Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > The Obama Administration

The Obama Administration
Snow-i
Professional Poster
Jan 10, 2014, 07:29 PM

Lawyer says FBI has contacted few Tea Party groups, 8 months into IRS scandal | Fox News

So, the corrupt administration is refusing to investigate its own corruption, and planting its own people in charge of its probe? I'm shocked!! Hope and Change people.

The sad part is the taxpayer funded their own suppression via the IRS. Are we done with this bullshit yet? Does anyone on here still actually believe Obama is a good, or even mediocre president?

Let's go over the list:

-Benghazi Incident - A sitting US ambassador was murdered, y'know.
-Benghazi - Initial coverup of incident by fabricating a story to misplace blame.
-Benghazi - Ongoing Coverup of incident by continuing to stonewall independent congressional investigations and spread disinformation.
-Benghazi - Creating an "Accountability Review Board" to reinforce Obama's position that the Obama administration should not be held accountable.
-IRS Corruption
-IRS Corruption - Cover up/Failure to Investigate corruption
-IRS Corruption - Appointing "your man" to investigate previous cover ups
-EPA Corruption
-HealthCare Disaster - "Pass it to see what's in it!"
-HealthCare Disaster - "If you like your plan, you can keep it!"*
-HealthCare Disaster - His friends are exempted from it
-HealthCare Disaster - He's bypassed Congress to make changes to the law (illegally).
-HealthCare Disaster - Website
-HealthCare Disaster - Millions lose coverage
-HealthCare Disaster - Millions lose access to top hospitals
-HealthCare Disaster - HealthCare is now more expensive with less access to quality care.
-HealthCare Disaster - Exchange back end which makes the whole thing work remains to be developed.
-HealthCare Disaster - Outsourced the massive, failed project to a foreign company (who has personal connections to his family).
-Syria - Surrendered to Assad
-Syria - Assad crossed a "red line" and....it benefited Assad who is now writing his own guidelines for the future.
-Syria - Putin embarrassed Obama, and by extension, the US by wiping the floor with us from a policy standpoint.
-Libya - Unprovoked Military action against a cooperative ousted leader which directly led to his murder
-Economy - Hasn't improved at all.
-Iraq - This one is still brewing, but Obama botched the handoff and now we have an Iraqi president releasing known terrorists who've killed US and Coalition service members in droves.
-NSA - Obama renewed and expanded domestic spying in direct violation of the 4th Amendment
-NSA - Obama has or has allowed the suspension of due process in the FISA court.
-NSA - The NSA has lied directly to Congress under Oath with 0 repercussions.
-NSA - Snowden is somehow still the traitor in all this.
-General - Appointed John Kerry as secretary as state
-General - Ran with Joe Biden as the runner up to the presidency
-General - Has been the least Transparent president in all US history, despite a campaign promise stating the opposite.
-General - Has not fulfilled any of his major campaign promises to date, including "No new taxes on the middle class."
-General - Is suing a group of nuns who run a charity for children. Literally.

*"Actually, that's not true."

Man, I'm having a hard time keeping track of all these new government initiatives that will help Dear Leader bring our society to a better place. Did I miss any? If you have more, post em below and I'll add em to the list.
( Last edited by Snow-i; Jan 10, 2014 at 07:46 PM. )

Snow-i  (op)
Professional Poster
Jan 10, 2014, 07:58 PM

Ah yes,

Solyndra et al - Wasted Billions of taxpayer dollars into several failed Solar initiatives that have left behind toxic waste dumps at the sites those startups were housed in. The executives appointed by Obama made millions nonetheless. We literally paid billions for toxic waste dumps that will cost millions more to clean up.

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Jan 11, 2014, 07:24 AM

Inept political appointees ruining all the Gov't agencies, over spending, mismanagement, ignorance.

subego
Clinically Insane
Jan 11, 2014, 05:57 PM

Just "Eric Holder" in general.

subego
Clinically Insane
Jan 11, 2014, 07:08 PM

Shaddim put it well. Obama isn't a leader, he's a ruler.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Jan 11, 2014, 08:41 PM

We'll look back and see this as one of the most dictatorial and corrupt administrations in history.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Jan 12, 2014, 08:44 AM

Too many dumb and gullible voters.

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Jan 12, 2014, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Shaddim View Post
We'll look back and see this as one of the most dictatorial and corrupt administrations in history.
I've wondered about this. I don't think our keepers of US history will allow that to happen. For example, Buchanan and Hoover are generally deemed among America's worst Presidents as they had for the most part failed on societies' most pressing issues of their time such as slavery or the economy. And then there is Nixon, while having been an effective leader was brought down to scandal.

