Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > iTunes album prices have gone up

iTunes album prices have gone up
Cadaver
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 31, 2006, 03:47 AM

(Sorry if there is already a thread somewhere... didn't see it)

Anyone notice that the per-album price on the iTunes music store has gone up from $9.99. Many I see while browsing today are $11.99-$14.99. The $6 increase is kinda steep, don't you think?

Salty
Professional Poster
Aug 31, 2006, 03:51 AM

Hey least you guys can buy on iTunes. We have a store up here in Canada, but almost none of the artists I like get added. Stupid labels wanting us to buy CDs. Oh they're on the American store sure... but why let Canadians pay 12 dollars for the album when you can bilk em for 20!

baw
Mac Elite
Aug 31, 2006, 05:06 AM

I stopped buying music long ago.

Oversoul
Senior User
Aug 31, 2006, 05:42 AM

I like the convenience and idea of buying music legitimately through iTunes, but you're right -- iTunes album prices seem to be on the upswing and most new albums (at least the ones I've look at) cost more than $9.99.

I think it's in part Apple capitulating to music label demands to raise prices, which they had been pressuring Apple to do some time ago. On the other hand, some of the pricier albums offer Album Only specials like digital or interactive booklets. Worth the extra buck or two? Your call.

But if iTunes prices continue to trend upwards, I won't be making music purchases online anymore and I'll just find other ways of acquiring music. And no, I won't be buying ridiculously priced albums new.

kikkoman
Senior User
Aug 31, 2006, 06:13 AM

Doesn't really affect me because I use iTunes to by singles. If an entire album is worth purchasing I've always bought the CD.

Dakar
Professional Poster
Aug 31, 2006, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by Cadaver
(Sorry if there is already a thread somewhere... didn't see it)

Anyone notice that the per-album price on the iTunes music store has gone up from $9.99. Many I see while browsing today are $11.99-$14.99. The $6 increase is kinda steep, don't you think?
Sounds like they want you to buy physical CDs.

demograph68
Professional Poster
Aug 31, 2006, 08:44 AM

My CD player beats your trendy IPOD any day!!! VIVA LA COMPACT DISK!

Forum Links
Forum Rules