Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > Does Airport Express require an extreme (g) card?

Does Airport Express require an extreme (g) card?
paingold
Jul 19, 2004, 05:52 PM

Yet another airport express question. I tried the search here and read the FAQ at apple and haven't found an answer yet...
In order to stream mp3's from my G4 (airport b card equipped) to my stereo (airport express equipped) do I need an airport extreme card or will my original airport card be fine?
Thanks

stevesnj
Mac Elite
Jul 19, 2004, 07:05 PM

Originally posted by paingold:
Yet another airport express question. I tried the search here and read the FAQ at apple and haven't found an answer yet...
In order to stream mp3's from my G4 (airport b card equipped) to my stereo (airport express equipped) do I need an airport extreme card or will my original airport card be fine?
Thanks
You can use any wireless b or g card: Link
MacBook Pro 15" i7 ~ Snow Leopard ~ iPhone 4 - 16Gb

romanesq
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 19, 2004, 07:15 PM

indicate that the slower cards will work, however in streaming music from a slower card, it is possible to have interuptions due to the slower stream.

From the people who I've indicated such, the feeling is that having everything operating on the faster card avoids the problem.
Well, aye hearrrrr you

paingold  (op)
Jul 19, 2004, 08:56 PM

Thanks romanesq. That helps.

Forum Links
Forum Rules