Stalwart ideologues, visionaries, or transformative figures whose actions changed the face of society and politics may get a pass on how those policies or change in political culture are measured for success and failure. Lincoln, in the abolishment of slavery for example, found many freed men without education or vocational training leading to an extremely hard economy for years to come in reconstructing the South and lingering resentment and doubt resulting in Jim Crow laws, etc.

By 2008, historians had already deemed George W. Bush the worst President in US History and I've found over time, that sense has waned. Perhaps it is as I and others have suggested that Obama makes Bush look a little less horrible, but I don't think our historians will allow the slander of America's first African-American President. A stalwart ideologue and transformative figure who maintained office through two terms and moved boldly toward empowering the Executive branch and of growing the role of the Centralized Authority. A measure of the failures in this ideology in general or this Administration specifically and related scandals will not be included in a final analysis of this Administration IMO. You will read extensively on what Obama inherited and how he attempted to maintain principled leadership through an otherwise destructively rigid and insensitive political foe.
ebuddy

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 12, 2014, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Snow-i View Post
-General - Is suing a group of nuns who run a charity for children. Literally.
It's not just The Little Sisters of the Poor, but the entire Catholic Church and their affiliated charities, as well as Catholic and Protestant business owners.

Obama flat out lied to Cardinal Dolan when he met with him prior to passage of Obamacare. He also lied when he gave the commencement speech at Notre Dame

“Let’s honor the conscience of those who disagree with abortion and draft a sensible conscience clause. And make sure that all of our health care policies are grounded, not only in sound science, but also in clear ethics.”

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Jan 12, 2014, 05:56 PM

I just worry about him leaving office. What if he decides do call marshal law and no elections? What are all those 40 cal hollow point rounds for? whats going on with the 'interment camps? Who do they plan to put in there? There has been talk in the military that only officers who would fire on citizens are being placed into points of leadership.

subego
Clinically Insane
Jan 12, 2014, 06:13 PM

Taking a stab in the dark on the hollow points. I don't even know what the story refers to.

9mm gets used because that's what every western military force uses. It's not a question of it being the best round for the job, it gets picked because it's cheap and widely available. I like to joke that here in 'Merica, they stock them at the corner store.

IMO, 9mm is great for what a submachine gun is for, but not very good for what a pistol is for. Too light, too zippy. Most of your kinetic energy ends up outside your target.

Never shot a .40, but I assume it's a heavier and slower bullet. This is what you (I) want in a pistol. I personally prefer .45ACP, but I've got some mass on me.

My actual argument here, going back to my first statement about availability and price, if you want to have a decent shot at supplanting 9mm with .40, you have to make a ****ton of them. Otherwise, not enough availability, and too small an economy of scale to compete on cost.

If I were going to declare marshal law, I wouldn't even touch my supply of .40 cal. My jackboot types get M9s, and they fill them up at any armory, which are going to have piles of 9mm.

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Jan 12, 2014, 06:23 PM

I too am a .45ACP fan, with a Springfield Armory XD.

Its been interesting to hear snippets of Gates book, where Hillary and Biden were wrong about everything. Politics trumped intelligence and wisdom. etc.

subego
Clinically Insane
Jan 12, 2014, 06:33 PM

You know, it's a little thing, but I was struck by the quote about how Bush, whom Gates called "unsentemental", would tear up now and again at Medal of Honor ceremonies.

Obama, not so much.

This may be too pat of an explanation, but in Bush I think you had someone who was actually quite caring, but saw outward expressions of that as weakness.

With Obama, I see someone who finds outward expressions of caring as a tool to be exploited.

Both are ****ed up IMO, but one is way more genuine.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 13, 2014, 10:44 AM

Since everyone loves my memes...
More than 200 years ago, the Ursuline Sisters of France were fleeing the French Revolution and seeking a new home in New Orleans. They planned to open schools, hospitals and orphanages, but wanted to make sure that the U.S. government, now in control of New Orleans, would not meddle in their plans – separation of church and state, you see. They wrote to President Thomas Jefferson with their concerns; Jefferson’s response?
I have received, holy sisters, the letter you have written me wherein you express anxiety for the property vested in your institution by the former governments of Louisiana.

The principles of the constitution and government of the United States are a sure guarantee to you that it will be preserved to you, sacred and inviolate, and that your institution will be permitted to govern itself according to its own voluntary rules, without interference from the civil authority.

