Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > VERY disappointed about MWSF

VERY disappointed about MWSF (Page 3)
hldan
Mac Elite
Jan 16, 2007, 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by larrinski View Post
I totally agree with you. Apple has no problem advertising their wares on the apple Canada site, including the new AppleTV, but we can't get the content...
Right! Which brings me to my point that it's more than likely that Apple is not deliberately excluding movie downloads from the U.K. If they are offering their own hardware and music outside the U.S. then the lack of movie offerings must have something to do with either licensing or digital rights.

Blublub
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 16, 2007, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by JRobinson View Post
There was a limited time for Steve Jobs' keynote, and the products he announced were top priority.
"Limited time"? You have to be kidding - that iPhone intro was about the longest MacWorld segment I can ever remember. I went away to run some errands shortly after the phone bit started and came back only to see it was STILL going on with something about accessing Google Earth. Having to resort to demoing Google Earth in 2007 says a lot about the keynote.

larrinski
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 16, 2007, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by hldan View Post
Right! Which brings me to my point that it's more than likely that Apple is not deliberately excluding movie downloads from the U.K. If they are offering their own hardware and music outside the U.S. then the lack of movie offerings must have something to do with either licensing or digital rights.
I understand your point, that we are waiting because of licensing etc... However, companies like Sony that release products like "in Japan only" don't then advertise in the USA to buy them. I say Apple needs to work faster to get those movie and TV deals before they miss the boat!
My Blog-pakos.me

dimmer
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 17, 2007, 08:01 PM

Apple Inc. is not Apple Computer Inc. The computer is so yesterday. I doubt we'll see Apple computer hardware post 2008, and Mac OS post 2009. It's just a fight that's been done and over for so long.

Apple will thrive on iPod and iPhone (in time) with a (hopefully renamed) iTunes as the software glue. Note that iPod and iTunes were Mac products, the iPhone is as much Windows centric as it is Mac.

TETENAL
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 17, 2007, 08:15 PM

The iPhone runs on OS X and allegedly doesn't snyc with Outlook. And that makes it "Windows-centric"?

dimmer
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 17, 2007, 08:37 PM

"Runs on OS X", yeah, f'sure it does... It's a code branch (at best, marketing at worst, seems to be the Safari codebase used as OS). Apple Mail can hardly sync (check your sp, btw) with Outlook unless you enable IMAP and POP, at which point Exchange is just another mail server.

From day-one, it's a Windows product (iPod and iTunes were not) -- note that I didn't say Windows centric, I said it was as much Windows centric as it was Mac.

TETENAL
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 17, 2007, 08:49 PM

So? Why woud I, as a Mac user, care that the product is compatible with Windows as well? Except that more sales mean lower prices.

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Jan 18, 2007, 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by dimmer View Post
Apple Inc. is not Apple Computer Inc. The computer is so yesterday. I doubt we'll see Apple computer hardware post 2008, and Mac OS post 2009. It's just a fight that's been done and over for so long.

Apple will thrive on iPod and iPhone (in time) with a (hopefully renamed) iTunes as the software glue. Note that iPod and iTunes were Mac products, the iPhone is as much Windows centric as it is Mac.
Wow. You really live your username don't you?

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]

Forum Links
Forum Rules