that statement is that it's toothless. It says illegal aliens aren't eligible, but doesn't actually do anything to prevent them from claiming credits. It's like hanging a sign on your front gate that says "Burglars not allowed" and calling it a security system.
Chuck
___

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 23, 2009, 09:03 PM

The problem with that statement is that it's toothless. It says illegal aliens aren't eligible, but doesn't actually do anything to prevent them from claiming credits. It's like hanging a sign on your front gate that says "Burglars not allowed" and calling it a security system.
I guess. That's why I believe HR 3200 will covered pets.

stupendousman says:

As it's been stated, the law says that reimbursement for services is only allowed for citizens of the United States.

No illegal aliens and pets will be reimbursed. If that law is not enforced, then both illegals and pets will get coverage.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Sep 23, 2009, 09:19 PM

stupendousman says:

As it's been stated, the law says that reimbursement for services is only allowed for citizens of the United States.

No illegal aliens and pets will be reimbursed. If that law is not enforced, then both illegals and pets will get coverage.
No, because (among many other reasons) a doctor can easily tell when his patient is an animal and would certainly be detected at least by the time the patient is receiving treatment for feline leukemia. Do you really believe pets will receive care under this bill?
Chuck
___

stupendousman
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 23, 2009, 09:24 PM

stupendousman says:

You are making a VERY good case for this thing not to get passed. I won't stand in your way of doing it. Be sure and tell all your friends that the bill covers taxpayer subsidized care for pets. That would be GREAT!

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 23, 2009, 09:43 PM

No, because (among many other reasons) a doctor can easily tell when his patient is an animal and would certainly be detected at least by the time the patient is receiving treatment for feline leukemia. Do you really believe pets will receive care under this bill?
The doctor can tell if the patient is a human or animal. True.

And our government can tell who's a US citizen or not, base on your name, SSN, and other information that is provided on the application. Just as if I were to apply for a passport.

That's not the argument. We are talking about enforcement here.

If you believe our government isn't going to check whether the applicant is a US citizen, why would you believe the government would verify if the medical procedure was preformed on a human before reimbursing my Vet?

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Sep 24, 2009, 02:15 AM

And our government can tell who's a US citizen or not, base on your name, SSN, and other information that is provided on the application. Just as if I were to apply for a passport.
Yes, but passport law requires the government to do this confirmation while the law in question does not. That's what people are talking about here. It does not provide any means of enforcing its terms.
Chuck
___

stupendousman
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 1, 2009, 06:49 AM

Now the Democrats are getting upset that the "jig is up" regarding their attempts to do what Obama said the healthcare plan wouldn't do. Not only do they not want any safeguards, they've let it be known that they simply want people here ILLEGALLY to be able to take advantage of government sponsored health care.

How dare Obama say that the plan should include safeguards and not include illegal aliens just so a Republican politician's accusations that Obama was lying wouldn't be true!

Senators turn back ID requirement for immigrant healthcare - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Oct 1, 2009, 08:23 AM

Not only do they not want any safeguards, they've let it be known that they simply want people here ILLEGALLY to be able to take advantage of government sponsored health care.
I have great fun imagining the kind of person that *actually* believes that.

SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 1, 2009, 09:44 AM

Yes, but passport law requires the government to do this confirmation
No it doesn't, the administration's regulations do. The U.S. Code governing passports states that passports can only be awarded to U.S. nationals, but does not provide the means for the Secretary of State to enforce this when the Department reviews applications. From U.S. Code:

§ 211a. Authority to grant, issue, and verify passports

The Secretary of State may grant and issue passports, and cause passports to be granted, issued, and verified in foreign countries by diplomatic and consular officers of the United States, and by such other employees of the Department of State who are citizens of the United States as the Secretary of State may designate, and by the chief or other executive officer of the insular possessions of the United States, under such rules as the President shall designate and prescribe for and on behalf of the United States, and no other person shall grant, issue, or verify such passports. Unless authorized by law, a passport may not be designated as restricted for travel to or for use in any country other than a country with which the United States is at war, where armed hostilities are in progress, or where there is imminent danger to the public health or the physical safety of United States travellers.

§ 212. Persons entitled to passport

No passport shall be granted or issued to or verified for any other persons than those owing allegiance, whether citizens or not, to the United States.

§ 213. Application for passport; verification by oath of initial passport

Before a passport is issued to any person by or under authority of the United States such person shall subscribe to and submit a written application which shall contain a true recital of each and every matter of fact which may be required by law or by any rules authorized by law to be stated as a prerequisite to the issuance of any such passport. If the applicant has not previously been issued a United States passport, the application shall be duly verified by his oath before a person authorized and empowered by the Secretary of State to administer oaths.
The regulations governing the information required to complete a passport application are found not in acts of Congress, but in the Code of Federal Regulations.
( Last edited by SpaceMonkey; Oct 1, 2009 at 11:12 AM. )

"One ticket to Washington, please. I have a date with destiny."

Forum Links
Forum Rules