Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Don't Cheat on Your Girlfriend

Don't Cheat on Your Girlfriend
abe
Professional Poster
Apr 26, 2006, 10:30 AM

'Nuff said.
America should know the political orientation of government officials who might be in a position to adversely influence the future of this country. http://tinyurl.com/4vucu5

cjrivera
Professional Poster
Apr 26, 2006, 10:32 AM

Maybe he bought a new cat and his girlfriend was allergic, and so she left him...
"It's weird the way 'finger puppets' sounds ok as a noun..."

Dakar
Professional Poster
Apr 26, 2006, 10:33 AM

Don't you mean, "Don't get Caught Cheating on your Girlfriend"?

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Apr 26, 2006, 10:34 AM

Obviously

-t

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Apr 26, 2006, 10:38 AM

So, is it unanimous that everyone here condones cheating?

In all it's variations?
America should know the political orientation of government officials who might be in a position to adversely influence the future of this country. http://tinyurl.com/4vucu5

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Apr 26, 2006, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by cjrivera
Maybe he bought a new cat and his girlfriend was allergic, and so she left him...
I was trying to fashion a reply which complemented your supposition and used the term, "screwin the pooch." But, it became too much trouble, so here are the parts for someone else to assemble if they are interested.

Dakar
Professional Poster
Apr 26, 2006, 10:42 AM

ACtually, cj's response was fairly clever.

Mastrap
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 26, 2006, 10:43 AM

Absolutely.

SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 26, 2006, 10:44 AM

What's a "barstard"?

"One ticket to Washington, please. I have a date with destiny."

Mastrap
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 26, 2006, 10:44 AM

Anyway, that car sucked even without the graffiti. She did him a favour.

Dakar
Professional Poster
Apr 26, 2006, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by SpaceMonkey
What's a "barstard"?
Her accent shows through on her writing, apparently.

Dark Helmet
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 26, 2006, 10:50 AM

That's a pretty good idea.

"She's gone from suck to blow!"

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Apr 26, 2006, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by abe
So, is it unanimous that everyone here condones cheating?

In all it's variations?
No. I hate cheating.
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

Eug Wanker
Posting Junkie
Location: Dangling something in the water… of the Arabian Sea
Apr 26, 2006, 11:14 AM

"Wanker"

I swear it wasn't me. Honest.

ghporter
Administrator
Apr 26, 2006, 11:37 AM

I certainly don't condone ANY cheating. It's stupid, it requires a lot of trouble to cover, and it almost always becomes public knowledge fairly quickly. It's DUMB. AND it often causes the injured party to react very harshly - and to me, very understandably.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Apr 26, 2006, 11:38 AM

I like how the GF also parked it illegally to get it a parking ticket, too.

tooki

euphras
Mac Elite
Apr 26, 2006, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Dakar
Her accent shows through on her writing, apparently.

Harr harr harr!

BTW did we have a "speak like a pirate"´s day last year?

Macintosh Quadra 950, Centris 610, Powermac 6100, iBook dual USB, Powerbook 667 DVI, Powerbook 867 DVI, MacBook Pro early 2011

Dakar
Professional Poster
Apr 26, 2006, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by tooki
I like how the GF also parked it illegally to get it a parking ticket, too.

tooki
Good eye. I appreciate her attention to detail then.

Tuoder
Mac Elite
Apr 26, 2006, 12:18 PM

I am not exactly knowledgeable on any foreign law, but it seems like it would be terribly easy to sue and get all of the cash for the ticket and the paint job back. I guess that just depends on how much "outing" him as a cheater was worth to her.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Apr 26, 2006, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Tuoder
I am not exactly knowledgeable on any foreign law, but it seems like it would be terribly easy to sue and get all of the cash for the ticket and the paint job back. I guess that just depends on how much "outing" him as a cheater was worth to her.
It's in the UK, so while technically possible you actually wouldn't be able to get in touch with any authorities (including the police) who'd be the slightest bit arsed about your predicament... ...until you'd phoned them several thousand times over the course of a couple of months.

CMYKid
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 26, 2006, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by ghporter
I certainly don't condone ANY cheating. It's stupid, it requires a lot of trouble to cover, and it almost always becomes public knowledge fairly quickly. It's DUMB. AND it often causes the injured party to react very harshly - and to me, very understandably.

anyway, if you pick the right girls you dont have to hide it... I'm referring to the competitive ones, where one sort of girl would say "forget you", the other kind'll say "OH no, I'm not lettin that bitch win over ME..." Then you get both of them. ;-)

of course I'm skipping the obvious other scenario that involves 2...

sknapp351
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 26, 2006, 03:43 PM

I'm confused by the smiley face on the windshield.
SAm

CMYKid
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 26, 2006, 03:58 PM

i·ro·ny

1. The use of words to express something different from and often opposite to their literal meaning.
2. An expression or utterance marked by a deliberate contrast between apparent and intended meaning.
3. Incongruity between what might be expected and what actually occurs

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Apr 26, 2006, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by CMYKid
i·ro·ny

1. The use of words to express something different from and often opposite to their literal meaning.
2. An expression or utterance marked by a deliberate contrast between apparent and intended meaning.
3. Incongruity between what might be expected and what actually occurs
None of those definitions was actually correct. You guys over there on the other side of the pond, even the ones who write your dictionaries, really don't have a clue about the word, do you?

