Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Finder "Get Info" hangs

Finder "Get Info" hangs
carterx
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 11, 2011, 08:45 AM

I've been working on a lab image over the past two days with a lot of time into it and everything seems to finally be running smooth with everything except I'm having an issue with the Finder "Get Info" option.

It doesn't matter if it's a local user or an Active Directory user though this seems to only be happening when the computer is bound to AD.

This is what I get in the console when I run Finder "Get Info" which takes aprox 10-20 seconds to get the "Get Info" window.

P
Oct 11, 2011, 09:55 AM

Do you have any Spotlight plugins installed? That looks like it might be related to one of them being broken.
The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

carterx  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 11, 2011, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by P View Post
Do you have any Spotlight plugins installed? That looks like it might be related to one of them being broken.
No additional plug'ins installed. I may turn spotlight off to see if that helps. It's just odd that this happens when its bound to Active Directory. As soon as I unbind it then restart and login "Get Info" does not hang.

Messed up!!

Forum Links
Forum Rules