Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Diablo II expansion pack?

Diablo II expansion pack?
nigeljedi
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 21, 2001, 03:01 AM

Does anyone know when the Diablo II expansion pack is supposed to be available? I heard first quarter, but Blizzard is kind of hazy on that.

Archangel
Mac Elite
Feb 21, 2001, 07:02 AM

1st quarter is still the word on the street as far as I know. Should be pretty good. Too bad it's only one more act. For $30 you'd think they'd throw in a couple of acts at least. Oh well, I'm sure I'll be obtaining a copy somehow. . .

------------------
"Elvis has left the building!"

DanW
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 21, 2001, 12:37 PM

Yeah, it's only 1 act, but there are also 2 new characters, jewels, runes, socketed rares and many new items. I know I'll be waiting in line with $30 clenched in my grubby little fist. I'll run through Act V with an existing character and then go back and take an assassin through all 5 acts.

nigeljedi  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 23, 2001, 12:12 PM

Yeah. I just love to pay $30 for (almost) nothing. But, since Diablo II is so good, I'll buy it anyway (and take more characters through the whole game again). Maybe Diablo II is in the works. Or maybe another like-themed game. That'd be cool.

theMacDude
Mar 5, 2001, 09:11 AM

I assume you meant to say 'Diablo III'.

------------------
-jjh
Did you know that this would happen?
-jjh
Did you know that this would happen?

MasterZeus
Mar 6, 2001, 12:14 PM

According to diabloii.net and blizzard.com, it is listed at "1st Half 2001". I saw somewhere that the mac version was listed at 3rd quarter. I can't find it now though. I will be very upset if it is released that much later.

------------------
THE Master has spoken

mac freak
Mac Elite
Mar 7, 2001, 09:12 AM

I think it'll be a simultaneous release sometime around E3 (for those of that don't know what that is, May). At least, that's what I've heard...

At any rate, no matter when it's released, I'm sure it'll be simultaneous, i.e. Mac & PC version will be release the same day.

------------------
Be Happy.
Be happy.

MasterZeus
Mar 9, 2001, 03:43 PM

I am sorry to hear this but according to the interview with Brian "Doc" Love at games.macnn.com, the mac expansion pack will probably be released about 30 days after the PC version. He said codewise, they are at the same state but there are alot more PC people than mac people so they can't get the mac version pressed until they are done making PC ones. Well, at least its not another diablo debacle.

Trevor Covert
Mar 9, 2001, 04:46 PM

Forum Links
Forum Rules