Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Dish Network vs Time Warner? ...

Dish Network vs Time Warner? ...
cmeisenzahl
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 1, 2013, 09:58 AM

We've been Dish Network customers for about 14 years and have generally been pretty happy (I think we have the 200 channel package). My only gripes are losing the MSG and SNY sports networks. We have the 922 DVR with built in Sling and absolutely love it. Great DVR.

But we're open to the idea of switching back to Time Warner if the channels we want are there and the price is right. Since we already use Time Warner for RoadRunner we though maybe we could save some money if we bundled services?

I've tried calling Time Warner a couple times to find out how good their DVRs are, and how they compare to the Dish 922, but I never really get a straight answer.

Unless the TW DVR is now as good as Dish's I probably don't want to switch, and might even move up to the Hopper DVR.

Anyone here have experience with both? Or words of wisdom?

For what it's worth, we currently have two HDTVs and might add a third this year.

Thanks VERY much in advance,
Chris

osiris
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 1, 2013, 10:12 AM

Well, I don't DVR, but I have TWC. There at least a 1000 channels, most of which I don't want but have to pay for (through the nose btw). The picture quality is great in HD, but there are many times when pixelation or stuttering occurs.
I plan on swapping out my box for a newer one, but even friends complain about the image issues, so... fyi

If you go to tvguide.com TV Listings - Find Local TV Shows and Movie Schedules - Listings Grid | TVGuide.com and select Time Warner digital cable for a provider and use 10012 for a zip you'll get an idea of the channel selection. Good luck
"Faster, faster! 'Till the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - HST

cmeisenzahl  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 1, 2013, 07:20 PM

Thanks very much, Osiris.

Forum Links
Forum Rules