Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > cheap bluetooth usb for use with SE Z600

cheap bluetooth usb for use with SE Z600
sushiism
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 10, 2003, 11:48 PM

hey im getting a SE Z600 seen as my nokia 7110 is nearly dead and all nokia phones post that are horrible. So anyway can anyone suggest a cheaper bluetooth adapter than the one at the apple store for use in a tibook 800 running 10.2.6 at the moment but maybe 10.3 soon. Cheers, just about 35 pounds i think it is seems a bit much just to copy some photos and games back and forth hehe although better than the nokia data cable that was �99 terrible

veryniceguy2002
Senior User
Dec 12, 2003, 08:00 PM

Originally posted by sushiism:
hey im getting a SE Z600 seen as my nokia 7110 is nearly dead and all nokia phones post that are horrible. So anyway can anyone suggest a cheaper bluetooth adapter than the one at the apple store for use in a tibook 800 running 10.2.6 at the moment but maybe 10.3 soon. Cheers, just about 35 pounds i think it is seems a bit much just to copy some photos and games back and forth hehe although better than the nokia data cable that was �99 terrible
I used my "no-brand" Bluetooth USB adapter on my 1GHz 15" TiBook with my Sony Ericsson Z600 which I got last week. No problem whatsoever, except when I transfer the MIDI file from my Mac to the Z600, the Z600 complaints the file type I was sending may not be recognised by the phone (and I think that's nothing to do with my adapter). I accepted and plays very well as the polyphonic ringtones!

I would say there's no need to buy the D-Link adapter from the Apple store. Just go and get the cheapest USB Bluetooth adapter you can get from a PC store, and make sure you have the latest Bluetooth software from Apple. That's all!

sushiism  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 12, 2003, 08:44 PM

so does any bluetooth adapter work on osx? do they like function in a standard way

veryniceguy2002
Senior User
Dec 12, 2003, 08:59 PM

so does any bluetooth adapter work on osx? do they like function in a standard way
The "no-brand" one that I have comes with a Windows installer CD and no Mac documentation. I just play it into 10.2 and with the Apple Bluetooth software it just works!

sweatervest
Forum Regular
Dec 13, 2003, 11:12 AM

Do any cell phone carriers already have the SE Z600? Which ones? That phone looks awesome...

sushiism  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 13, 2003, 02:12 PM

in england o2 and tmobile have it i think, but prolly more seen as ive seen it in tonnes of shop windows.
Looked at bluetooth dongles today and event he unknown brand ones were pricey GRRRR think ill look for 2nd hand seen as its just not worth �35 to me

Forum Links
Forum Rules