Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Do the new intelminis have video issues like the G4 minis had?

Do the new intelminis have video issues like the G4 minis had?
pinkoos
Forum Regular
Mar 24, 2006, 11:49 AM

Hi,

Just wondering...when the G4 minis came out, so many of them had video issues in terms of not working with some LCDs or working, but having blurry, washed out appearances, etc.

Anybody know if Apple ever admitted what the problem was with those and if there's any potential for the intelminis to have the same problem? Anybody heard or experienced anything?

Thanks!

applesnapple
Mar 24, 2006, 08:24 PM

I had a G4 mini, it looked a little blurry on my lcd, but that was because i had a vga, not a dvi lcd. I don't think apple ever admitted a problem- i think the low memory allocated to graphics was the issue. not really sure though, so take this with a grain of salt.

Agent69
Mac Elite
Mar 24, 2006, 09:59 PM

IIRC, there was a German magazine that tested the signal of the Mini when using the DVI to VGA adapter and basically, it was out of spec. It was what made me return a Mini.
Agent69

TheTraveller
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 25, 2006, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by Agent69
IIRC, there was a German magazine that tested the signal of the Mini when using the DVI to VGA adapter and basically, it was out of spec. It was what made me return a Mini.
My Intel Core Duo Mac Mini runs my NEC MultiSync 90GX just fine (19" DVI LCD)

buggsuperstar
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 25, 2006, 08:35 AM

Not really answering this question, but I have 2 G4 1.5 Minis, one running on VGA and the other on DVI and the DVI one is crystal clear and brilliant on the LCD.

The VGA on the other hand, is washed out and not as sharp.

Both Minis are identical and are running on the same LCD, a Samsung 172X. (one on the analogue input, the other on the Digital Input)

pinkoos  (op)
Forum Regular
Mar 25, 2006, 09:24 AM

Thanks for the replies. Anybody hooked up an intelmini to a VGA LCD? I had a 1.42 G4 mini when they first came out, but it looked very washed out on my HP f1703 VGA 17" LCD, so I ended up selling the mini.

Just want to know if the same thing is going to potentially happen with the intelmini.

BTW, I have the HP LCD spanning my current 17" G4 iMac and it's crystal clear, bright and sharp, so I know it's not an issue with the LCD itself.

Thanks.

Forum Links
Forum Rules