Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Intermittent failure of Mail rules

Intermittent failure of Mail rules
chrisford
Forum Regular
Sep 12, 2007, 07:24 AM

Hi all -

I'm running the latest version of Mail.app on a new iMac. My mail is distributed via imap on a server running Exchange. I use a series of rules, one of which looks for a specific string in the subject and moves that email to a sub-folder.

I'm finding that c.50% of the messages that contain this string are not being moved to that folder. The other 50% work as expected.

Has anyone else experienced this issue, and does anyone have any tips or solutions?

Thanks.

Nivag
Mac Elite
Sep 12, 2007, 09:08 AM

Assuming it's not clashing with another rule, have you tried moving it to the top if it isn't already. Otherwise delete and recreate it. That's the best I can suggest at the moment.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Sep 12, 2007, 09:41 AM

Create server side filters.

chrisford  (op)
Forum Regular
Sep 12, 2007, 09:53 AM

Hi both - thanks for the advice. I've moved the Rule to the top of the list as you suggest Nivag. I'm not sure I'll be able to set the rule on the server myself, but will speak to our support fella.

(And apologies again for the double post - that'll teach me to tab thro' form elements without thinking!)

Forum Links
Forum Rules