Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: Powermac G3 450mhz Processor

FS: Powermac G3 450mhz Processor
Rowen
Oct 28, 2005, 01:16 AM

I just thought to post this processor up for any of the old schooler's out there wanting a small bump. It will run at 500+mhz and comes with heatsink and fan. But it is a Powermac B&W G3 450mhz Processor up for grabs, I would say $25 shipped.

Anyone interested?

lothar56
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 28, 2005, 11:42 AM

I thought I'd let you know I have an actual 450MHz B&W G3. I had it overclocked to 500MHz, but even with a heatsink fan and thermal paste, it would only last a couple hours under load. But for light use, it could work.

bowwowman
Mac Elite
Oct 29, 2005, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by lothar56
I thought I'd let you know I have an actual 450MHz B&W G3. I had it overclocked to 500MHz, but even with a heatsink fan and thermal paste, it would only last a couple hours under load. But for light use, it could work.
Interesting, since my B&W was originally a 350mhz, which I o/c'd to 450 notta problemo......it ran that way for over 2 years, until I gave it to a friend, and replaced it with a G4/550 card, which I also o/c'd to 650mhz back then.

Both are still running just fine today
Personally I find it hilarious that you have the hots for my gramma. Especially seeins how she is 3x your age, and makes your Brittney-Spears-wannabe 30-something wife look like a rag doll who went thru WWIII with a burning stick of dynamite up her a** :)

lothar56
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 29, 2005, 11:00 PM

Yeah, I had a Beige G3/266 I had running at 350 or so just fine, certain processors just had certain limits i guess.

lothar56
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 29, 2005, 11:01 PM

Yeah, I had a Beige G3/266 I had running at 350 or so just fine, certain processors just had certain limits i guess.

Rowen  (op)
Oct 31, 2005, 02:50 AM

Actually, it was stable for over four months doing heavy work, but also realize I replaced the 120mm fan inside as well. This processor comes with a fan, heatsink, screws, etc... $20 shipped

xochimilco
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 21, 2007, 11:50 PM

I could use the chip. I just inherited a 266 mini tower, It came with a really nice scanner that only has scsi so I will need the g3 to run the scanner. faster chip would be nice. Send me an email to [email protected]
Thanks in advance.)

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Dec 22, 2007, 12:02 AM

Wow, way to revive a really old thread.

iMan G5
Dec 22, 2007, 09:10 AM

Pfff 2 years? I have seen some from 3 years

Forum Links
Forum Rules