Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Help with Vine Server

Help with Vine Server
wootwoot
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 15, 2007, 12:58 AM

I am trying to setup a vnc server and I found vine server 2.1. I thought I had everything setup correctly but when I open a vnc session on my mac trying to connect to my mac I get stuck in an infinite loop of cascading vnc sessions. Instead of one session opening up chicken of the vnc opens a session, then another, then another, then another... etc. What am I doing wrong here? I have done this same action in linux to test vnc and had no problems with it. Any help would be great, thx.

zro
Mac Elite
Jan 15, 2007, 02:14 AM

Any reason you're using Vine? If you have OS 10.4 you can enable VNC connections through the Sharing pane of System Preferences. It's under Apple Remote Desktop - Access Privileges.

siMac
Mac Elite
Jan 15, 2007, 12:35 PM

Or try OSXvnc for more options (and in my experience, stability), such as only allowing SSH connections for added security. It's free and can be configured to run as a service at startup.
|\|0\/\/ 15 7|-|3 71|\/|3

cakey
Forum Regular
Jan 15, 2007, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by siMac View Post
Or try OSXvnc
Vine Server 2.1 - MacUpdate

Same program.

siMac
Mac Elite
Jan 15, 2007, 04:00 PM

Thanks, didn't realise. Will check out the update, I'm currently still on 1.71...

siMac
Mac Elite
Jan 15, 2007, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by wootwoot View Post
when I open a vnc session on my mac trying to connect to my mac I get stuck in an infinite loop of cascading vnc sessions.
Sounds like your machine is connecting to itself instead of the other machine. Check your IP adresses, or set up Bonjour in Vine and Chicken, your other mac should show up automagically in the list.

Forum Links
Forum Rules