Whatever the diversity of shade may appear in the religious opinions of our fellow citizens, the charitable objects of your institution cannot be indifferent to any; and its furtherance of the wholesome purposes of society, by training up its younger members in the way they should go, cannot fail to ensure it the patronage of the government it is under.

Be assured it will meet all the protection which my office can give it.

I salute you, holy sisters, with friendship and respect.
PDF of Jefferson letter
Thomas Jefferson, Catholic Sisters And Obamacare | Acton PowerBlog
( Last edited by Chongo; Jan 13, 2014 at 03:45 PM. )

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Jan 14, 2014, 04:55 AM

The U.S. Government And The Sinaloa Cartel - Business Insider

I would say there's some `splainin' to do, but nothing involving that weasel, Holder, shocks me.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 14, 2014, 11:17 AM

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Jan 15, 2014, 08:16 AM

Obama has a pen and by God he'll use it!
ebuddy

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Jan 15, 2014, 08:31 AM

Will he use it to sign Mooshells DIVORCE PAPERS?

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Jan 15, 2014, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by BadKosh View Post
Will he use it to sign Mooshells DIVORCE PAPERS?
The Enquirer? Really?
- Thomas Paine

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Jan 16, 2014, 10:44 AM

The Enquirer? Really?
I don't know where I saw it. Seems it was several nooze outlets.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 16, 2014, 12:28 PM

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Jan 22, 2014, 04:07 PM

subego
Clinically Insane
Jan 22, 2014, 04:33 PM

"Actual" meaning "I include infants"...

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Feb 3, 2014, 11:50 AM

C'mon....There wasn't A SMIDGEN of corruption at the IRS. Ignoring the fact that some folks were re-assigned and others just quit?

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Feb 3, 2014, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by BadKosh View Post
C'mon....There wasn't A SMIDGEN of corruption at the IRS. Ignoring the fact that some folks were re-assigned and others just quit?
Or worse, he's already determined the conclusion of the current, ongoing investigation.

He's got a pen after all.
ebuddy

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Feb 3, 2014, 10:45 PM

That's probably a little bit exaggerated.

However, if we measured unemployment the same way as it was before 1994, we'd be at around 23%.

Alternate Unemployment Charts

-t

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Mar 5, 2014, 04:18 PM

Well, there's definitely some info being covered up by the IRS, can't wait until the judicial order compelling Lerner to testify.

Lois Lerner pleads the fifth again, doesn't testify on IRS targeting - CBS News
- Thomas Paine

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Mar 5, 2014, 07:54 PM

The Enquirer? Really?
I missed this. Weren't the folks at the Enquirer the only ones with enough balls to run that story on John Edwards?
ebuddy

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Mar 5, 2014, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by ebuddy View Post
I missed this. Weren't the folks at the Enquirer the only ones with enough balls to run that story on John Edwards?
I was standing in as the resident Liberal, since none were available at the time.
- Thomas Paine

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Mar 5, 2014, 11:24 PM

I was standing in as the resident Liberal, since none were available at the time.
ebuddy

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Apr 4, 2014, 01:03 PM

Over at the Dept of Snake is seems MISMANAGEMENT has occurred! 6 BILLION DOLLARS! Probably now part of Hillarys campaign chest.

$6 Billion Goes Missing at State Department | The Fiscal Times

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Jun 12, 2014, 01:02 PM

Gotta love Obama's policies.

http://rt.com/usa/164548-us-arizona-obama-illegals/

What a shameful, disgusting piece of shit this "man" is. How would he like it if someone treated his children this way?
- Thomas Paine

subego
Clinically Insane
Jun 12, 2014, 02:43 PM

Wait... Brewer bitches we're moving children from an overloaded Texas holding pen to a less loaded one in Arizona, and Obama is the asshole?

Brewer talks like these kids should be turned away at the border, and Obama is the asshole?

If Obama is an asshole it's for supporting our pig-headed, unjust, and probably racist immigration policy. We should be welcoming people who want to come here and work their asses off with open arms.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 12, 2014, 04:20 PM

45/47

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Jun 12, 2014, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
Wait... Brewer bitches we're moving children from an overloaded Texas holding pen to a less loaded one in Arizona, and Obama is the asshole?

Brewer talks like these kids should be turned away at the border, and Obama is the asshole?

