Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > rtelnet for Macintosh?

rtelnet for Macintosh?
Accordyon
May 12, 2000, 01:07 AM

I am interested to set up a reverse telnet
session from a Unix system behind a firewall to a telnet window on my home Macintosh.
I understand that the Unix system must initiate the telnet session from inside the firewall, and that the Macintosh must have a telnet program willing to accept the initiation. (Basically, the Unix system acts like an X client and the Macintosh like an X server, but the protocol is telnet.)

Anyone know of such a telnet program for the Macintosh? The obvious ones (NCSA, Nifty, etc.) don't seem to have this ability.

Thanks
A

Lint
May 16, 2000, 08:15 PM

You dont want 'reverse telnet' you want a telnet daemon (telnetd) however a telnet d make very little sense in the classic macos, since ther are no text based utils.. however stairways.com has a telnet daemon that runs applescripts

Forum Links
Forum Rules