Dakar
Professional Poster
Apr 26, 2006, 04:19 PM

The word has been used and abused the past 10 years. I have no clue as to its actual meaning anymore.

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Apr 26, 2006, 04:27 PM

Cheating's bad, mmmkay?
You are in Soviet Russia. It is dark. Grue is likely to be eaten by YOU!

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Apr 26, 2006, 04:27 PM

The word has been used and abused the past 10 years. I have no clue as to its actual meaning anymore.
Contrary to popular belief, the second verse of Alanis Morissette's song is actually quite close:

Mr. Play It Safe was afraid to fly
He packed his suitcase and kissed his kids goodbye
He waited his whole damn life to take that flight
And as the plane crashed down he thought
Well isn’t this nice...
That's an ironic event. If I recall it correctly, irony is like a self-referencing tragedy.

(ignore the rest of the song though, it's just plain wrong)
( Last edited by Doofy; Apr 26, 2006 at 05:49 PM. )

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Apr 26, 2006, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Doofy
None of those definitions was actually correct. You guys over there on the other side of the pond, even the ones who write your dictionaries, really don't have a clue about the word, do you?
What does your Funk & Wagnalls say?

Dex13
Mac Elite
Apr 26, 2006, 05:47 PM

Don't you mean, "Don't get Caught Cheating on your Girlfriend"?
So True. So True.

Kevin
Baninated
Apr 26, 2006, 06:27 PM

You always get caught. The gals send out their vagnetic wavs when you are gone. It works like a bat's sonar. If it come back and she senses cheating, you are in for it.

KeriVit
Professional Poster
Apr 26, 2006, 06:45 PM

OK, I won't.

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Apr 27, 2006, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by Kevin
You always get caught. The gals send out their vagnetic wavs when you are gone. It works like a bat's sonar. If it come back and she senses cheating, you are in for it.
Do all of them know about these signals?

macmad
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 27, 2006, 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by Doofy
It's in the UK, so while technically possible you actually wouldn't be able to get in touch with any authorities (including the police) who'd be the slightest bit arsed about your predicament... ...until you'd phoned them several thousand times over the course of a couple of months.
Sad, but very true! Now if the car was speeding, that would be different... but vandalism, no chance.

Hal06
Forum Regular
Apr 27, 2006, 04:26 AM

Couldn't authorities give the guy another ticket due to the number plate being kinda unreadable?, I hope so, the guy is a moron, such behavior is immoral in principle.

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Apr 27, 2006, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by Inside Man
Couldn't authorities give the guy another ticket due to the number plate being kinda unreadable?, I hope so, the guy is a moron, such behavior is immoral in principle.
I hope we all mentally stop at least a nano-second to grant that we really are just ASSUMING he is guilty.

What about in "FRIENDS" when David Schwimmer and Jennifer Aniston were on a 'break?' She was going by different rules than he and she may have thought she would be justified in trashing his car when she discovered he was shagging someone else. But she'd be wrong.

So, I guess I'm saying that for the sake of the thread we can keep on believing he truly got busted and there's nothing else to say.

But, in terms of our mental attitudes and development and stuff, we must recognize that he MIGHT be innocent.

Ok. End of sermon.

ajprice
Professional Poster
Apr 27, 2006, 07:48 AM

Maybe he went for a girl who could spell properly...

Barstard, hehehe!!

It'll be much easier if you just comply.

subego
Clinically Insane
Apr 27, 2006, 05:53 PM

Anybody know what's on the rest of the car?

On the side I can make out "Wanker U have..."

The next word might be "been", but I'm not sure.

TheoCryst
Mac Elite
Apr 27, 2006, 06:05 PM

Oh no, people are referencing sitcoms now...

PS: Haha, serves him right (assuming he's guilty, if he isn't I hope he pisses in her coffee).

Any ramblings are entirely my own, and do not represent those of my employers, coworkers, friends, or species

Mithras
Professional Poster
Apr 27, 2006, 07:03 PM

I never cheat on my girlfriends, but sometimes my wife gets upset anyway. :rimshot:

ghporter
Administrator
Apr 27, 2006, 07:54 PM

Is that a hole in the passenger side windscreen? Like about the size of an 8 pound sledge? Hmmmm.

loki74
Mac Elite
Apr 27, 2006, 08:41 PM

cheating is incredibly stupid. I wouldn't be surprised if the guy deserved this, but man... what a bitch.

ghporter: heh I didnt even notice that at first...sure looks like it, but wouldnt an impact like that cause some fairly long radial cracks?

"In a world without walls or fences, what need have we for windows or gates?"

