Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > ghost sightings

ghost sightings (Page 3)
storer
Mac Elite
Jul 23, 2005, 02:45 AM

Schizen! Post it if you get another photo with it there!

JazzCatDRP
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 23, 2005, 03:05 AM

I'm gonna keep trying to get another one. I'm kicking myself for not exporting it right away. What a shot that woulda been...

meelk
Baninated
Jul 23, 2005, 07:31 PM

Every now and then there is a VERY distinct sound of someone walking on the front porch, which is outside my room. Clomp, Clomp, *nothing*. (I'm 33, moved back in with my folks to attend classes to become a nurse, so I'm far from a kid). I had told my mother I was hearing it, and would jump and run to the window or door and there was never anyone on the porch, or in the yard, or even anyone on the street. One day we are standing in the living room, right next to the front door, and hear the walking, I immediately throw the door open and run out, and of course, no one is there. I've also heard a piano being played in our dining room, late at night when everyone else was asleep. I very decidedly believe.
btw: this is just old old 'wives tale' or 'folklore' saying, but if you have problems with ghosts entering/leaving, paint your porch blue (ours is light blue, both the floorboards, and the overhang)

storer
Mac Elite
Jul 23, 2005, 07:34 PM

Is the blue colour meant to ward them off or something?

meelk
Baninated
Jul 23, 2005, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by storer
Is the blue colour meant to ward them off or something?
thats the understanding my mother has of it (shes the one who told me). The porch was blue when we initially moved in, btw. Perhaps one of the more knowledgeable people in this thread can speak up?

storer
Mac Elite
Jul 23, 2005, 07:44 PM

Oh cool. Thats really interesting.

King Bob On The Cob
Mac Elite
Jul 24, 2005, 05:26 AM

http://www.rense.com/general/ufoil.htm

Saw it from a distance.
Creeped the hell outta me.

meelk
Baninated
Jul 24, 2005, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by King Bob On The Cob

Saw it from a distance.
triangle sightings have picked up tremendously in the last several years, over interstates and towns. these sightings are accompanied by witness testimony from reliable people, including, as your link details, police officers, public officials, etc. I'm expecting a first contact in the next 10 years personally. They are certainly making themselves known.

meelk
Baninated
Jul 24, 2005, 02:32 PM

d0ubled0wn
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 24, 2005, 10:00 PM

All very entertaining stories in this thread. I've never personally had any experiences with ghosts, UFOs, etc, but I know a few reliable people who claim to have seen ghosts. But I'm the type that I'd have to see it myself to believe it. I guess I'm more apt to believe the "time bleed" theory than dead people hanging around as ghosts.

I visited Savannah, GA last year with my ma and sis. We went on a ghost tour which was highly entertaining. I admit I was spooked out by a couple of the stories. If you're ever in Savannah be sure to go on one of these. Wear comfy shoes because you'll be doing a lot of walking.

meelk
Baninated
Jul 24, 2005, 10:45 PM

I've seen this in person http://www.meelk.ucheetmfer.com/ufo.jpg .It didnt take long to find a picture matching it on the net (this picture). While the lights seem to be rotating near the craft in this picture they were very much seperate during my "encounter". My father was air force for 20 years and I've lived on bases all over, its pretty easy to identify a plane or blimp vs. something you know is NOT a plane/blimp/whatever, especially when you see something so huge hanging silently in the sky and go from full stop to a speck at the horizon line in no time. Ghosts, well, I'll leave that to people to believe by themselves or not, having one good experience has changed many people. I dont mind the idea of the "time bleed" or "displacement" idea at all as a real explanation, and it would easily cover my experiences with ghosts. UFO's and alien entities, aside from the sheer distances they would have to travel to get here (wormhole usage?) I would fully expect to see in a universe as large as ours. 100 billion stars in our galaxy, and at least 100 billion similar galaxies out there makes it almost impossible for us to be alone.

besson3c  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jul 25, 2005, 02:03 AM

Thanks guys, for a very interesting conversation so far.

Here's an idea: how about a paranormal checklist, and a ranking of the stuff you find most believable based on your own experiences and instincts? Surely all of these phenomena can't be for real, yet some must have some validity, right? After all, there have been stories and reports about this sort of stuff for ages.

Here's my list, from most believable to least believable:

- (benevolent) ghosts
- witchcraft
- near death experiences
- UFOs
- poltergeists
- telepathy
- government UFO conspiracies
- Big Foot
- Loch Ness

Am I missing anything here?

Your list? Calling Agents Scully and Moulder...

meelk
Baninated
Jul 25, 2005, 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by besson3c
Thanks guys, for a very interesting conversation so far.

Here's an idea: how about a paranormal checklist, and a ranking of the stuff you find most believable based on your own experiences and instincts? Surely all of these phenomena can't be for real, yet some must have some validity, right? After all, there have been stories and reports about this sort of stuff for ages.

Here's my list, from most believable to least believable:

- (benevolent) ghosts
- witchcraft
- near death experiences
- UFOs
- poltergeists
- telepathy
- Big Foot
- Loch Ness

Am I missing anything here?