If Obama is an asshole it's for supporting our pig-headed, unjust, and probably racist immigration policy. We should be welcoming people who want to come here and work their asses off with open arms.
The feds shouldn't be holding the kids in pens in Tx, or warehouses in Az, in the first place. They're US citizens, no matter their "anchor" status.
- Thomas Paine

subego
Clinically Insane
Jun 12, 2014, 05:35 PM

They're American citizens? I thought they came from over the border.

andi*pandi
Jun 12, 2014, 06:16 PM

My impression from the article was that they'd also just come over.

I find myself surprised that Jan Brewer can express concern, but maybe she's concerned about having to fork out money for shelter. Then again, I'm wondering why we spent money sending them by bus to Arizona in the first place. Texas couldn't handle it?

subego
Clinically Insane
Jun 12, 2014, 06:22 PM

I heard a brief bit on the radio. There's been some sort of exodus of children from south of the border. The Texas station can hold about 300 people, and they had more than 800.

subego
Clinically Insane
Jun 12, 2014, 09:18 PM

@Shaddim

Sorry my initial response was so aggressive. Immigration is one of my hot buttons, and I tend to get irrationally angry about it.

Nothing you said deserved that... or even rational anger for that matter.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Jun 12, 2014, 09:46 PM

S'ok, this pisses me off too, but for a slightly different reason, I'm touchy about anyone messing with children. Those little guys in particular have a tough enough life as it is without being jammed into a poorly ventilated, only partially air-conditioned warehouse, in AZ in Summer isn't any way to care for them. Some are US citizens, some are Mexican, the mess is trying to figure out which is which... like it really matters? They're innocent kids.

It's just more of Obama doubling-down on stupid, following previous administration border policy, and in some areas making it even worse.
- Thomas Paine

subego
Clinically Insane
Jun 12, 2014, 10:10 PM

I'm with you on that. The warehousing didn't particularly raise my ire because as bad as it is, it's likely marginally better than the beatings, muggings, and raping they experienced on the way up.

Yet another indication these people are serious about coming here. Why on earth would we want to turn away that sort of dedication?

Not that you're saying we should.

subego
Clinically Insane
Jun 12, 2014, 10:17 PM

Since I like to hear myself type, here's a redux of subego's immigration policy.

Amnesty for anyone who's here and doesn't have a criminal record beyond coming here illegally and using whatever methods to pose as a citizen.

Our yearly quota for immigrants south of the border should be set at the half-million mark (or higher). Use whatever metric you want to choose the best half million applicants.

Then we lock the borders the **** down, and if you try and dodge our eminently reasonable system, expect to get shot.

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Jun 13, 2014, 07:28 AM

For a cause of this incredible and relatively recent (as of apprx one year ago) influx of illegal immigrant children, the word is out on the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals implemented in 2012. The other conditions being cited as the cause of this influx have been in existence for decades, this is not a new phenomena. It's a horrible loosening of border policy that is causing this humanitarian crisis and we've got "caution" tape separating sick children from healthy children "sheltering" them like cattle while this Administration seeks $1.4 billion for lawyers to represent the children. This mind-numbingly stupid policy will result in some 150,000 more children stuck in shelters within the next year if something is not done in short order.

Yes, it is entirely this Administration's fault and it's deplorable. There will be no chance at Amnesty without first closing the border, period. This Administration can no longer be trusted to tell the truth on what time it is, let alone faithfully executing a "comprehensive" immigration reform initiative.
ebuddy

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Jun 13, 2014, 09:04 AM

Ex-border agents: Immigrant flood ‘orchestrated’

The whole thing stinks. Obama and his inept administration didn't get the memo that his actions in keeping the borders open will poison the waters for any democrat trying to get elected. NO ILLEGALS SHOULD EVER GET THE RIGHT TO VOTE! Tax them 30% more at both the state and federal level.

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Jul 2, 2014, 09:44 AM

Snow-i  (op)
Professional Poster
Jul 22, 2014, 08:44 PM

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Jul 22, 2014, 10:38 PM

It is indeed laughable at this point. This is the entity that manages health care dollars. Only a Senator can write sh!t this stupid.
ebuddy

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Jul 24, 2014, 10:36 AM

and...supposedly they found Lois Lerners back-up tapes of her email. This will be an entertaining time.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Jul 24, 2014, 11:40 AM

What do you want to bet this will be sealed by EO until Obama leaves office?
- Thomas Paine

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Jul 24, 2014, 11:55 AM

Then put Lerner in the house jail. Defund IRS entirely, and maybe put Koskinin in jail too. they can stay until ALL the emails are accessible by house and senate investigators.

Forum Links
Forum Rules