Sealobo
Professional Poster
Apr 27, 2006, 08:45 PM

You're not cheating unless you get caught.

Seriously, cheating is not something a wise man would do; you need to do a lot of things to cover up all the shxt.

freudling
Banned
Apr 27, 2006, 09:03 PM

A real man can cheat and lie about, convincingly. Just revert to being a cold, calculating male and follow your penis where it wills you. Screw chics (pun intended).

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Apr 27, 2006, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by ghporter
Is that a hole in the passenger side windscreen? Like about the size of an 8 pound sledge? Hmmmm.
No, it's the "tax disc".

Here in Blighty we have to display it on the inside of the passenger side windscreen to show we've paid road tax for that year. That one's mounted a bit high. Check the DoofyMobile in this thread to see the more usual mounting spot for it (right next to the yellow AA card holder).

(they're actually round - the square bit is so it runs through the printers easily. Round bit is perforated at circumference)
( Last edited by Doofy; Apr 27, 2006 at 09:40 PM. )

ghporter
Administrator
Apr 27, 2006, 09:43 PM

That's "interesting." The last circular windscreen sticker I had to use was commonly called "the target" and very obviously identified US forces' cars in Panama-in 1987-89. Bad times.

Our road taxes are (generally) connected to annual registration; when I renew my registration (which at one time generated new license plates), I get a new sticker. Here in Texas, it's a windshield sticker featuring a Texas flag (surprise!), and it goes next to/above/below the annual inspection sticker (which often also features a Texas flag). Other places use stickers that go on the license (number) plate, but we found there was a rash of stolen plates, and the windshield sticker turned out to be the solution.

Here's a picture:

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Apr 27, 2006, 09:44 PM

http://www.dontdatehimgirl.com/home/index.html

Each day, thousands of women around the world are cheated on by their boyfriends, fiancés and husbands. A man’s infidelity causes the destruction of thousands of marriages, engagements and relationships every year. What’s a woman to do? Hire expensive private detectives? Pay for costly background checks? Now, women have a new cost-effective weapon in the war on cheating men! Founded by women with women in mind, www.DontDateHimGirl.com is a free service that allows sisters to share their experiences with cheating men by posting pictures and other information about them in an easy-to-use, searchable database.

Using www.DontDateHimGirl.com is easy. To warn other women about a cheating man by posting his picture and profile into the database, simply log on and follow the instructions for posting. To find out about a suspected cheater, log on, type the cheater’s name into the database and watch as the website searches through hundreds of pictures and profiles to find a match!

Tasha Joseph is the creator of DontDateHimGirl.com, a controversial new website that lets women publicly out the men who cheat on them to avoid the heartache of dating the cad. Joseph wrote Class Action, a column for the Miami Herald, a Knight-Ridder daily newspaper, for over seven years. She was inspired to create the site after watching her girlfriends go through the pain of infidelity uncovered. The site currently averages 600,000 hits per day and features thousands of cheating men—with more being added each day! Joseph has appeared on the Today Show, MSNBC, Fox News and Entertainment Tonight talking about the site, a resource for women who have experienced the pain of infidelity.

loki74
Mac Elite
Apr 27, 2006, 10:42 PM

I really think that there should be a directory of chicks for guys as well. Dudes are not the only ones who cheat. That is one stereotype I hate beyond words. There are so many women out there who are sluts or just plain psycho, and I think a directory of them as well would only be fair...

"In a world without walls or fences, what need have we for windows or gates?"

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Apr 28, 2006, 12:01 AM

The last statistics I noticed mentioned that 51% of married men have cheated - and 49% of married women have cheated.

Cheating ain't a 'man thing'.

abe  (op)
Professional Poster
Apr 28, 2006, 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by loki74
I really think that there should be a directory of chicks for guys as well. Dudes are not the only ones who cheat. That is one stereotype I hate beyond words. There are so many women out there who are sluts or just plain psycho, and I think a directory of them as well would only be fair...
Originally Posted by Spliffdaddy
The last statistics I noticed mentioned that 51% of married men have cheated - and 49% of married women have cheated.

Cheating ain't a 'man thing'.
Hey Spliffdaddy!

coming soon

Men tell us your story - Send your Cheating women profiles to

[email protected]
http://dontdateherman.com/

IMHO I think you can tell it's a woman's construct. A guy might have called the men's version, "Don't Date Her, DUDE!"

This one is going to be called Don't Date Her Man. I guess I could imagine myself using 'man' when delivering that bit of caution to a male colleague. But, there's something about reading that title that makes it say something COMPLETELY different in my brain than what it's supposed to say.

It reads like someone talking to a floozy homewrecking woman and telling her, "Don't date her man."

The comma makes a difference.

Don't date her man. Don't date her, man.

Kevin
Baninated
Apr 28, 2006, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by Mithras
I never cheat on my girlfriends, but sometimes my wife gets upset anyway. :rimshot:
This deserved to be quoted and given a atleast once in this thread.

And since no one has yet, I am going to.

Forum Links
Forum Rules