Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Pages 2.01: Can't print rotated transparent text objects

Pages 2.01: Can't print rotated transparent text objects
Cadaver
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 4, 2006, 01:31 PM

I'm having an odd issue, and I'm not sure if its just my system or what.

In Pages 2.01 (all latest updates applied), if I create a text object, apply some transparency to it (even just one notch down) and rotate the text (even just 1°), the object will not print with the rest of the page. The standard text will print, but the text object will not. Doesn't even appear if I print to PDF, export to PDF, or print as Preview.

I'm trying to make a one page document which is nothing but text with an angled watermark across the text.

Can someone see if they can replicate this? Unless there's something odd about my system, it seems like a bug.

Jonesy
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 5, 2006, 01:29 PM

Sorry but I can't replicate this. I have tried doing just as you described but I can print to pdf and see the text as I should. I have tried putting the rotated text object in the foreground, background and as a master object and it always appears in the pdf properly. I even tried adding shadow to the main body of text and various text flow around the object as well as none. I'm not hooked up to a printer so I can't try that.

I am running Pages 2.0.1 on 10.4.6 on a PowerBook.

Sorry but I can't explain why it doesn't work for you. You're not using it on an Intel are you? I know that shouldn't make any difference but...

Cadaver  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 5, 2006, 08:00 PM

I can't actually reproduce it anymore either.

It was driving me nuts for nearly two hours. A couple hours later (no reboot, btw), and I can't make it do it again.

Weird.

Forum Links
Forum Rules