Your list? Calling Agents Scully and Moulder...

ok, if I had to use your list: from most believable to me, to least

- UFOs
- (benevolent) ghosts
- poltergeists
- telepathy
- Big Foot
- Loch Ness
- witchcraft
- near death experiences

the UFO's I most definitely saw, and yes, lets just for the sake of arguement refer to ufo in this thread as "alien ship" regardless of it standing for unidentified yadda yadda. The ghost stuff I've only heard, but hearing a piano playing 25 feet from you in a room with no piano, and hearing someone walk across your porch, and there being no one there (on multiple occasions) with another person there to back you up are pretty damn compelling as well.

Gee4orce
Professional Poster
Jul 25, 2005, 10:46 AM

Wow. My list would be something like this:

Bigfoot <- this is a sure thing, IMO
NDE <- another sure thing
UFOs
(everything else)

Let me explain - Bigfoot is real. Simple as that. There are just too many reports that corroborate, and despite what you might have heard the Patterson film has never been debunked. Not even in question in my mind.

UFOs are real. I've seen one. What they are is another matter ! Aliens from outer space ? I doubt it - but strange objects and lights really do cross our skies.

NDE - this has virtually been proved scientifically to exist. Whether it's just the brain dying or something else is another matter.

I saw a very interesting documentary about NDE which highlighted the case of a certain woman who had brain surgery. In order to operate, they had to stop her heart, and they monitored her brain activity. For the duration of the operation, her brain was inactive. This is provable. And yet, after the operation she said she'd experienced NDE, and was able to recount the conversations that went on in the operating theatre, describe medical procedures and instruments accurately - even though there was no way her brain could have recorded that information !! Amazing, and fully documented.

Gee4orce
Professional Poster
Jul 25, 2005, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by King Bob On The Cob

Saw it from a distance.
Very interesting - but why the heck doesn't anyone carry a camera ?!?!

I'm hoping that in the near future we're going to get more and more footage of UFOs, ghosts and Bigfoot because almost everyone (well, in Europe at least) has a still/video camera in their pocket - in the form of a mobile phone. The events in London have shown how people on the scene have used phones to capture photos that journalists never could.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Jul 25, 2005, 11:21 AM

(all 3 of the first together, as I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are "real")
- Magick and witchcraft
- spirits (benevolent and malevolent)
- near death experiences
- telepathy, ESP, TK (I'm open to this possibility, though haven't seen it first hand)
- UFOs (again, it's possible.)
- Big Foot (less possible, apears to be a huge hoax)
- government UFO conspiracies (doubtful)
- Loch Ness (Pffttt)
- Psychic Friends Network and Al Gore is an intellectual
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

budster101
Baninated
Location: Illinois might be cold and flat, but at least it's ugly.
Jul 25, 2005, 11:24 AM

"The Subconcious... knows all. Just find the key and unlock the insanity."

-Me, just now.

Ozzpot
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 25, 2005, 11:41 AM

Sorry to be pedantic, but I really wish people would say "Aliens" instead of "UFO". UFO means "Unidentified Flying Object". So by definition if you see something in the air and can't work out what it is, it is a UFO. It is whether or not it may be an alien spacecraft that is up for debate.

The same goes for Loch Ness. Loch Ness is a place. A real place. You mean "The Loch Ness Monster" (AKA Nessie). Again, sorry to be such an ass, but one person saying this is fair enough - everyone saying it is just maddening. Where's Randman to back me up?

Anyway, I do not believe in the Loch Ness Monster. Loch Ness is just too small to have not found something by now. It is a loch (lake), not an ocean.

I believe in Aliens, because the odds against them existing are staggeringly remote when you consider how many trillions of planets there are out there. I do not believe they have ever visited Earth though. I think we would know a hell of a lot more about it if they ever did visit.

I do not know enough about NDE to comment on such things, same goes for bigfoot.

I am undecided about ghosts though. In our house (my family have lived here 35 years) there is sometimes a very strong smell of pipe smoke, even though no-one in the house smokes and never has. My mom attributes this to Mr. Bridger, the previous owner of the house, who was never seen without a pipe. He died a year or two before the phenomenon started. The cat also stares intensly into the corner of the room at apparently nothing at these times, and a shadow is often seen moving into the living room by people in the kitchen, although I attribute this to an "afterimage" in the eye caused by the bright halogen lights in the kitchen and the relative darkness of the hall. So I don't really know what to think about ghosts yet.
iMac G5 17" 2.0ghz 1.5gb RAM MacOS10.4 • iBook G4 14" 933mhz 768mb RAM MacOS10.4 • iPod Touch 16gb

runningdog
Forum Regular
Jul 25, 2005, 03:34 PM

Supposedly someone took this random photo with their cellphone and got this surprise image of a ghostly spector hugging the person in front of them. It's a suspicious image in that why would anyone take such a photo in the first place. Plus the 'ghost', with four fingers, is casting a shadow but the face is somewhat transparent.

Here's another cell phone ghost image.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Jul 25, 2005, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by runningdog
If it weren't for the weirdly-shaped "arm," this picture wouldn't look anomalous at all.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

budster101
Baninated
Location: Illinois might be cold and flat, but at least it's ugly.
Jul 25, 2005, 03:52 PM

It's a timed photo without a flash.

They do a 5 second or 8 second shot with F-22 and a guy stand there for ony a portion of the shot and then exits hence his blurred head...

It's a fake.

Forum Links
Forum Rules